Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Those should look good, be sure to post some pics. Are they the same size? I'd also be curious as to the weight difference between them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are 20" with 21" all the costs increase too much and the range deacrease of 20 - 30 km per full recharge.
best wheel are 19" but for this car are really too small
i think 20 is a good compromise

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
I like the wheels.

Are the ones you posted genuine Audi? I think the Audi Sport 21s that look the same design as that are not as aerodynamic as the Etron specific ones. And will effect range regardless because of the design, correct me if I am wrong.

These are the various wheels available on the Etron (Non Sportback)

20" x 9.0J '5-arm' design alloy wheels Up to 249 miles

20” x 9.0J ‘5-arm dynamic’ design, contrasting grey alloy wheels. Up to 252 miles

21" x 9.5J '5-arm turbine' contrasting grey design alloy wheels. Up to 234 miles

21" x 9.5J '10-spoke rotor' gloss Anthracite black Audi Sport alloy wheels. Up to 235 mile

22" x 9.5J '5-spoke structured' matt titanium finish Audi Sport alloy wheels. Up to 234 miles

Interesting that the 22s get the same range as the 21s, must be down to design.

The 22s look amazing!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Speaking of wheels, I am after a set of the 5-spoke 20" wheels (standard design, not the dynamic design)... I looked on eBay and other places, but man they are expensive because of shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s nice. Mine is gray with chrome surround, the same with the others on the lot. I was going to do the chrome delete yesterday but the shop said he couldn’t wrap the grill. It looks like I may need to have it painted.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
I honestly would not bother getting it painted it will never look perfect. Also a lot of work because it’s plastic. Grills are hard and time consuming, especially the Etron as there are so many slats etc.
just bite the bullet and grab a black one from Audi.Super easy to fit. You will also get some money back on eBay or this forum maybe for the original. The black grill does look tops! The whole black edition look is great IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good idea, I didn’t think about that route. The plan was the have it wrapped in a matte/satin gray with the chrome blacked out. That’s when he said he couldn’t wrap the grill because of the vents.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Good idea, I didn’t think about that route. The plan was the have it wrapped in a matte/satin gray with the chrome blacked out. That’s when he said he couldn’t wrap the grill because of the vents.

Yeah just get a black edition grill and the job is done, It will look great and you can already see the result on a car online so no disappointment and factory fitted finish. I always try and stay as OME as possible when it come to after market..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the wheels.

Are the ones you posted genuine Audi? I think the Audi Sport 21s that look the same design as that are not as aerodynamic as the Etron specific ones. And will effect range regardless because of the design, correct me if I am wrong.

These are the various wheels available on the Etron (Non Sportback)

20" x 9.0J '5-arm' design alloy wheels Up to 249 miles

20” x 9.0J ‘5-arm dynamic’ design, contrasting grey alloy wheels. Up to 252 miles

21" x 9.5J '5-arm turbine' contrasting grey design alloy wheels. Up to 234 miles

21" x 9.5J '10-spoke rotor' gloss Anthracite black Audi Sport alloy wheels. Up to 235 mile

22" x 9.5J '5-spoke structured' matt titanium finish Audi Sport alloy wheels. Up to 234 miles

Interesting that the 22s get the same range as the 21s, must be down to design.

The 22s look amazing!
Wow that is a very useful summary of range vs wheel size. Thank you.
You like the 22"? We have specced it on ours but I am not sure.... I vacillated so much about the choice of wheels! I always feel that the appearances of the car are a bit vague on the manufacturer online configurators. Always nice to see a photo of a real world example to judge it. First world problems o_O😂

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Glacier white is a lovely shade of slightly off white.
I love the new 22’s. I feel the rest of the wheels are just not “electric enough” for me. I like the fact that electric car wheels are a bit more futuristic and a bit left field. Less ICE car like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts