Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do people support the charger control unit while charging at home with the cable that is supplied with the car? Do most people just let it hang from the outlet?

There is a clip available from Audi that holds the control unit, but it is apparently back-ordered. It is on sale, discounted from $125 to $78, but will be several months before it is available.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a small two level stand. The box is strapped flat to the lower shelf and I curl and place the charging cable on the top shelf when not in use.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up my new Prestige on Friday. Today I added a 220V 50 AMP outlet & mounted the charger today that did not come with a holder. I had to use two metal I inch U clamps from Lowe’s (sku # 816-293. sigma 1 inch u clamp that I painted black. Then purchased a hose holder, I think it works great for now with a total cost of 25.00. The clamps cost for two were .87 cents.

My sister put the below in front of her house.
F48D9299-0FB6-468E-9E3D-7FEFCDD2A2E3.jpeg D35833A6-706C-43A4-9394-E80A8D4834E6.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
26 Posts
I let my charger free ball on the wall. It's a little ridiculous the hanger for the charger is $249 for a piece of plastic NEW Audi E-tron Charger Wall Bracket Type 1 8V4-915-706-D | Audi Parts Store I looked for alternatives but couldn't find any. I did buy a $20 cord reel holder and plug clip off Amazon. For a little extra over the plastic wall bracket, you can just buy a dumb level 2 charger with a longer cord which will most likely be my next move.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You an always order this part - which is what I use and it works fine.

Website says its on back order. I paid a little more and ordered from here

I got it in about a week. Call them to see if they have it in stock

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed a simple shelf into the garage pegboard, and use a hose holder for the cord and plug. Much better than lying on our workbench holding sharp tools, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used the pipe strap idea. I used a 1” strap below the controller and a 3/4” strap above, as one cord is bigger than the other.

Instead of mounting the controller to the wall directly I mounted it to a separate board with machine screws and tee-nuts. That way I can remove and reinstall it as often as desired without wearing out the screw holes. I don’t expect to remove the controller, since we will very rarely drive this car out of town, but just in case we do I am all set 😉

872DB768-992B-4336-99C3-38E288F3915A.jpeg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, and thanks to Fasttoys for the tip!

It really is plumb, too. The photo makes it look twisted, and even the cover plate on the outlet does not look square.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You an always order this part - which is what I use and it works fine.

Website says its on back order. I paid a little more and ordered from here

I got it in about a week. Call them to see if they have it in stock
Thanks! This was a better deal than Audi USA Parts, since there was no shipping charge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts