Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the highest amperage that a 2021 e-Tron can draw? If I install a Juice-box or similar hard-wired supply with a 48-amp output capacity will the car use that capacity?

I understand that the equipment supplied with the car is limited to 40 amps, and any supply plugged into a NEMA 14-50 outlet is also limited to 40 amps. It seems though that many hard-wired boxes can supply 48 amps, and before I pay for a 60-amp circuit I want to confirm that the car can actually use it.

The user manual seems to be silent on this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is the highest amperage that a 2021 e-Tron can draw? If I install a Juice-box or similar hard-wired supply with a 48-amp output capacity will the car use that capacity?

I understand that the equipment supplied with the car is limited to 40 amps, and any supply plugged into a NEMA 14-50 outlet is also limited to 40 amps. It seems though that many hard-wired boxes can supply 48 amps, and before I pay for a 60-amp circuit I want to confirm that the car can actually use it.

The user manual seems to be silent on this issue.
The E-tron has an 11 kW onboard charger. 50 A gives you 12 kW of power drawn from the outlet. Given that you typically see an energy loss of about 10% (it is probably a little less), that should give you the maximal rate. 48 A can deliver 11.5 kW of power so you will be pretty close to the maximal charge rate, but it may be just a bit shy. I charge at 40 A and it always can charge overnight to the level I need. I even had a few times where I decided in the morning to go on a longer trip and it charged to 100% (from around 50%) by the afternoon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I thought the car‘s charger was 11KW, but cannot find anything in the user manual that addresses it.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
308 Posts
The manual is pretty useless apart from descriptions of a few features. I spot read what I needed and it is sitting now in the glove compartment never to be used again. I can confirm I am able to draw 12kW from wall charger, so that would convert into close to 10.8 kW charge rate at the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts