Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now had my e-tron for 2wks, and just passed the 1,000 mile mark, so i thought i would share some quick feedback on the experience so far.

Charging has proved simple, using the Podpoint at home for nearly all charging. I am getting 160 miles from a full charge, and driving at about 2.3-2.4 miles per kwh on average. I have noticed that it drops at weekends when im not commuting to work, but on occasions ive had my daily commute average a decent 2.8 miles per kwh. Ive tested it on a 150kw fast charger too and that worked fine.

I am now used to the virtual mirrors and really enjoying the novelty of them. I have even worked out how to reverse park with them! They really do draw attention, and give the car a very futuristic feel.

Performance wise i have been very pleased with the car, and the car has proved to be just as smooth, quick and quiet as i hoped. The MMI is brilliant, and wireless apple car play makes streaming music to the main screen, whilst using the virtual cockpit for the navigation, really easy.

My only three grumbles are, (1) i thought that the fancy rear light animations were a standard feature, not something that only came with upgraded lights, (2) Audi are still struggling to get "functions on demand" to work on my car so i can try the 'over the air' upgrades, and (3) i cant fathom for the life of me how to get the Alexa function working on the MMI!

Although it did take an age to come, i am still really pleased with my first EV 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've now had my e-tron for 2wks, and just passed the 1,000 mile mark, so i thought i would share some quick feedback on the experience so far.

Charging has proved simple, using the Podpoint at home for nearly all charging. I am getting 160 miles from a full charge, and driving at about 2.3-2.4 miles per kwh on average. I have noticed that it drops at weekends when im not commuting to work, but on occasions ive had my daily commute average a decent 2.8 miles per kwh. Ive tested it on a 150kw fast charger too and that worked fine.

I am now used to the virtual mirrors and really enjoying the novelty of them. I have even worked out how to reverse park with them! They really do draw attention, and give the car a very futuristic feel.

Performance wise i have been very pleased with the car, and the car has proved to be just as smooth, quick and quiet as i hoped. The MMI is brilliant, and wireless apple car play makes streaming music to the main screen, whilst using the virtual cockpit for the navigation, really easy.

My only three grumbles are, (1) i thought that the fancy rear light animations were a standard feature, not something that only came with upgraded lights, (2) Audi are still struggling to get "functions on demand" to work on my car so i can try the 'over the air' upgrades, and (3) i cant fathom for the life of me how to get the Alexa function working on the MMI!

Although it did take an age to come, i am still really pleased with my first EV 👍

View attachment 1146
Great to hear I am near my first 500 miles in the first four weeks we purchased the Sportback 55 with similar numbers to you.
Frustrations were having to be Sherlock Holmes with the finer details of the Podpoint which eventually we understand, the Etron card and the £150 credit, numerous charging points and umpteen Apps.Unfortunately with Covid a lot of customer service including Audi dealership just seems to of been forgotten or removed or you are just left to sink or swim.Great build quality and certain elements of the handbook detail seems to of been missed off or forgotten.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

View attachment 1146

Glad your experience is going well! In the US, to get to Alexa, I first had to sign into my Amazon account in the MyAudi app under little man icon>vehicle connections. Then after going into the Connections section on the MMI I completed that set up. Then, as I vaguely recall, it asked about the Alexa setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts