Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is through work via a lease company (Zenith) and I was told that "build priorities are slightly different between the retail and leasing arms of Audi's business so there is potential for the order to be pushed back slightly." Regarding the concierge I was also told this is just for retail customers. As a result I am totally reliant on updates from the the lease company and they don't deal in build week but essentially have told me the following "our vehicle is due at the dealership mid April to be delivered out to you around late April"

I hope this helps some people who have orders though lease companies as I wasn't aware of such a difference between lease and retail customers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks @ciaran85 although I am most surprised that you have been told that as mine is a lease order via work and Audi concierge have been nothing but really helpful and informative to me.

I did manage to get the Audi order number from the Audi dealer though so perhaps that made a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I must be somewhere in the middle. I ordered through a lease company via my work. But I haven't dealt with them since the order was placed, I deal directly with the dealership. However, I have no interaction with Audi concierge - I didn't know that was an option. Is it an email across to [email protected] to get set up with them?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I must be somewhere in the middle. I ordered through a lease company via my work. But I haven't dealt with them since the order was placed, I deal directly with the dealership. However, I have no interaction with Audi concierge - I didn't know that was an option. Is it an email across to [email protected] to get set up with them?
Do you have an order number from your Audi dealer?

Audi concierge is a WhatsApp service - the number is 0800 049 7101 so add that to your phone and send them a whatsapp just asking what your build week is - be polite and give them the order number. They may initially ask your name and details of the order - ie model trim, who ordered through but ever since then they know who I am when I message and dont mind dealing with me at all.

Reactions: uhhu_

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks @ciaran85 although I am most surprised that you have been told that as mine is a lease order via work and Audi concierge have been nothing but really helpful and informative to me.

I did manage to get the Audi order number from the Audi dealer though so perhaps that made a difference.
That's where I ran into issues in that the order number I had from the lease company wasn't 8 digit order number that Audi Concierge needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's where I ran into issues in that the order number I had from the lease company wasn't 8 digit order number that Audi Concierge needed.
I don't have an 8 digit order number either. I just have my Lease order ID which is 7 digits. That said, I've pinged off an email to the dealership asking for the Audi order number.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't have an 8 digit order number either. I just have my Lease order ID which is 7 digits. That said, I've pinged off an email to the dealership asking for the Audi order number.

DO what uhhu has done - I pinged an email to the dealer and they kindly advised me of it.

Reactions: ciaran85

·
Registered
22 Posts
DO what uhhu has done - I pinged an email to the dealer and they kindly advised me of it.
I wish I hadn't bothered. I'm now build week 12. However, I do now have the Audi order number and have sent a WhatsApp message over to the concierge team.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish I hadn't bothered. I'm now build week 12. However, I do now have the Audi order number and have sent a WhatsApp message over to the concierge team.
Dont worry - it will change again LOL.

I have gone forward a week this week, to week 11, having been pushed back to week 12 last week from week 8 LOL.

I was told today though: "as the build week is fast approaching, please do continue to check in with us as we should have progress in the coming weeks".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dont worry - it will change again LOL.

I have gone forward a week this week, to week 11, having been pushed back to week 12 last week from week 8 LOL.

I was told today though: "as the build week is fast approaching, please do continue to check in with us as we should have progress in the coming weeks".
Likewise, I was originally week 8, then week 9, then week 12. However, Audi Concierge has made me aware that it was week 13 before it was brought forward to week 12.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Likewise, I was originally week 8, then week 9, then week 12. However, Audi Concierge has made me aware that it was week 13 before it was brought forward to week 12.
sounds like you are matching me week for week with the movements and are a week behind.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update !!

So I manged to get my order number and speak with Audi concierge. I wish I hadn't now !!! :) So I ordered on the 2nd of Nov 2020 and I was told by Audi concierge my unconfirmed build date of week 22 which would be 31st of May. Based on previous posts I'm expecting time of build of car to delivery to me to be 6 weeks so lets say I'll get delivery in mid July.

@Bhuna50 & uhhu when were your orders placed? Would be good to know if you are seeing the same lead times as myself?

I've thought about cancelling the order and in chatting with my lease company I was told there are no e-tron stock vehicles in the UK.

I'm not sure I can wait until July for a car I order in November but I need to sleep on that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Update !!

So I manged to get my order number and speak with Audi concierge. I wish I hadn't now !!! :) So I ordered on the 2nd of Nov 2020 and I was told by Audi concierge my unconfirmed build date of week 22 which would be 31st of May. Based on previous posts I'm expecting time of build of car to delivery to me to be 6 weeks so lets say I'll get delivery in mid July.

@Bhuna50 & uhhu when were your orders placed? Would be good to know if you are seeing the same lead times as myself?

I've thought about cancelling the order and in chatting with my lease company I was told there are no e-tron stock vehicles in the UK.

I'm not sure I can wait until July for a car I order in November but I need to sleep on that.
I ordered first week October and was originally told mid January delivery. I still do not have a confirmed build week and have been provisionally quoted week 11 - which is 15 March (I have so far gone from provisional December build week, to an April build week, to February, then to 22 March and now 15 March).

IF it gets built 15 March week and then takes 4 weeks to get here, it will be mid April - so coming up for 6 1/2 months from order.

Like you, I have been sleeping on the decision on whether to cancel or not...for the last two weeks LOL - but Ive decided, if I dont have a confirmed build week by last week in February I will cancel then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered first week October and was originally told mid January delivery. I still do not have a confirmed build week and have been provisionally quoted week 11 - which is 15 March (I have so far gone from provisional December build week, to an April build week, to February, then to 22 March and now 15 March).

IF it gets built 15 March week and then takes 4 weeks to get here, it will be mid April - so coming up for 6 1/2 months from order.

Like you, I have been sleeping on the decision on whether to cancel or not...for the last two weeks LOL - but Ive decided, if I dont have a confirmed build week by last week in February I will cancel then.
so our timings are similar but it seems mine is getting slightly more delayed. On whether to cancel or not I'm very much torn. The reality is I really like the idea of e-tron (range aside) the deal i'm getting through work is very very good and not one I would get if I bought an e-tron directly. I'm likely going to keep the order but annoy my lease company enough that they continue to push on my behalf with the hope I can get the car in June.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update !!

I placed my order mid-November. No idea why I am so far ahead in the queue than you.
Speaking with the dealer, she was saying that every e-tron order she has in the system is moving forward and back, like mine and @Bhuna50.
I'm slightly more fortunate, in that, I don't need the car right now, and whilst there is an ongoing pandemic, I am not paying for a car I cannot use.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Apparently still week 11 (15 March) but was told to ask again at the end of this week as might have more news - never been told that before so hopefully its looking like it might turn to confirmed as its only 4 weeks away...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apparently still week 11 (15 March) but was told to ask again at the end of this week as might have more news - never been told that before so hopefully its looking like it might turn to confirmed as its only 4 weeks away...
Fingers crossed 🤞 I’ve put a fair bit of pressure on my lease company so I’m waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can only assume that the changing dates are due to the grouping of specifications with other similar vehicles, what else could it possibly be?. I was originally told (in December) that my build week was unconfirmed as week 5. This then became confirmed as week 5 then finally actually built in week 5. It is now showing as 'in transit to port'.

One interesting thing I did find out along the way though was how long assembly actually takes. I had imagined that it would take about a week but it turns out that from line start to drive-out is 17-19 hours depending on exact specification details.

Incredible!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I can only assume that the changing dates are due to the grouping of specifications with other similar vehicles, what else could it possibly be?. I was originally told (in December) that my build week was unconfirmed as week 5. This then became confirmed as week 5 then finally actually built in week 5. It is now showing as 'in transit to port'.

One interesting thing I did find out along the way though was how long assembly actually takes. I had imagined that it would take about a week but it turns out that from line start to drive-out is 17-19 hours depending on exact specification details.

Incredible!
The build process is really impressive.... If you search for it on YouTube there are professional videos showing how the e-tron flows through their factory and how the electric motors and other bits are wound and installed etc. (inc the battery floor.) It makes an interesting watch 👍

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you had any more updates yet to your date - confirmed or otherwise? Mine is still the same.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts