Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How many times have you guys gotten Over The Air Updates in a year and what exactly did they improve with them? I hear we have to bring the car in to service for them to do the OTAs?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
So the way it works is simple: maps, non-critical parts of infotainment system are done OTA. I regularly receive map updates, as an example (not sure what for, I do not use inbuilt navigation)
Everything critical to the operation of the car as a whole will be done on site at dealership using standard offline flashing process.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I am looking forward to having Sirius XM radio again in my car and Carplay on my screen. 2 things i missed since getting a Tesla Model Y. I cant believe they never included Sirius xm with the car

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am looking forward to having Sirius XM radio again in my car and Carplay on my screen. 2 things i missed since getting a Tesla Model Y. I cant believe they never included Sirius xm with the car
That always bugged me with my MS. Just an absurd oversight which they blamed on the panoramic glass roof.

·
Registered
2021 Sportback Siam Beige
19 Posts
That always bugged me with my MS. Just an absurd oversight which they blamed on the panoramic glass roof.
?
My Model S has Sirius XM. No Carplay, but it does have Spotify, and Tesla's streaming App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So one problem. I plugged in the cable into my NEMA 14-50 plug and it’s not charging on its own. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
Another thing to check - what is the battery status, i.e., charge level? The level is limited to 80% if memory serves right, so it will not pick up more charge if it is at 80% or higher.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Another thing to check - what is the battery status, i.e., charge level? The level is limited to 80% if memory serves right, so it will not pick up more charge if it is at 80% or higher.
You are correct that was it. I still had more than 80% battery

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
I still had more than 80% battery
First scary moment is gone ;) I would not charge it past 80% for every day usage. No point in that. I try to keep battery level around 60% with shallow charging for daily commute. It seems to preserve battery capacity best, just FYI

·
Registered
658 Posts
I typically keep in a similar range. Going to 100% is bad for the battery (as is going really low). I like to make sure I always have at least 50% in case of an emergency. I wouldn't want to bleed out in the garage while waiting for the car to charge! You might want to give the RecurrentAuto.com site a visit. It has a couple of really interesting articles about how charging/discharging affects the integrity of the battery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anyone know if the seats on the premium plus are leather or fake leather.
ElectricRider, I found this in a 2019 review on https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/audi/e-tron/2019/interior:
‘This Audi seats five people on standard leather upholstery. Power-adjustable, heated and ventilated front seats are standard too. Upgraded leather seats, massaging front seats, and heated rear seats are available.’

Here‘s another from Car & Driver, 2021 Audi e-tron Review, Pricing, and Specs:
‘We like the price point of the entry-level Premium trim level, and pairing it with the sleeker Sportback helps the e-tron garner more attention. This combination benefits from upscale standard features such as 20-inch wheels, blind-spot monitoring, heated front seats, four-zone climate control, leather upholstery, and a panoramic sunroof.’

So yes, our cars do have leather seating. So far I’m finding the seats very comfortable.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts