Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'd welcome feedback on the following issues I've had ad on onging ones.

1. Charging light went blue after CCS rapid charge and then wouldn't charge until switched off for 10+ hrs
2. Charging flap wouldn't close, eventually complete unit replaced.
3. Central locking randomly unlocks vehicle
4. Multiple error messages, in quick succession on numerous occasions, only reset after switch off for 60mins +
5. Panoramic sun roof leaking, water ingress on both passenger and drivers side, Audi investigated and no fault found only to leak again overnight and worse than original

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also have water leaking into the passenger footwell. Car is with dealer right now. Will keep you updated on what they find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also have water leaking into the passenger footwell. Car is with dealer right now. Will keep you updated on what they find.
Hi Chris

I finally got my car back today, it was with the dealership for 3 weeks. The sun roof and all its mechanisms were completely replaced as was the headlining and roof pillar covers. It also looks like the windscreen was replaced too.

They did say that the drain lines from the sunroof looked like they were undersized for the volume of water that can get through the water seal into the drainage lines around the sunroof.

I'll update you when we've had a good downpour as to whether the repair has worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Chris

I finally got my car back today, it was with the dealership for 3 weeks. The sun roof and all its mechanisms were completely replaced as was the headlining and roof pillar covers. It also looks like the windscreen was replaced too.

They did say that the drain lines from the sunroof looked like they were undersized for the volume of water that can get through the water seal into the drainage lines around the sunroof.

I'll update you when we've had a good downpour as to whether the repair has worked.
Hi,

My car is still at the dealership and has been for the last two weeks. Will most likely remain there for the foreseeable future because of COVID-19.

In addition to the water leakage, I had problems with the rear tail lights, plate lights, automatic parking brake and 360 cameras.

The dealership told me the following:

1) Rear taillight and plate light will be replaced with a new part. Problem is it is manufactured in Wuhan and there is no delivery date.

2) Parking brake is being fixed with a new wire kit (got a warning message when pushing the Park button on the gear lever when the driver's door was open)

3) The water in the passenger footwell has leaked in through the attachment of the wind deflector which was apparently broken. It has then gone through the a-pillar and into the passenger footwell. A replacement part is ordered. (But honestly I am inclined to believe what your dealership told you as more accurate.)

4) The 360 camera computer is located under the passenger seat and might have been damaged. This will be further investigated when the whole carpet is removed.

5) As water leakage might have damaged the carpet (mould etc.) the dealership will replace the whole carpet as well (goowill they said). Carpet is also made in Wuhan and back ordered.

As I had only driven the car for five days before going to the dealership with a leaking sunroof and non-functiong tail light I have asked Audi if it is possible to return the car. So far I have gotten no reply but the dealership here in Stockholm, Sweden has been really friendly and helpful. I also think the dealership where I bought the car in Helsingborg, southern Sweden has been cordial and answered all my e-mails promptly. Still no definite answer on returning the car though.

Honestly I still miss my car as I think it is the most comfortable car I have ever driven - and I have had a lot of cars over the years... The E-tron is just a magic ride in terms of comfort.

Will keep you updated on the progress.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Finally got my car back about three weeks ago after more than six weeks with the dealer. I first had an A3 and then a brand new A4 courtesy car. The long turnaround time depends on the backordered taillights is manufactured in Wuhan, China. After writing several e-mails to the dealer and letting them know I was discussing with my lawyer on what to do (but without having him interfer) they managed to get the tail lights from an another vehicle. Dealer has been ok throughout the lengthy process (Audi Helsingborg Sweden) and always answered phone calls and e-mails. Workshop mgr at Audi Helsingborg is a skilled guy who knows what he is doing. Without him this would have been a total disaster with lawyers involved.

I would highly discourage anyone from letting Audi Hammarby Sjöstad in Stockholm Sweden tend to their car. The customer service representatives are really nice and polite, but I am not sure the technicians really enjoy going to work... They placed a wet towel in the passenger seat which very nearly destroyed the leather. It took me several hours of work to clean out the water spots left on the seat. When I came to collect the car they had lost the front floor mats and it took them almost one week to find them again. Finally, in a phone call the workshop mgr told me they would "drill a hole" in the sunroof frame to evacuate water. Then I contacted the workshop mgr in the south of Sweden and he helped me sort this out - eventually there was no hole drilled in the sunroof frame ;-)

Overall, Audi dealers are "ok:ish" but absolutely not up to par with e.g. Volvo or Mercedes. Best in class is still Lexus (had two GS450h in the past).

This is what has been repaired/replaced on my e-tron:

1) Taillight has been replaced because of the flicker. This is a know issue. Part is made in Wuhan, China.

2) Wires for the parking brake attached to the doors have been replaced. Caused a warning message of malfunctioning parking brake.

3) Rear parking camera blacked out occasionally. Camera was replaced and now it works.

4) The problem with the leaking sunroof has been sorted out. This was the most serious problem I had. It turned out there are two frames, one "inner" and one "outer" for the sunroof. When both were replaced there was no leakage. The workshop mgr at Audi Helsingborg helped crack this nut. Without him it would still have been leaking. He told me when these things happen "we keep changing parts until the leakage is gone - no inventing and/or drilling holes". The carpet in the car was ok after all there was no need to replace it - no smell what-so-ever.

5) I also know that dealer had replaced the electronic charging door (before I got the car) since there was water leakage there as well.

Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed...

Best
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I'd welcome feedback on the following issues I've had ad on onging ones.

1. Charging light went blue after CCS rapid charge and then wouldn't charge until switched off for 10+ hrs
2. Charging flap wouldn't close, eventually complete unit replaced.
3. Central locking randomly unlocks vehicle
4. Multiple error messages, in quick succession on numerous occasions, only reset after switch off for 60mins +
5. Panoramic sun roof leaking, water ingress on both passenger and drivers side, Audi investigated and no fault found only to leak again overnight and worse than original
Hi,

Just joined this forum today.

I noticed a water leak on my '69 plate Etron yesterday and it's both sides of the car and around the centre console above the rear view mirror. Rang Audi yesterday and they've quoted 03/08/20 before they can look at it and I would imagine it won't be a good look inside the car by then as it was again damp in the car this morning.

Any other thoughts you have on this or your dealings with Audi would be great.

I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had same problem Chistoff1103. My car was parked with the nose pointing slightly on a downgrade. Water was pooling up towards front of sunroof seal..very disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts