Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I sent a WhatsApp message to concierge on Friday and was given the same date: week 12 2021.
Confirmed or still provisional?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The whole build timing process seems to be impossible to understand with many inconsistencies between what posters on here have been told. It doesn't really seem to matter when the order was placed.

My car is now in Emden Port awaiting shipping (a little over a week from build). No anticipated date to dealer though. I am guessing about a month from build to delivery but I don't really have any idea.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The whole build timing process seems to be impossible to understand with many inconsistencies between what posters on here have been told. It doesn't really seem to matter when the order was placed.

My car is now in Emden Port awaiting shipping (a little over a week from build). No anticipated date to dealer though. I am guessing about a month from build to delivery but I don't really have any idea.
You will be logging into marinetraffic.com next and looking for whenever a car cargo ship leaves the port and heads towards the UK...(I did this with the VW Tiguan years ago watching it come from Emden too).

Must admit I didnt realise that they sent them to Emden Port, I would have thought it would come from a Belgium port, but obviously its the way they work - transport it from Belgium through to Germany and then ship it over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think that Audi bring all the cars bound for the UK through the Emden - Sheerness route. They use the train up to Emden where they have acres of flat storage at the port. If you look on google maps you can see hundreds of cars wrapped in white plastic covers (I’m not sure if they are all Audi‘s though).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think that Audi bring all the cars bound for the UK through the Emden - Sheerness route. They use the train up to Emden where they have acres of flat storage at the port. If you look on google maps you can see hundreds of cars wrapped in white plastic covers (I’m not sure if they are all Audi‘s though).
My e-tron arrived through the port of Grimsby last month, and then travelled onwards to Audi Milton Keynes .....

·
Registered
127 Posts
VAG group cars plus some others that they contract with apparently.

My VW came through Emden and for the UK, I think there are three ports they use - Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyne (I think Tyne anyway - was 4 years ago when i was looking at my Tiguan shipping).

Looking at marinetraffic, there are two ships in Ebden at the moment - one for Grimsby and one for Sheerness so you might get lucky @Chasing Cars

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking at marinetraffic, there are two ships in Ebden at the moment - one for Grimsby and one for Sheerness so you might get lucky @Chasing Cars
Thanks for that Bhuna50, that is a really great idea.

I see that the Seine Highway is now at sea bound for Sheerness to arrive tomorrow morning, we shall have to see.

The Audi tracking platform doesn’t seem to be working at all at the moment so I will drop the concierge team a WhatsApp when the ship arrives.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks @ciaran85 - they dont tell you that when you ask the concierge - I am now doubting if anything is being updated as well if everyone is 'off'.

I wonder if they mean Mon to Fri 15 to 19th or if they mean next week 22 to 26th.

Not looking good for me getting a confirmed build date then (still as of today its unconfirmed week 11 - 15th March).

I guess if they are running low on chips, I best start fishing for a new car from elsewhere..Mercedes here I come :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks @ciaran85 - they dont tell you that when you ask the concierge - I am now doubting if anything is being updated as well if everyone is 'off'.

I wonder if they mean Mon to Fri 15 to 19th or if they mean next week 22 to 26th.

Not looking good for me getting a confirmed build date then (still as of today its unconfirmed week 11 - 15th March).

I guess if they are running low on chips, I best start fishing for a new car from elsewhere..Mercedes here I come :(
Based on some research the issue is not just affecting Volkswagen group but other manufactures also not sure on Mercedes though. If you can find a stock car you like them that’s likely your best bet.

My deal through work is for new cars only and since best deal is for electic if I placed a new order I’d be back to square one.

Ya very article I’ve read said manufactures are confident then can make up the delays in 2nd part of year but not much good to us.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Based on some research the issue is not just affecting Volkswagen group but other manufactures also not sure on Mercedes though. If you can find a stock car you like them that’s likely your best bet.

My deal through work is for new cars only and since best deal is for electic if I placed a new order I’d be back to square one.

Ya very article I’ve read said manufactures are confident then can make up the delays in 2nd part of year but not much good to us.
Aye - my deal is also for new cars only through work, but they do have some Merc stock coming in very soon according to their website. So if I get no confirmation next week I will be calling them to see if I can switch to one of the new stock coming in very soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Not sure if all e-tron's are built in Belgium but this is of interest;

Article is from Monday 15th so pretty recent.
I believe all e-trons are made in the one custom modified factory in Belgium. If my memory serves me correct its the old Audi A1 factory that they spent a fortune updating to build the e-tron.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
RobT23 - There's my southern England bias right there - ouch! Guilty as charged.
I would have loved my e-tron to have turned up in sheerness too, it would have only been a short hop from my home in Essex to sheerness!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts