Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
So my GT just arrived to my dealership in northern New England with 20" high performance summer tires. Both myself and the dealership searched for winter tires to put on the 20" rims with no success in finding Pirelli P zeros or Scorpions in the same sizes. After some research I found that the 20" Porsche Taycan winter tire packages had specs that exactly matched the Audi specs (Tire specs, offsets and lug pattern). Not that surprising. I convinced my dealership to test out this theory and since potholes are awful here we ordered the 19" Taycan aero S package. They just contacted me to tell me that it all fits perfectly and the TPMS is correct. There are plenty of 19" and 20" Porsche winter tire packages available if anyone else is in the same situation. Cheers!
Good solution. I posted pictures of all the Porsche winter packages somewhere in one of these threads, assuming they were the same pattern/offset/etc... It's funny that they are shipping these cars to northern NE with summer-only tires. Not only are they a no-go for handling and safety in the cold, many of the summer compounds will split and crack in the cold so the tires will be ruined by a simple drive from the dealer to your house regardless of snow and ice. When I was in Audi South Burlington last week and asked about how the owner of the RS GT there in the showroom was going to get it home because of that, they just said, "ummmmmmmmmm.....". I guess that's the one small benefit of my car not arriving until next summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey man! me again :)

Can you send me a link to the TPMS sensors you went with? I'm having trouble finding which ones may fit the GT, but you said you got ones for the regular e-tron SUV? They are working out for you?
Sorry for the late reply, I don't read the forums every day. I ordered them from TPMS.com and told them they were being used on the GT and they programmed them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dad wanted 20in black winter wheels so I found him a kit for the Taycan, which obviously fits bolt-on. Got it from wheelsco.ca

Comes with Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen1 245/45 20 and 285/40 20.

Just gotta figure out what to do with the Porsche center caps now.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
72 Posts
Just got my winter boots on, P Zero winters. New wheels too, 20” instead of the 21s I have for summer. Aerodynamic, smaller, and with the pirellis, perfectly timed as the snow started moments before I left the Audi shop.

Net effect: significantly reduced road noise, and - expected to a degree, though not this much. - 50% improved efficiency on the hour-long drive home! It was a combination of 40 mins high speed (140kph) in relatively robust snow and about 20mins country road driving, same conditions, moving from 2.7km/kWh to 4km/kWh. That’ll be nice if it holds.

Forecast says -9 for Jutland on Christmas Day, so good to have proper tires now!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
we’ve had a few days with freezing rain. my 100 mile round trip commute was totally fine with the Vredestein Wintrac Pros. i’m really impressed with them so far. they handle like summer tires. i’m eager to see how they do in the snow in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
72 Posts
we’ve had a few days with freezing rain. my 100 mile round trip commute was totally fine with the Vredestein Wintrac Pros. i’m really impressed with them so far. they handle like summer tires. i’m eager to see how they do in the snow in the coming weeks.
We’ve got a couple cm on the ground now, so I’m going to put the P Zeros to the test!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Had our first snow in the northeast overnight. we didn't get much, probably just under an inch. Wintrac Pros on this car are a great combination. Felt very planted. No slipping at all. Well, until i turned off the ESC and found a big empty parking lot. instant torque makes donuts super easy!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been using Nokian winter tires for years (had to have them sent from Europe before they had NA dealers) on my SUV's. They have a huge sidewall and I'm not sure how they would work on the GT, but they would not work on some other sport sedans.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
How did this set up work for you last winter? Looking into getting a setup for my first winter in the NE with my car.
Ended up getting a good amount of snow last winter, and they were great! In comparison to Pilot Alpin PA4s on a different audi, i liked them even more

·
Registered
130 Posts
My winter wheels are in production. I've got to purchase tires now. Wheels will be 20X9 and 20X11 (down from 21s for summers).

What winter tires and sizes should I look at? I'd love to try NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA R5 EV, but I can't seem to find them anywhere yet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
My winter wheels are in production. I've got to purchase tires now. Wheels will be 20X9 and 20X11 (down from 21s for summers).

What winter tires and sizes should I look at? I'd love to try NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA R5 EV, but I can't seem to find them anywhere yet.
It depends a lot of your location and the kind of conditions you are typically seeing.

·
Registered
22 GT
64 Posts
Finally got one of my local dealers to follow-through on my winter wheel/tire package inquiry.

$4104 for a set of stock 20" wheels, TPMS, and Pirelli P Zero Winters.

I couldn't get pricing from the other three dealers, so I don't know if that's THE number or their number.

That Pirelli tire is a really good one. But the problem is that the GT has the 21" Goodyears which need to come off within a few weeks due to overnight low temps. But going onto a true Winter tire that early is going to result in a one season lifespan. I'm west of DC and we can get a lot of snow and ice but we also can get a 60F day that will melt everything. Including winter tires. My wife has access to other vehicles that are more suited for bad weather, so all I'm looking for is a tire that can get her home if it goes bad during the day. She got by with Pirelli Cinturato All Seasons on her Panamera and that wasn't AWD. Not ideal, but it worked.

So that puts me into searching for an All Weather tire. Something that is a bit more biased toward winter than an All Season.

In the stock 245/45-20 & 285/40-20 sizes, I've Michelin CrossClimate 2 and that's it. $1420 from Tire Rack

Others that are close:
Toyo Celsius Sport 245/45-20 & 275/40-20. Both are 28.7" diameter. All Weather tire. $1230/set
Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 245/45-20 & 275/40-20. Both are 28.7" diameter. All Season tire. $936
Continental Extremecontact DWS+ 245/45-20 & 275/40-20. Both are 28.7" All Season tire $1058
BFG Comp 2 A/S+ 245/45-20 & 275/40-20. Both are 28.7". All Season tire w high snow/ice ratings. More siping than most A/S tires. $1006
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 245/45-20 & 275/40-20. Both are 28.7", Very highly rated All Season tire. $1210

I'm leaning toward the Toyo's mounted on a set of Taycan 20" takeoffs that can be found pretty readily. Would prefer a turn-key solution from the dealer, but I know those Pirelli Winters will get eaten up, and I'd hate to burn through a $2000 set of tires during a warm spell over the winter.

·
Registered
22 GT
64 Posts
Original Equipment tire diameters:

20" Michelin Pilot Sport 4 28.7" Front / 29.0" Rear
20" Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue 28.7" Front / 29.0" Rear

21" Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 5 28.3" Front . 28.2" Rear

That FF/RR delta goes in both directions. So I don't think the car is uber sensitive about exact diameters, which is why those 275 20" rears were included in my earlier post.

·
Registered
22 GT
64 Posts
Finally got one of my local dealers to follow-through on my winter wheel/tire package inquiry.

$4104 for a set of stock 20" wheels, TPMS, and Pirelli P Zero Winters.

I couldn't get pricing from the other three dealers, so I don't know if that's THE number or their number.
Another dealer got back to me... $4168 for the same setup.

cross climates are a good option for you given your situation
I have two reservations about that tire. Skimming through a ton of reviews on Tirerack for Audis, Teslas and Subarus and noticed a common complaint about noise. Which I know that the wife can get used to, since she understands that tires are more than just round and black. lol
But I also saw a few mentioning rock pickup. Which is a huge problem, because I live on a gravel road.

That tread design isn't like anything else out there.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

The Toyo Celsius Sport in new for this year. No reviews. So that's a big risk. I've used their R888s on the track and had Open Country A/Ts on a truck. Both are really good tires.

More of a traditional winter tire design.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
22 GT
64 Posts
There is a 19" e-tron GT wheel. 8"FF & 10" RR.

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bicycle part

There are a few sets on Ebay shipping out of Germany.
Stock tire size with that wheel would be 245/50-19 and 275/45-19

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it possible to put 21" Wintertires on the GT ? Audi was not able to give me a conclusive answer. On my Old Porsche Cayenne , Porsche told me i could use 22" Wintertires , but my RDS never worked since the Cayenne was not made for the 22" wintertires , only summer.

Thanks

81 - 100 of 106 Posts