Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I picked up a used Edition One. I love it!

Unfortunately, it’s missing the second set of keys and the 240v cable...

I live really close to a whole bunch of fast chargers, I was planning on having a Nema 14-50 on the driveway and using the supplied charging unit.

Now that I don’t have the 240v cable, what would you suggest? I would be hooking in the driveway, so it’ll be outdoors/uncovered. What would be the most cost effective thing to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My advice is to buy an outdoor rated charger
you don’t want to be plugging any high-power cables into an outlet outside in snow and rain
btw, with the latest software updates etron can accept up to 11 KW of power in L2, so make sure to get a charger that supplies at least that much power, roughly 50 amp.
i’ve got ChargePoint Home Flex and I like it.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
86 Posts
My advice is to buy an outdoor rated charger
you don’t want to be plugging any high-power cables into an outlet outside in snow and rain
btw, with the latest software updates etron can accept up to 11 KW of power in L2, so make sure to get a charger that supplies at least that much power, roughly 50 amp.
i’ve got ChargePoint Home Flex and I like it.
11Kw is only available using a three phase supply and a three phase cable. So if you have that, all good. 7Kw max on 240v single phase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
11Kw is only available using a three phase supply and a three phase cable. So if you have that, all good. 7Kw max on 240v single phase.
I meant that in US etron was limited to 9.6 KW before, no matter what L2 setup
In Europe, it was 11 KW to begin with (or 22 KW for double chargers)
Now they upgraded that to almost 11 KW, i get 27 miles per hour of charging
In US, all L2 home chargers setups are usually three phase

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m looking at the Juicebox 48, but it looks like it can only be hardwired. There’s a possibility we might move in the next 3 years. Should I just get the Juicebox 40 plug in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m looking at the Juicebox 48, but it looks like it can only be hardwired. There’s a possibility we might move in the next 3 years. Should I just get the Juicebox 40 plug in?
This will limit you to 9.6 KW instead the of almost 11 KW
If you don’t mind about 10-15% slower charging, this works

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most good chargers come with both options
You can use the outlet for now and hardwire later

·
Registered
105 Posts
In US, all L2 home chargers setups are usually three phase
Residential homes in the US are supplied with single-phase power from the utility. Three-phase is reserved for commercial/industrial.

Houses run on 120v; 240v by pulling phase-to-phase (for your dryer, oven, car).
Commercial lighting for instance runs on 208v on a standard 480v three-phase service.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
86 Posts
Ok so which is it, three phase for L2, or "240V pulling phase to phase" although TBH I've no idea what that means :) ... ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts