Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My etron was delivered today, has anyone had issues with the app. I can't make myself the key user, keeps coming up connection error.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
182 Posts
It's a pile of shite. Even worse than the BMW one and that's saying something.

use a computer and web browser to do the bulk of the setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue today making myself the Key User in a 2021 SUV that I took delivery of this weekend. I got logged into the myAudi app and I had green check marks on both the “Audi added successfully” and “Identity confirmed”. I can’t figure out why the car wouldn’t connect when the Key User code was added.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Here in the US Audi just did an app software upgrade. You might try logging out of the app and back in again. You may need to change the password. I had a lot of problems with the app and Key User setup when I first got my etron last year. The Log out and Log in worked for me (recommended by the dealer). I don't recall if I changed the password.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted Audi digital services who says it's not connected as the dealer hasn't passed the information you them, dealer says they have.
I'll give it a few days incase it takes time to replicate through their systems.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried logging out of the app and logging out of the user in the car, then re-logging into both and trying the code. Nothing worked. Kept getting the error below. I haven’t contacted Audi digital services yet due to the holiday week here, but will try next week.

I appreciate the tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent some time yesterday on the phone to digital services, they've raised a ticket and asked me to send them some information, awaiting a response.
Going slightly off topic, what is the purpose of the wifi and do i need to connect to it. When i do connect to it i get a pop up on my phone advising no internet access. I'm assuming it's because i haven't subscribed to some data plan.
Other online features seem to work, i.e. Google maps, news, online weather etc. Is that packaged up into a different subscription?

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
I’ve been having issues too, first I kept getting a message in the app telling me my
Vehicle wasn’t linked for infotainment services, however I tried to link it, it wouldn’t work. I spent some time on the phone to Audi yesterday and today and they asked me to log out of everything and now I can’t get my profile set as the key user, today they told me there is a server issue and it’ll be back online by Monday. Now I can’t remotely monitor or view charge status or anything until I can set myself as the key user again. For a vehicle that cost almost 70k the app seems unbelievably shoddy

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Dangrenade:

At least here in the US, there are 3 tiers. The Basic plan everyone get for free. It includes emergency SOS calls and I think Navigation. The next tier is Connect Prime. It gives you traffic light alerts, google maps, weather (the things you mention) and a few other things. The third tier is Prime Plus. It turns your car into a wifi hotspot. In the US you also get free access to all the playlists and albums on Amazon Music Unlimited--available via the touchscreen and you get access to Amazon Alexa (which I use to stream music from Tidal and Spotify). Info should be on the Audi web site. For 2019 e trons, AT&T provides the services, for 2021, Verizon. I have Verizon phone service. Since I am either at home (using Comcast wifi) or in the car, I cut my Verizon phone data plan to the minimum and picked up the unlimited data AT&T Audi plan. I find I use almost no data on my phone plan, since I'm mostly at home or in the car. The cost was not that much more expensive than the old larger phone plan used to cost me.

If your car is new, in the US you get six months free of BOTH Prime and Prime Plus.

Until I got the 91X firmware upgrade when I connected to the car wifi hotspot I often got "connected without internet access". Repeated attempts turning the wifi on my phone on and off usually got me connected (the AT&T "5G' title). That message means your phone has connected to the car's wifi router, but the router has not gotten a good connection with its modem to the internet. After the 91X, the car connects reliably.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes, the dealer did the upgrade. Depending on when you got your car (I got mine in Dec 2019) you may or may not have already had it. It is the 91X4 MMI software update.

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
I've had same issues too. Kind of worked when I first set it up but I got an error message on the App (saying it wasn't connected) when it clear was. I also couldn't connect via Apple Watch even though the app on my iPhone sort of worked.

I deleted myself off as the key user and tried to re-add myself but I just get a connection error message. Wish I hadn't bothered as it did sort of work before. Now I've got nothing ☹

I have raised a call with Audi who used a cool website to access camera on my phone and lowed me to show them. No feedback yet after 5 days .....The agent did say they have had a lot of calls about this. I'll update if it gets resolved. V annoying!!

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
I've had same issues too. Kind of worked when I first set it up but I got an error message on the App (saying it wasn't connected) when it clear was. I also couldn't connect via Apple Watch even though the app on my iPhone sort of worked.

I deleted myself off as the key user and tried to re-add myself but I just get a connection error message. Wish I hadn't bothered as it did sort of work before. Now I've got nothing ☹

I have raised a call with Audi who used a cool website to access camera on my phone and lowed me to show them. No feedback yet after 5 days .....The agent did say they have had a lot of calls about this. I'll update if it gets resolved. V annoying!!
Im finding the whole app experience really woeful and frustrating! Had exactly the same experience as you and now can’t set myself as a key user due to this connection issue. Yesterday I had a call to say they are moving it to a different solution/infrastructure to make it more robust and hope to have done so within a week or so, so fingers crossed. At the moment it’s just working for me which makes monitoring charging impossible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still can't set myself as key user. Sometimes it tries to connect then the mum takes me back to entrance screen but my username is greyed out. Then I get stuck in a loop where it won't accept any profile. No joy chasing up digital services, so no remote charge etc for me. Which is a nuisance.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It is being widely reported on various Forums that there is a major interruption of Audi Cloud services that is preventing anyone from registering as a Key User.

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
It worked this morning for me and I was able to add myself as the key user. Normal service resumed for now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It worked this morning for me and I was able to add myself as the key user. Normal service resumed for now!
<rushing outside to try>...

YES!

And the apple watch is fixed too. Many thanks for posting!

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 50 sport
33 Posts
<rushing outside to try>...

YES!

And the apple watch is fixed too. Many thanks for posting!
All working for me now, but I still get a message about linking vehicle for infotainment system, don’t think I’ll ever get rid of that :(
Anybody aware of where you enter your electricity supplier cost per kw? I’m sure I did it somewhere on the app previously, but I can’t figure out where now I’ve got it working?

·
Registered
17 Posts
@baxman I'm not sure it does that. Are.you thinking of the PodPoint app?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts