Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I skipped an era there and am jumping from two 5-speed cars that I loved to a 1-speed automatic EV that I also love! I also think I had some emissions karma to pay after those other guys, eh?

GREAT FORUM HERE. I've already found a ton of great info and many questions answered. I went with the Premium SUV in Manhattan Grey - pretty much the only color that wasn't black left in the New York burbs!

Thanks for all of your help - I hope to help in any way that I can!

Dave

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congratulations on your E Tron. Your situation is a little like mine, but more extreme. My previous car was a 2007 MY. I found myself spending a LOT more time learning about all the Safety and Assist features than I did about operating an EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well TBH my wife does have a 2016 Volvo xc90 that I do drive on occasion. It rides like a sled - hard as nails, every bump in the road goes right up your spine - but I did learn to love Adaptive Cruise Control on it. TBH that single feature is what led me away from Mercedes and BMW (it's available but still in 2021 very hard to find unless you special order) and made me jump to the E Tron. The adaptive cruise control on the E Tron is just so silky smooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at buying an off lease 2018 GLC 300 or X3 at first. My main requirements were QUIET, smooth ride, fun to drive, has Apple CarPlay. I knew I wanted ACC (adaptive cruise control) but didn't think it was a requirement. But the more I test drove the more I realized I didn't want a car without it. There is a lot of traffic where I live and it makes driving SO much easier. So I tried the E-Tron on a whim in early April b/c the deals were so good on them. I was pretty instantly sold. 99.9% of my driving fits well within the range and, well, it certainly is **** quiet, fun to drive and incredibly smooth. So far I actually think the MMI is good enough that I don't even use CarPlay all that much too. At the end of the day the quality of the car and driving experience, paired with the great deal and the gas savings made it an easy choice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep, I skipped an era there and am jumping from two 5-speed cars that I loved to a 1-speed automatic EV that I also love! I also think I had some emissions karma to pay after those other guys, eh?

GREAT FORUM HERE. I've already found a ton of great info and many questions answered. I went with the Premium SUV in Manhattan Grey - pretty much the only color that wasn't black left in the New York burbs!

Thanks for all of your help - I hope to help in any way that I can!

Dave
Welcome to the fourm @Repeater! Was the e-tron the only EV you looked at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts