Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
PlugShare and EvGo if you want to be covered all around for options. I also use ChargePoint app since I have their home charger

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do the Etrons lock on their own when you walk away similar to the Tesla’s or do you have to manually press the lock bottom in the key fob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
One issue that was really annoying in my Model Y were the acoustics in the car. When you spoke it almost was amplified because of the all glass roof and lack of sound absorbing material all over.

·
Registered
2020 e-tron Sportback First Edition
7 Posts
So im taking the plunge and getting a 2021 Mythos Black e-tron Sportback. Will trade in my Model Y for it. Hopefully i can figure out where all these charging stations are for road trips.
Hi – In September 2020, I took delivery of a brand new Model S but was shocked by the quality of the hardware: gaps in the bodywork as well as on the inside, parts that were clearly hammered in, parts of the interior were actually hanging in mid-air, etc. Happy to share photos. Not what one would expect from a car at that price point. Luckily, Tesla allowed me to return the car and I received a full refund. The following month (Oct 2020), I purchased a black e-tron Sportback and haven’t looked back: it looks gorgeous, and the build quality is excellent (both the exterior and the interior). Compared to the Tesla, the MMI software isn’t the best and the range is much less (but not really an issue for 99% of my trips) but I love the predictive efficiency feature (vs single pedal driving), how quiet it is inside and the sheer luxury of the car overall.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
Amen to that ... I would be curious to see photos. I saw some posted online in similar cases, but it is hard to believe a car would be delivered to a customer in a condition like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi – In September 2020, I took delivery of a brand new Model S but was shocked by the quality of the hardware: gaps in the bodywork as well as on the inside, parts that were clearly hammered in, parts of the interior were actually hanging in mid-air, etc. Happy to share photos. Not what one would expect from a car at that price point. Luckily, Tesla allowed me to return the car and I received a full refund. The following month (Oct 2020), I purchased a black e-tron Sportback and haven’t looked back: it looks gorgeous, and the build quality is excellent (both the exterior and the interior). Compared to the Tesla, the MMI software isn’t the best and the range is much less (but not really an issue for 99% of my trips) but I love the predictive efficiency feature (vs single pedal driving), how quiet it is inside and the sheer luxury of the car overall.
What is the predictive efficiency feature?
Also I feel your pain I had my car serviced 6 times in 1 year between rattles and receiving the car with scratches

·
Registered
2021 Sportback Siam Beige
19 Posts
There is a pattern at Tesla that the Tesla fanbois refuse to acknowledge....but I keep seeing it. Tesla has an end of quarter frenzy, to deliver cars, to beat their guidance...and raise share price. Every quarter, the frenzy gets worse.
Almost all of the really bad cars seem to come out of this period. Tesla still shows the sale, and the returns tend to come back in the beginning of the next quarter, giving them lots of time to fix the issues. I noticed that @ArunaB took delivery in September - so that fits. Musk needs to quit Tweeting, pulling Bitcoin stunts, and invest in a better quality control. He also needs to listen to his dis-satisfied customers.

Of note: My Model S was nicely built. It's a bit noisy, and rides more like a sports car than a luxury vehicle (and I'm okay with the ride), all good with service, and I'm really satisfied with most of my Tesla experience.
Why did I change?: The "new" Tesla is all about speed, range, and minimalism. There was no thought of improving the ride, interior, finish, and feel of the new Model S and X. The new dashboard looks like a shelf, with an iPad glued to the centre, and a video game steering wheel. They will scare away a bunch of potential customers who want the look and feel of an expensive automobile. Plus, the quality issues will drag even more away from them. I really hope a Tesla executive gives me an "exit interview".....because I want them to succeed. If they continue like this, there will be a tipping point where they begin to disappear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Really good discussion guys! I have a 2019 Edition One, so it came with everything loaded, even more than the current Prestige. I test drove the Tesla Y 3 times and the Model 3 once in consideration for my wife, whose BMW i3 was showing its age (2014). The Tesla is LOUD compared to the high end Audi's with air suspension and double glass windows. While the Y and the 3 drove more sporty and nimble, the e-tron SUV definitely writes more like a old Lincoln Continental, you feel the weight of its larger dimensions. Real world range for the e-tron is like 200, but then the real world range of the Tesla Y/3 are prob more like 250-275, right? Is there really a difference, especially if you have a Level 2 charger at home? Plug it in every night to 90% or **** 100% and you start every day with 190-230 miles depending on the time of the year.

Interior luxury in the Audi Prestige/Edition One is unparalleled. Real leather seats. Heated for cold days. Venilated for hot, humid ones. The head-up display is GORGEOUS! As a first generation EV for Volkswagon/Audi it was designed to make drivers feel like they are in a Q7 or Q8, but smooth as butter acceleration and NO ENGINE NOISE. And by the time I got rid of my A4 (2014) and Q5 (2018) I hated the engine being turned off at stops and the brief lag due to the turbo engine... I love the direct drive and propulsion of EV motors. Never going back.

In sum, if you want a luxury interior with fine attention to details, you need an Audi and not a Tesla. The motor performance is good enough for me. I don't need to go zero to 60 in 3 seconds. Not that important to me. Safety. Smooth ride with zip when I want it. Feeling luxurious when in the vehicle. Great in the snow. Awesome cornering. Audi all the way! Wait till they get QuantumScape's solid state battery in future EV's and we'll be talking about 750 mile range and full recharge in 10 minutes. Buy the stock (QS) before it rockets to the moon folks! Volkswagen invested in them and recently dropped $100 M for achieving performance metrics. Anyhow, I digress! Buy a 2021 Sportback Edition One if you can. The $85 K will be well spent!

·
Registered
658 Posts
There is a pattern at Tesla that the Tesla fanbois refuse to acknowledge....but I keep seeing it. Tesla has an end of quarter frenzy, to deliver cars, to beat their guidance...and raise share price. Every quarter, the frenzy gets worse.
Almost all of the really bad cars seem to come out of this period. Tesla still shows the sale, and the returns tend to come back in the beginning of the next quarter, giving them lots of time to fix the issues. I noticed that @ArunaB took delivery in September - so that fits. Musk needs to quit Tweeting, pulling Bitcoin stunts, and invest in a better quality control. He also needs to listen to his dis-satisfied customers.

Of note: My Model S was nicely built. It's a bit noisy, and rides more like a sports car than a luxury vehicle (and I'm okay with the ride), all good with service, and I'm really satisfied with most of my Tesla experience.
Why did I change?: The "new" Tesla is all about speed, range, and minimalism. There was no thought of improving the ride, interior, finish, and feel of the new Model S and X. The new dashboard looks like a shelf, with an iPad glued to the centre, and a video game steering wheel. They will scare away a bunch of potential customers who want the look and feel of an expensive automobile. Plus, the quality issues will drag even more away from them. I really hope a Tesla executive gives me an "exit interview".....because I want them to succeed. If they continue like this, there will be a tipping point where they begin to disappear.
The unfortunate fact is that Tesla has been and still is an Energy Credit Financial company. For 13 years the company has been driven, not by the need to learn to produce quality vehicles at lower costs, but to push out and sell as many EV cars as possible in order to receive these energy credits for each sell. Currently, it is unique in this role because it is the only pure EV company in the US. It can sell these credits to other automakers so they can offset efficiency penalties. This has severely eroded the incentive for Tesla to get its act together as an automobile company. Even considering the impressive last quarter, Tesla has never shown a profit based on vehicle sales. Rather, it has relied on selling tons of Energy Credits. Last quarter is sold a record number of these credits in order to post a supposed profit. Unfortunately, with competitors lining up, it is unlikely the phenomenal number of credits they have been raking in can be sustained, while the demand for credit purchases will taper as other makers face lower penalties.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
@JNealCox seems like Tesla model will collapse once VW stops needing that many credits for European market. They are well on their way to get there and then, well ... adieu Tesla and profitability.

@ModernTech18976 - your post was one of the better ones I read in a long time. Thank you. You nailed so many points in there I should have ability to give you 15 likes at best. Sorry, can do just one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The unfortunate fact is that Tesla has been and still is an Energy Credit Financial company. For 13 years the company has been driven, not by the need to learn to produce quality vehicles at lower costs, but to push out and sell as many EV cars as possible in order to receive these energy credits for each sell. Currently, it is unique in this role because it is the only pure EV company in the US. It can sell these credits to other automakers so they can offset efficiency penalties. This has severely eroded the incentive for Tesla to get its act together as an automobile company. Even considering the impressive last quarter, Tesla has never shown a profit based on vehicle sales. Rather, it has relied on selling tons of Energy Credits. Last quarter is sold a record number of these credits in order to post a supposed profit. Unfortunately, with competitors lining up, it is unlikely the phenomenal number of credits they have been raking in can be sustained, while the demand for credit purchases will taper as other makers face lower penalties.
Who do these energy credits come from?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
Correct - that is close to pretty much selling the right to pollute. But how come Tesla (or others) has that right in first place? It is not like they clean up anything in the process of manufacturing their vehicles.

All in all, it is one more way of offsetting manufacturing costs onto the final customer.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts