Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
22 GT
112 Posts
21" winter/all-weather options are scarce.
Michelin offers a set of stock-sized Pilot Alpin 5's, but I don't see them available anywhere.
Pirelli Sottozero Serie 2 in stock sizes are available. A set will run $3300.
I had Sottozero Serie 3 on my E63S, and they were pretty good.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 wont be perfect, but it's close.
The Toyo Celsius Sport all weather will also get you very close, with a -0 fitment 255/45-21 and 295/35-21.

·
Registered
17 Posts
21" winter/all-weather options are scarce.
Michelin offers a set of stock-sized Pilot Alpin 5's, but I don't see them available anywhere.
Pirelli Sottozero Serie 2 in stock sizes are available. A set will run $3300.
I had Sottozero Serie 3 on my E63S, and they were pretty good.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 wont be perfect, but it's close.
The Toyo Celsius Sport all weather will also get you very close, with a -0 fitment 255/45-21 and 295/35-21.

what i don't know is if Audi recognizes the Tirepressure sensors for example. As i said, with the Porsche it never worked , only with Summertires in that size.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,

Just a quick question.

I have ordered a ETron GT RS with the following alloys:

21inch 10 Spoke Trapezoidal Module

Looking to replace the alloys but confused about the sizing. Never purchased alloys before. Now I can find 21 inch alloys but confused about the J size and offset. Does it have to match the original size 100%. Or is there a minimum and maximum. I don’t want to alter anything else like by spacers etc.

·
Registered
22 GT
112 Posts
Vredstein Wintrac Pro

Slightly off from OE sizing on the 20" wheel, but likely to be OK.
FF 245/45-20 103 Load Index, 28.7" diameter
RR 275/45-20 106 Load Index, 28.7" diameter

The 21" setup would be
FF 255/40-21 102 Load Index, 29.0" diameter
RR 295/35-21 107 Load Index, 29.1" diameter

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I went with the Wintrac Pros (235/45 fronts and 275/40 rears) last year, and they were great. Tirerack didn't have them in 245/45 last year, but i wanted to go a bit narrower anyway since it's for snow. They are great!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dad wanted 20in black winter wheels so I found him a kit for the Taycan, which obviously fits bolt-on. Got it from wheelsco.ca

Comes with Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen1 245/45 20 and 285/40 20.

Just gotta figure out what to do with the Porsche center caps now.

View attachment 3588
View attachment 3589
This site seems pretty reasonable? How good are the wheels holding up? Seems they offer some Superspeed wheels, never heard of them... but price with tires is reasonable... anyone else try these wheels?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just ordered
HAKKAPELITTA R5 EV SilentDrive
F: 245/45R20 103R XL
R: 285/40R20 108R XL

from wheelhaven.com. They're in Ontario, CA, but offer free shipping in North America.

Very smooth ordering process - super responsive to emails and very polite. They offered to help me find wheels as well, but I just received my custom order from litespeedracing.com - also a great company to work with.
(RS5RR gloss black forged aluminum monoblock for Audi e-tron GT. 20X9et42 and 20X11et46)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Found a copy of the 2022 Winter Wheel/Tire package list for the full Audi lineup. USA market.

View attachment 6852
245/45 all around seems like an odd choice for this car. i wonder why audi did that. does porsche sell a square winter setup like this for the taycan?

·
Registered
'22 e-tron GT & '22 e-tron 55
67 Posts
245/45 all around seems like an odd choice for this car. i wonder why audi did that. does porsche sell a square winter setup like this for the taycan?
I purchased this package from my dealership and the rear tires are 285/40/20. The price you see is for the larger rear tires. I chose this because I did'nt want to screw around with the wheels not fitting properly.

·
Registered
22 GT
112 Posts
I purchased this package from my dealership and the rear tires are 285/40/20. The price you see is for the larger rear tires. I chose this because I did'nt want to screw around with the wheels not fitting properly.
Can you share the price you paid and whether you had to add TMPS sensors to the package? The pricing sheet I posted states that they're extra. The two quotes I got from local dealers didn't specifically mention the TPMS equipment.

We've got overnight temps in the 30s in about a week here in VA. I need to get this wrapped up ASAP.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
that makes more sense. i wonder why they didn't specify it in the order guide. makes it seem like a square setup.

·
Registered
'22 e-tron GT & '22 e-tron 55
67 Posts
Can you share the price you paid and whether you had to add TMPS sensors to the package? The pricing sheet I posted states that they're extra. The two quotes I got from local dealers didn't specifically mention the TPMS equipment.

We've got overnight temps in the 30s in about a week here in VA. I need to get this wrapped up ASAP.
My USD price including individual TPMS and Audi OEM 20" wheels was $4216 (+ tax).
Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Font Rim

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
New offering from Nokian. They do make them in sizes for the GT. Not sure where to get them, or if they have been reviewed yet.

Generally my understanding is these tires are generally for deep snow.

·
Registered
22 GT
112 Posts
New offering from Nokian. They do make them in sizes for the GT. Not sure where to get them, or if they have been reviewed yet.

Generally my understanding is these tires are generally for deep snow.

Love Nokian tires! Been running them for almost twenty years.
Only one set of Hakkas, though, as they are very, very soft. Our old G wagen ran summer Bridgestones then switched to the Hakkas. Amazing tire. Unstoppable.

I'd jump on the the Nokian WRG4 if they were offered. Ran an older model of those on another Merc SUV. Quite a bit more firm, so they held up to the winter warm spells.

Currently running Nokian Rotiivas ATs on an older Land Cruiser. Very good year round tire. Just enough winter grip and doesn't melt during the summer. Definitely a mild AT design.

You can get the Hakka 5s from a dealer on ebay:
They aren't showing the rears, but those guys have been selling Nokians for a very long time, Even before they were officially in the US market.

Check that design:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
The R3s didn't do well in dry driving conditions from what i can recall. In the northeast, that's mainly what i encounter. Cold, dry days with occasional snow/freezing rain. I think Nokian skews for much colder and wetter/snowier climates than I see. Maybe they fixed that in the R5

101 - 120 of 150 Posts