Audi e-tron Forum banner

MMI shortcut reset by itself

9K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  EJFriedmann 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Have anyone of you experience the MMI reset the shortcut itself (the 5 button shortcut on the left side of the upper screen)? I have been trying everything, but it always return to the default arrangement overnight when I start the Etron next morning. Any advice will help. Thnx

#3 ·
Yes, I experienced this issue with my 2019 e-tron premium+, reported it and I believe Audi issued a software update that fixed it. If the dealership isn't aware of a software update. I would call Audi of America and speak with Nick. Here is his direct contact info.

Nick
Tel. +1 800 822 2834
Select Prompt 9 – Ext 43449

#5 ·
My apologies, it appears I might have misspoken. After reviewing all of my service actions for my 2019 etron, it appears that it wasn't fixed with the June 2020 MMI update. Based on my review of the documentation, I was still experiencing the problem when I took my vehicle in for repair in November 2020. That is also when I was offered the trade credit from AoA, because of all of all of the issues I had experience and was still having with my 2019 etron. I don't believe the issue is still present in my 2021 etron (I did a lot of compare/contrast right when I purchased the 2021 etron). I should be receiving my 2021 etron back from the dealer today and will test over the course of next week to see if it still present. Sorry about the confusion. I would still encourage you to reach out to Nick, as he sees it all.

#8 ·
@mmmzon my apologies. It appears that I traded in the 2019 e-tron in before it could be resolved. I have tested it in my 2021 e-tron (just got it back) and the shortcut updates I made last week Friday haven’t reverted back to default yet. I’ll keep you posted.

Reactions: mmmzon
#10 ·
So far the MMI menu shortcuts haven’t reset in over a week since I customized them. I believe this issue was fixed in the 2021 mode year.

#12 ·
I’ll look in the MMI for a software version for reference. If you haven’t, I’d report the issue to AoA.

#14 ·
I hope this helps! Sorry about the glare...

Reactions: mmmzon
#18 ·
So ... having been messing with the MMI a bit to see what I can do to help with the favorites being forgotten every time the car is charged ... I may have stumbled into an odd ball hack that seems to work reliably for me. With the empty list of caller favorites in the phone app, pick the target number / contact and add it as a shortcut first, then as a favorite, then proceed to remote the shortcut. Now I am able to add new favorite contacts and they seem to stick around. I tried it with two phones and that seems to hold well for now.

@EWYL seems to not have been around so just recording for posterity ...

#19 ·
Just picked up my eTron from service.

They applied 2 TSBs: SW update for no communication to myAudi app during deep sleep state and Battery Ctrl Management module replacement. Range is now back to 215-222.

I also made note about the MMI favorites resetting to factory- first time I've got the message: SOFTWARE SOLUTION IS PENDING. There may be hope!

Reactions: Hifixenthusiast
#20 ·
Last month, Audi Pasadena had my eTron for some SW/TSB issues. I mentioned that my VC would periodically reset from Sport to stock, as well as the MMI upper screen favorite would reset without pattern.

I provided a TSB that was to address inability to change the VC screens to different ones (which I could change)- it essentially applied SW update.

Magically- 2+ weeks and counting- the VC has stayed in Sport and so have my MMI favorites! (in April, Circle Audi said that there was a pending SW solution for the MMI reset).

It's not listed as an official TSB for the MMI/VC reverting to stock, but if you are able get your dealership to apply it- you might be in luck: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...77410-0001.pdf

(latest TSB related: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Audi/e...062266-1.shtml)

#21 ·
Looks like I jinxed myself. After the dealer reset MMI to factory default- MMI favorites resetting again. Ugh!

Hope the pending definitive SW solution comes sooner than later.

#24 ·
I have the same issue with my MY22. The shortcuts get grayed out, the radio favorites get erased, and any adjustments I make to the AC button layout on the lower screen is reset periodically. And this is always with the same key user.
was anyone able to successfully fix this? Very annoying
I'm in the same boat. MY22. Losing shortcuts and favorites randomly since January.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.