Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this happen? Several times, I've locked the eTron, gone into a store and returned to see the back tailgate open!! I've been shocked and now conditioned to constantly look over the shoulder to ensure it doesn't pop up. At first I thought maybe I accidentally hit the hatch open on the fob, but I'm sure this hasn't happened.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. As a woman, I rarely have a pocket for the key. I put the fob on a chain that lays inside on top of my purse or on the outside. I'm acutely aware of this happening so am conscientious about not hitting or bumping into anything with it .. I've had it happen 3 times in a year.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
The reason why i asked is that i had something similar happen to me with Q5 i.e. walking away from the car and the hatch was opening. I think what happened to me was the key got pressed the right way in the pocket and i was still within range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason why i asked is that i had something similar happen to me with Q5 i.e. walking away from the car and the hatch was opening. I think what happened to me was the key got pressed the right way in the pocket and i was still within range.
Same thing happened to a male friend of mine

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Uncommanded hatch open would be concerning for sure. Have you brought that up to dealership? If it is a repeated issue I'm sure they can try to pull logs and see what was going on

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you don't watch it fully close and lock, it could have a small obstruction at the last second of latching that reverses it open.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Good point but it would then stay close to locked i.e. in downward position and not fully open. That's easy to simulate by instructing the lock and closing the hatch. It will try to lock and then kick back just some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, if it feels an obstruction, even at the last second, it will reverse and open fully. I've had the same experience with my Mercedes GLS550.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Interesting ... For me it just hovers a few inches and I need to press the button to open the hatch, remove obstruction, and try again. Now I'm concerned my hatch is broken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts