Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Premium Plus w/ Black Optics
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
New to the e-tron world (still waiting for my new-member intro post to be "approved"), but wondering if anyone here has used the factory scan tool to lower the air-suspension settings? If so, how far have you lowered it, have any pictures, what's your experience with it since lowering it?
Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's good. Is 'lift' something to do with wheel changing?
That would be a good guess, but I don't really know. The Audi manual is predictably obscure regarding what actually is happening. Under Settings/Air Suspension there is a "Change Tire" setting. That this would be the "Lift" level is a good bet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That would be a good guess, but I don't really know. The Audi manual is predictably obscure regarding what actually is happening. Under Settings/Air Suspension there is a "Change Tire" setting. That this would be the "Lift" level is a good bet.
But I can't see why a maintenance operation doesn't lower until 35 kph and I can't interpret the 'selection lock' and 'hysteresis of selection lock' phrases.
For example, in 'efficiency' the car waits until it's at 80 kph for 30s before it lowers and stays low until it's been at 35 kph for 12s before raising again and this is how I understand hysteresis. (Always assuming I'm interpreting this figure correctly).
And this figure isn't in my UK manual.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Folks,
New to the e-tron world (still waiting for my new-member intro post to be "approved"), but wondering if anyone here has used the factory scan tool to lower the air-suspension settings? If so, how far have you lowered it, have any pictures, what's your experience with it since lowering it?
Thanks!
Eric
Audi Club of NA posted this regarding an e-tron project they did: "Then, we heard New German Performance in Virginia had determined a way to program the car down without using a module. They’d worked out a solution for the Audi Q8 and, given the e-tron shares many components with Audi’s MLB-evo architecture, they were confident they’d be able to work out a solution for our e-tron.

In the end, their method worked. Project e-tron now sits about 30mm lower than it did when it was delivered at the dealership. Effectively, every setting in the range is now 30mm lower, with the allroad setting being roughly equivalent to the previous comfort setting."

Full article: Project e-tron - Lowering Suspension & New Wheels - e-tron connect.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Premium Plus w/ Black Optics
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Audi Club of NA posted this regarding an e-tron project they did: "Then, we heard New German Performance in Virginia had determined a way to program the car down without using a module. They’d worked out a solution for the Audi Q8 and, given the e-tron shares many components with Audi’s MLB-evo architecture, they were confident they’d be able to work out a solution for our e-tron.

In the end, their method worked. Project e-tron now sits about 30mm lower than it did when it was delivered at the dealership. Effectively, every setting in the range is now 30mm lower, with the allroad setting being roughly equivalent to the previous comfort setting."

Full article: Project e-tron - Lowering Suspension & New Wheels - e-tron connect.
Thanks, MegeTron. Yeah, I came across that info too, their "Project e-tron". They put some 22"'s on there when they lowered it, so hard to make a comparison with my stock 20's. I can't find really any pictures of it lowered via any method on stock wheel, so hoping to find some before I make my move. Perhaps I'll be one of the guinea pigs! My local shop has done this on a lot of other VAG's using the Factory Scan Tool and feel they can take it down 20mm. I believe Pacific German has lowered some with the FST so I'll be checking with them too.
My goal is similar to Audi Club NA's - to give it an Avant look, which is what I owned previously.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would love to get some more info on this. It would be great to be able to lower the car some more, for highway drives. I’m guessing that should aid with economy, as well as giving it a nice lowered look. On the other end, it would also be good to be able to rise it up more for some off-road driving. Anyone have and sites they can link to for this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts