Audi E-Tron Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my e tron on 01/03/2020 ordered it from incoming stock in December. I have not been able to get it to charge to the 204 mile range. I have gone in the charging section in the MMI and changed it to 100%. The most miles I have been able to get has been 176 what am I doing wrong. Also can you charge the car on the 500kw charger @Electrify America? Oh by the way my owner manual has printed on the front 2020 e tron?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How cold is it where you are? The range will be significantly diminished in cold weather. You are getting to 100% charge, correct?

On the charger question, I believe the e tron can charge up to 150 kw, so if you connect to the 500 kw charger, it will only draw 150 kw max. It will drop off as you get past 75% charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The temperature is averaging about 38-45 degrees at night in the 50's-60's during the day

·
Registered
15 Posts
So here's the odd thing - I'm in the same temperature range, and consistently get 220 or so miles when fully charged. But, the actual range is much less - I will drive 100 miles, and lose 125 miles of range; by my calculations, 220 miles of range turns out to be around 170 - 180. So my car constantly lies to me. Yours may be actually telling the truth.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love the car just cannot understand why Audi limited the range to such a low milleage
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Its a first run and likely will be followed up by something truly good and what we always wanted in an ideal E-Tron. I mean, it is VW group we're dealing with here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree that temp plays a huge role. I was getting up to 220 miles in the summer in Maryland, and as low as 175 recently during freezing temps. Consequently, I am learning to use lower heat settings in conjunction with the seat warmers to "re-capture" 10-15 miles, while actually remaining pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find I get better range when I use the timers in the app to recharge the battery and precondition the battery and warm the cabin from the wall current instead of the battery before starting out. Yes, especially more noticeable in colder weather. If you start out cold, a decent chunk of your battery capacity will go to warming up the cabin and battery

·
Registered
7 Posts
The car has algorithms. It calculates the mileage based on what it last experienced (or is currently experiencing). The extremes that i have gotten between 165 and 220 miles in the charging range. I go skiing 140 miles from my home. On the way to the mountain, I will get about 165 miles in cold weather. So no matter what the mileage says when i leave, i will arrive with about 30 miles left in the range. On the way home, going down the mountain, the true range is approximately 220 miles. Both of these examples are when it is about 30 degrees. Warmer weather will do better. So, when i charge to 100 percent to go down the mountain, it will charge to 165 miles at 100. The car was just charged in my garage to 100% after a trip down the mountain and i just checked the app and it says 227 miles. I know when i go back, it will only let me get 165 miles.

The range is better when i drive in the Efficiency mode. I don't know that there is any downside to leaving it in that setting. Anyone find elsewise? I also find a use the left paddle going down the mountain to slow down which generates more power. Another interesting variable is the heat. Turn off the heater and range goes up. When i have range anxiety, I turn on the seat heater and turn down the heat. While i realize that if the range was 300 plus, i wouldn't have range anxiety, i have been enjoying experimenting to get the better range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my e tron on 01/03/2020 ordered it from incoming stock in December. I have not been able to get it to charge to the 204 mile range. I have gone in the charging section in the MMI and changed it to 100%. The most miles I have been able to get has been 176 what am I doing wrong. Also can you charge the car on the 500kw charger @Electrify America? Oh by the way my owner manual has printed on the front 2020 e tron?
I have had my ETron since June and have learned a lot about charging. First of all, the range shown after charging is a forward looking estimate based on your recent trips and driving habits. The battery is probably charged to 100%, but if you are driving at high speeds (over 70 mph), going up and over mountains, having the heaters or AC on high, the range calculated may be reduced based on recent history. If I drive to Bend, OR, a 4000 ft climb, my next range will be low like that. Generally I get 200-210 miles after a charge though. Give it some time. Also, you can reset your trip odometer before driving and see if your miles driven + range left is greater than the initial prediction.

You can only get 10kW into your batteries on a Level 2 charger, and 150kW on a Level 3 Electrify America chargers. The 350 kW and 500kW chargers will work, but no faster than a 150 kW charger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seeing similar cold weather reduction. My 18 mile trip to and from work using heat set at 70 typically shows a 22-25 mile hit on the range. Right now I am averaging 2.2 mi/kWh Long term over 1,400 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine in October and started out getting approximately 210 mile charge. It dropped to 180 - 190 about a month after that so I thought it was because of cooler weather. I live in Southern California so it rarely gets below 40 degrees, until last night and it was down to 33. My reading this morning is higher than it has been at 195 so now I'm not sure I agree with the temperature variances. I have been able to use the paddles to increase the overall mileage per trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts