Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another dealer got back to me... $4168 for the same setup.

I have two reservations about that tire. Skimming through a ton of reviews on Tirerack for Audis, Teslas and Subarus and noticed a common complaint about noise. Which I know that the wife can get used to, since she understands that tires are more than just round and black. lol
But I also saw a few mentioning rock pickup. Which is a huge problem, because I live on a gravel road.

That tread design isn't like anything else out there.
View attachment 6762

The Toyo Celsius Sport in new for this year. No reviews. So that's a big risk. I've used their R888s on the track and had Open Country A/Ts on a truck. Both are really good tires.

More of a traditional winter tire design.

View attachment 6763
Just put on CrossClimate 2s for the first snow of the year in the Chicago area. We only have a couple inches of snow on the ground, but I am completely sold. Great traction so far and they run so much smoother and even quieter than the summer high performance Pirellis.

I think the CrossClimates may have obsoleted the need for winter tires for me in the midwest.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Just put on CrossClimate 2s for the first snow of the year in the Chicago area. We only have a couple inches of snow on the ground, but I am completely sold. Great traction so far and they run so much smoother and even quieter than the summer high performance Pirellis.

I think the CrossClimates may have obsoleted the need for winter tires for me in the midwest.
they are pretty impressive from all the reviews i've seen over the last year. If my job didn't require me to come to work even in the worst possible conditions i would just run crossclimate 2s

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had my winters put on recently, I went with Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3s. They are pretty good, I had them before on a 2017 S6. Since we have weird sizes especially in 21” fitment, I had to use 275/35s in the front and 315/30s in the rear. I did a ASAP Tire/Tire Rack appt and they came to me. That was super convenient because I had to join a meeting during the tire install. I pulled the wheels off myself and remounted them myself because that is who I am and the CCBs.

·
Registered
22 GT
112 Posts
I just had my winters put on recently, I went with Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3s. They are pretty good, I had them before on a 2017 S6. Since we have weird sizes especially in 21” fitment, I had to use 275/35s in the front and 315/30s in the rear. I did a ASAP Tire/Tire Rack appt and they came to me. That was super convenient because I had to join a meeting during the tire install. I pulled the wheels off myself and remounted them myself because that is who I am and the CCBs.
I had Sottozero 3's on my AMG E63S. Had to do -1 fitment due to availability. Ran them for five winters. Decent tire for trashy weather. Thought they were very, very good in slushy conditions. Ice and hardpack was OK, not great. Wide studless rubber is never going to be optimal. The car was simply too low to venture out in anything more than a 4-6" of snow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Now I’m thinking I might put on some Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds 265/35/20, I had just bought for my RS7 that I sold. They worked out great for that car. I’ll be going square, and now I just need some decent 20s to put them on just for winter use.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts