Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some references to the e-tron having standard LED headlights and some references to it having matrix design LED headlights. During the media event they also mentioned that the car would have matrix headlights but would need to be enabled via a software update after they have been cleared by regulatory agencies in the US. According to this article, we should be one step closer to that happening.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-autos-lights/u-s-safety-agency-oks-advanced-headlights-for-road-use-idUSKCN1ML2UW

Alex

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seeing as how most new vehicles are having a really tough time meeting IIHS' new headlight standards, this is good to see. Reducing the amount of glare to oncoming motorists will make a huge difference in road safety.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Seen this in person for myself on the a new Jaguar E-Pace that my buddy just picked up and I have to say its impressive, but it was optional as you can expect, not standard.

It also helps that the rest of the headlamp assembly complements the tech housed in it...

·
Registered
82 Posts
All newer vehicles will be moving towards adaptive lighting systems in the coming years. The only concern I have is what this will mean for the cost of replacement should something go wrong.

·
Registered
289 Posts
All newer vehicles will be moving towards adaptive lighting systems in the coming years. The only concern I have is what this will mean for the cost of replacement should something go wrong.
Its why you won't want to own out of warranty which applies to these vehicles overall, just the cost of paying for individual sensors that help with basic functions will scare the average consumer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I confirmed with Audi these cars have the matrix lighting due to US regulations its disabled and once approved by the DOT in the USA it can be reenabled via a software update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts