Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. Still exploring this fun car but I'm finding some functions in the app and on the car are disabled. In the app, the valet alert, speed alert and geofence alert are all greyed out. In the car itself, news and weather won't work because they say the subscription isn't activated. Of course I can't get Audi on the phone. Do I have to buy this stuff?
IMG_2733.PNG

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
In the US, at least when I got my 2019, you get six months free access to all the Audi Connect Services. You can check online as to what is available at each level. After that, the basic service is free, but the Prime and Prime Plus are by subscription. 2021 models use Verizon as its data/wifi provider.

If you are successfully on your MyAudi App for the car and have your Key User set up, you should be able to go to the little "man" icon at the lower right, tap it, and scroll to Services. It's been awhile for me, but you may need to select "Audi Connect Plan" and create an account. Activating the wifi and access to Amazon Music and other streaming features (weather, etc) is done on the "Vehicle Connections" link located above the Audi Connect Plan link.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Activating the wifi and access to Amazon Music and other streaming features (weather, etc) is done on the "Vehicle Connections" link located above the Audi Connect Plan link.
I don't have a services option... I have subscriptions but there's nothing actionable there. Just says Connect Care is active and then there's a link to a public landing page where they tell you about other services.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hmm, So, after you tapped the little man icon, it took you to a page with your name at the top. Did you scroll down to view all the links on that page? I am using the latest Android version 4.0. My screen shows my name, then below that Settings, Agreements, Services, Links.

You will need to check with your Dealer as to whether you got free trial subscriptions. The CARE plan is the most basic, that is free to all owners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, everyone. Still exploring this fun car but I'm finding some functions in the app and on the car are disabled. In the app, the valet alert, speed alert and geofence alert are all greyed out. In the car itself, news and weather won't work because they say the subscription isn't activated. Of course I can't get Audi on the phone. Do I have to buy this stuff?
View attachment 1735
I just bought an etron and have the same issue. Valet alert, speed, and geofencing are grayed out and not available. I can't even log in to the car MMI. Any tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I just bought an etron and have the same issue. Valet alert, speed, and geofencing are grayed out and not available. I can't even log in to the car MMI. Any tips? Thanks.
You might want to call the Audi Connect service desk regarding your log in and subscriptions issues: 877-505-2834

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I eventually got everything to work -- the valet, speed, geofencing, news, weather, etc required that I sign up for a six month trial of the double special secret audi connect platform or whatever the **** it's called.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
168 Posts
I get the frustration, but Audi Connect has been pretty readily accessible for years here. Nothing secret about it, but some of the processes are a bit convoluted, and some of the explanations a bit obtuse.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I get the frustration, but Audi Connect has been pretty readily accessible for years here. Nothing secret about it, but some of the processes are a bit convoluted, and some of the explanations a bit obtuse.
I absolutely agree here. The whole sign up mess is very user unfriendly and the Dealers seem to purposely stay ignorant about it. My Connect Agreement, My Audi Sign in, My Key User, Connect subscriptions.....it goes on and on and none of them play well together! And on top of that you are trying to execute this when the chances are that the Audi Cloud is down!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I absolutely agree here. The whole sign up mess is very user unfriendly and the Dealers seem to purposely stay ignorant about it. My Connect Agreement, My Audi Sign in, My Key User, Connect subscriptions.....it goes on and on and none of them play well together! And on top of that you are trying to execute this when the chances are that the Audi Cloud is down!
100%. The workflow makes no sense. It also took forever to register with Audi Financial Services. The website has been undergoing renovations and just relaunched it seems.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
168 Posts
Completely agreed. Coincidentally, I was just at the Audi Connect site checking on my old subscription for the RS7. The "convolution" is significant. I took the survey and provided very detailed comments. In addition to the extreme slowness of the site, the lack of an integrated wholeness is very anti-user. Audi has to want the software experience to be as good as the hardware. Otherwise it won’t happen. I know people think those surveys don’t matter, but speaking as someone who once reviewed the data, they do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts