Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Woodman and Tiff Needell compared the EQC and e-tron. In a surprising twist they don't pick either SUV as the winner.

Tiff says he'd rather have an I-Pace for lesser price and Paul picks the Honda e because the SUVs are too big for him.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Tiff definitely had more negative things to say about the Audi, as of the two, he favored the MB, and Paul went for Audi. But yeah, both would have gone with something different for their personal EV.

As usual, there were many valid points. Most of which is typically a non-issue for an actual owner as you'd eventually adapt to any design characteristics and even the most unintuitive interface would become familiar soon enough.

Obviously I went for Audi E-Tron, but the MB EQC EV isn't even available in the US quite yet. Although if it's anything like other MB's I've been in, the interior quality is surprisingly cheap. Not sure if it's just the ones actually built here or if most people are distracted by all of the shiny stuff. But push on any surface and there is so much loud plastic creaking. Rattles and squeaks are common. And the piano black, as though it weren't annoying enough, has got to be the most scratch-prone material I've ever seen.

I did consider the I-Pace, but there were way too many quality issues, not much of a selection to choose from, and what was in inventory was simply overpriced. Plus, I'm really not a fan of having so many separate check-box features as it makes it quite difficult to find one that has everything you're looking for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't seen or sat in a EQC, but if it's based on a GLC then I would have to say that the Audi is on a whole different class level. I find our E-Tron's fit and finish, as well as features to be about 95% of our Merc E-class coupe at a slightly lower price even before the discounts.

And as for the I-Pace, I liked the performance but couldn't bond with the user interface or "superior" Jaguar quality and reliability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Obviously I went for Audi E-Tron, but the MB EQC EV isn't even available in the US quite yet. Although if it's anything like other MB's I've been in, the interior quality is surprisingly cheap.
Interior and exterior too. The fact that the EQC only has the adaptive suspension on the rear axle, unlike the full adaptive suspension of the eTron, kinda is a half-assed attempt by MB. One of the reasons I stopped considering the EQC when looking at potential luxury EV's to purchase. If they cheaped out on that (which it should be standard - front and rear adaptive suspension at the price point they are asking), I wonder what else they maybe cut corners on, and expect consumer to pay full price for.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
"The fact that the EQC only has the adaptive suspension on the rear axle, unlike the full adaptive suspension of the eTron, kinda is a half-assed attempt by MB"

I hope the line " half-assed attempt by MB" was intended because its only "Half the car" > the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts