Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello All,

This is my first post as a possible e-tron owner. I currently own a model Y and about to trade it in. Can anyone provide some guidance. Has anyone gone from a Tesla model y to the etron? How is the active lane assist compared to Tesla’s autopilot lane assist (non FSD). Hope to hear from you all cause I’m about to pull the trigger tomorrow!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
From my experience, Model Y is worlds ahead in User Interface, cabin space and efficiency
However, it is marred by low quality, which manifests in road and wind noise, uncomfortable drivers seat and frequent service visits

Audi’s User Interface is atrocious and effiiciency is beyond pale, however I haven’t had a single breakdown yet (knock on wood), the seats are excellent and the car is quiet the the point whereI can’t hear the policemen with a bullhorn right outside :)

you choose :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post as a possible e-tron owner. I currently own a model Y and about to trade it in. Can anyone provide some guidance. Has anyone gone from a Tesla model y to the etron? How is the active lane assist compared to Tesla’s autopilot lane assist (non FSD). Hope to hear from you all cause I’m about to pull the trigger tomorrow!!
I’ve been driving a model 3 for 2.5 years, but w/o auto pilot. I’ve had 2 x 7 day AP demos but was never intrigued enough to purchase it.

Just got a 21 e-tron and love it. Drive it 1000 miles my first weekend from San Diego to Portland, and used lane keep assist for probably 75% of the trip home. I thought it worked very well.

I was concerned about charging but actually found that I had more frequent options than I do with Tesla (as I got out of metro areas), chargers every 40-50 miles, maybe not as many stalls at each location but it just felt like there were more locations. Charging with EA gave me a consistent 145kW at each stop, and while I thought using chargers at a Walmart would be weird, but it was actually very convenient because there’s always a restroom and anything else you could want at the Walmart.

My model 3 is loud inside compared to the e-tron, I could talk on e-tron speaker phone at 80 miles an hour and people on the other end had no problem hearing me. I’ve taken the 3 on a few 1000 mile trips and always thought the seats were very comfortable, however I opted for the Prestige pack on the e-trim and those seats are top notch.

astly, I didn’t think I’d care much for Apple Car Play, but having it available wirelessly in the e-tron is pretty slick and convenient.

The model 3 acceleration is unmatched but the e-trim is no slouch for its size.

I still love my model 3, but as a car enthusiast who enjoys something a little more unique, there have just gotten to be so many of them on the road that the novelty has worn off for me.

At the end of the day, you’re choosing between a model Y and an e-tron, that’s a good problem to have 😀

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The quality is definitely way better than my model y. The model y handles like a sporty car. The e-tron is more like like
From my experience, Model Y is worlds ahead in User Interface, cabin space and efficiency
However, it is marred by low quality, which manifests in road and wind noise, uncomfortable drivers seat and frequent service visits

Audi’s User Interface is atrocious and effiiciency is beyond pale, however I haven’t had a single breakdown yet (knock on wood), the seats are excellent and the car is quiet the the point whereI can’t hear the policemen with a bullhorn right outside :)

yes I have brought my Tesla model y to get parts replaced since I got in over a year ago. Their service stinks but since everything is so modular in the car it’s easy to pop out and put in new and have a mobile service team come to your house. With that said the wind noise is horrible and the build is bad.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The fit and finish of the E tron cabin is excellent. When I first got my Prestige in 2019, I was stunned when I realized I couldn't really hear my garage door go up and down.

·
Registered
446 Posts

How often does that happen? ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yan...sounds like you owned a Tesla before. I agree with you on every point except for the seats on the Model Y. Those are very very comfortable. Is there a way to control that electric motor sound from the E-tron?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
Is there a way to control that electric motor sound from the E-tron?
Apart from disconnecting the speaker or adding some extra load resistance, I am not sure what can be done. It does not seem to be able to be deactivated legally (required for road operation in US as far as I know)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yan...sounds like you owned a Tesla before. I agree with you on every point except for the seats on the Model Y. Those are very very comfortable. Is there a way to control that electric motor sound from the E-tron?
Unfortunately no
My problem is not even the fact of this sound, it is the volume, which is louder than most gas cars
Maybe dealer can adjust that?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
If you're handy with wires and soldering iron, an extra resistor inline will do the trick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So im taking the plunge and getting a 2021 Mythos Black e-tron Sportback. Will trade in my Model Y for it. Hopefully i can figure out where all these charging stations are for road trips.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
I use it heavily myself and has not failed me yet. Much better than just standard google maps. I wish they would integrate some of the EV functionality into their product as well. Downside is that this planner does not seem to work with Android Auto ...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So im taking the plunge and getting a 2021 Mythos Black e-tron Sportback. Will trade in my Model Y for it. Hopefully i can figure out where all these charging stations are for road trips.
Congratulations! I have not had experience with the Y, but from all I read, you will be getting a big step up in cabin fit and finish and comfort, for a drop in range. In picking an EV, range is not the "be all and end all". It's balancing the overall vehicle experience!

1 - 20 of 254 Posts