Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions.
I know the lock / unlock is electronic in this car. but how to lock the car without using KeyFOB? Once I did not have key with me as i went in the garage to get somthing and I tried to lock the car using the door buttons and the car would not lock.

Also where is the keyhole in case keyfob is not working. where do you insert the keys in the door handle?

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55
15 Posts
1. Had similar situation today, locked with my smartphone. But this may not be the answer you're looking for.
2. Not sure, but I assume it will work somewhat the same way as in other cars, where the key hole is hidden behind the door handle plastic.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55
15 Posts
This is from VW. You put the key in this "under hole", then pull the plastic piece to reveal the key hole.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have not tried it, but did you try opening the door and locking it with the inside buttons, and then closing the door?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not tried it, but did you try opening the door and locking it with the inside buttons, and then closing the door?
That’s what I tried and the door Doesnot seem to lock if I hit the lock buttton and close the door. I assumed the car would lock it self but the other day it didnot auto lock and started beeping when I open the door after some time.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55
15 Posts
unless 100% sure
I understand :) This happened to our VW Beetle when key fob just died. We were shocked that we couldn't get into the car, but then googled it and found the solution. The plastic pops out and get in into place without issues, just try to do this gently. Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts