Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the my.Audi app to work at all with the Q4? Both the dealer and Audi digital seem clueless and just ask to reset/log off/re-install - all of which do nothing be give you more frustration

if anyone has any tips that would be appreciated

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
153 Posts
So what hope is there of Audi reach this functionality?

·
Registered
165 Posts
So what hope is there of Audi reach this functionality?

Fundamentally that is the same as Audi’s Functions on Demand features which have been available in the ‘big’ e-tron for some time. Time will tell if the implementation and execution is better in BMW vehicles.

I doubt FoD will be enabled for existing Q4 vehicles. I think it is more likely to be offered in a mid-life refresh.

The regular recurring revenue model offered by feature subscriptions is likely to spread across the whole of the automotive industry.

·
Registered
85 Posts
if anyone has any tips that would be appreciated
Mine was impossible to set-up on my home drive, but when I went to pick my son up from school, I tried again and ta-dah - it worked! Have no idea why other than perhaps the data provider Audi uses is flakey in the UK. Still have some issues from time-to-time, but I'm a Key User and for me that was the only important part of the app.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was impossible to set-up on my home drive, but when I went to pick my son up from school, I tried again and ta-dah - it worked! Have no idea why other than perhaps the data provider Audi uses is flakey in the UK. Still have some issues from time-to-time, but I'm a Key User and for me that was the only important part of the app.
Thanks - my car just won’t recognise that I’m the key user (even though the app does)… I’m waiting for a reply from Audi Digital

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks - my car just won’t recognise that I’m the key user (even though the app does)… I’m waiting for a reply from Audi Digital
Good luck with that. The system doesn’t work. We’re all still waiting for this software update that will probably never come. I’ve been through everyone at Audi now and they refuse to acknowledge the issue properly or give any estimate of a fix.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I've had my Q4 SUV for just over a month now and want to give a little hope to those waiting on the app and car software.
First of all, my car appears to have arrived with the 'new' version of the software and many of the problems mentioned over the last year like aggressive lane control and 'Please take control of the vehicle' have only occasionally been activated. As I live in a village and regularly travel B roads, I think I'd know have noticed if these two were still an issue ;)
On the app, the key user connection was a pain - perhaps because of the Audi servers or perhaps because of the network provider they've decided to partner with. It all finally clicked away from home and at a random place where I decided to try and it worked! Since then I've had no issues.
Finally the app, it's OK and the most useful thing to date, given the weather, has been switching on the aircon!

It is a brilliant car and I promise if you are waiting, it is worth it!

·
Registered
571 Posts
So I've had my Q4 SUV for just over a month now and want to give a little hope to those waiting on the app and car software.
First of all, my car appears to have arrived with the 'new' version of the software and many of the problems mentioned over the last year like aggressive lane control and 'Please take control of the vehicle' have only occasionally been activated. As I live in a village and regularly travel B roads, I think I'd know have noticed if these two were still an issue ;)
On the app, the key user connection was a pain - perhaps because of the Audi servers or perhaps because of the network provider they've decided to partner with. It all finally clicked away from home and at a random place where I decided to try and it worked! Since then I've had no issues.
Finally the app, it's OK and the most useful thing to date, given the weather, has been switching on the aircon!

It is a brilliant car and I promise if you are waiting, it is worth it!

Which software version do you have?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Will be good to know what version of software you have on the MMI. We are being told earlier cars aren’t compatible with the latest version, so can’t be updated at present. Complaints have been sent to Audi U.K. by members on this forum, but so far no information! Where I have heard that before?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all
attached image with my software versions. Have no idea if these are the latest versions???
You should also check, if in the UK, you actually get the dealer to extend the demo versions of the Audi Connect to the full three years. I checked mine today to find it would expire in March 2023.
Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car Font Automotive design

·
Registered
153 Posts
That’s the latest version that I can’t get, says Audi U.K.

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
99 Posts
Hi all
attached image with my software versions. Have no idea if these are the latest versions???
You should also check, if in the UK, you actually get the dealer to extend the demo versions of the Audi Connect to the full three years. I checked mine today to find it would expire in March 2023.
View attachment 5935
Quick question which may have already been answered but with your software version "3669" did they get rid of the privacy screen pop-up on every start up of the car?

My software version is "3608" and even though I am a key user, everytime I start the car the guest user privacy notice will pop-up, very irritating but hoping they at least got rid of that for you....

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
99 Posts
No privacy notice, just a ‘Welcome…’ - very nice ;)
Very jealous and also very disappointed that Audi still can't issue even a small update to the cars on the old version... its a complete joke

Also sounds like even with the new version, you don't get even basic things like locking the car or locating it or even the mileage... got all that on my 2019 Q5... just ridiculous

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very jealous and also very disappointed that Audi still can't issue even a small update to the cars on the old version... its a complete joke

Also sounds like even with the new version, you don't get even basic things like locking the car or locating it or even the mileage... got all that on my 2019 Q5... just ridiculous
The App does have mileage and location of the car/charging points - not sure about unlocking the car as I did not order the convenience pack?

As to if it can update over the air, don't know :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I have exactly the same version of software and MMI - but have no app functionality and I get the privacy message every time I get in the car… apparently Audi Digital are looking into it with the upmost priority :)

·
Registered
Canceled Q4 50 SB - A4 Avant B9
90 Posts
very interesting and sad.... Software delays We had delays on car productions, now we do on software development. I don't know how Audi is not ashamed with launching/annoucing new models as they are unable to deliver (with a non beta version of the software) the existing ones

1 - 20 of 215 Posts