Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest mileage indication on the battery meter have you seen before charging? Has anyone driven below zero miles?

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I huffed our car from Sacramento to Seattle, I got to about 16 miles remaining and the car was definitely not happy - many warnings and I believe that below a certain battery level, the car will start to reduce energy consumption by shutting things down (read: AC, heated/cooled seats, etc) and limit motor performance to try to keep you from going completely flat. While Audi covers roadside for exhausted batteries I wouldn't be super pushed to have to use it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Low mileage warning

Bjorn got down to 18km, around 10 miles, on his range test Before the battery warning came on. My dealer said Audi will come out and charge the car up to the level necessary to get to a charger. As you said would not like to have to wait for a truck. He didn’t say what the charge is. Maybe AAA should include that kind of service. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't recommend trying to go below zero. The internet is full of photographs of e-trons being towed because their owners thought they could eke another 1-2 miles out of the battery.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My understanding is that the e tron starts to shut things down when the battery level falls below 25%....first efficiency stuff, then more serious stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the lowest mileage indication on the battery meter have you seen before charging? Has anyone driven below zero miles?

I purposely pushed mine below zero this morning. The notion that there is some kind of reserve (I've heard around 20 miles) is BS, at least in my case. I maybe went 2-3 miles while loosing speed the whole time. 9 free tows left ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve gotten it down to 6%, 15 miles left it said. It didn’t shut down any features. I believe I was more nervous than the car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts