Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
2nd of November is when I put in the order. God only know when lease company confirmed the order with garage. I ordered E-tron 50. I’ve a trip planned for end of July so have put pressure on lease company that I need car by 24th July at latest. Will see what that does.
Lease company's are useless! But wow Nov! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lease company's are useless! But wow Nov! Fingers crossed.
Ya it’s madness. I’m nearly over it now but sure last few months hopefully. Based on other estimates it seems like my order got lost for around 6 weeks. I’m hoping my luck turns and from build to delivery I have no issues.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just to give you an idea on timescales:

Ordered 01/10/2020
Actual build week: 11 (15/03/2021)
Left factory: Tuesday 13/04/2021
Arrived Port of Exit: 15/04/2021
Arrived port of entry: 20/04/2021 (Sheerness)
Arrived Dealer: 30/04/2021
Delivery date: 07/05/2021 (booked)

Another persons:

Order Date: 13/11/2020
Actual Build Wk: 13 (29/03/2021)
Arrived Port of Exit: 09/04/2021
Arrived Port of Entry: 19/04/2021 (I believe it was Grimsby)
Arrived Dealer: 26/04/2021
Est. Delivery: 07/05/2021 (booked)

Timescales can be quite erratic as seen here - mine took 4 weeks in factory - compared to 2 weeks for other one, but I've caught up on the shipping time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just to give you an idea on timescales:

Ordered 01/10/2020
Actual build week: 11 (15/03/2021)
Left factory: Tuesday 13/04/2021
Arrived Port of Exit: 15/04/2021
Arrived port of entry: 20/04/2021 (Sheerness)
Arrived Dealer: 30/04/2021
Delivery date: 07/05/2021 (booked)

Another persons:

Order Date: 13/11/2020
Actual Build Wk: 13 (29/03/2021)
Arrived Port of Exit: 09/04/2021
Arrived Port of Entry: 19/04/2021 (I believe it was Grimsby)
Arrived Dealer: 26/04/2021
Est. Delivery: 07/05/2021 (booked)

Timescales can be quite erratic as seen here - mine took 4 weeks in factory - compared to 2 weeks for other one, but I've caught up on the shipping time.
I can beat you all for waiting times!

Order: 31/08/2020
Estimated delivery: 09/07/2021

I've been getting frustrated at delays from Audi, with Tusker (lease company through work) giving no information, so may try the Audi Concierge service you mention.

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts

I've been getting frustrated at delays from Audi, with Tusker (lease company through work) giving no information, so may try the Audi Concierge service you mention.

Thanks!
Do you know if its even been built or had a confirmed build week yet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you know if its even been built or had a confirmed build week yet?
Not heard anything yet - it was ordered through Tusker who have been somewhat poor at communicating to say the least! The second week of January they were still insisting it would be delivered 14th January to replace the previous car. Fortunately the existing car has been extended and with lockdown I've not been doing much driving - I'm also taking some comfort from the fact that it will cost me ~£100/month than the old vehicle so at least I'm benefitting financially from the delay.

Following advice elsewhere on this forum I've contacted the dealer to get my Audi order number so I can try with Audi Concierge.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not heard anything yet - it was ordered through Tusker who have been somewhat poor at communicating to say the least! The second week of January they were still insisting it would be delivered 14th January to replace the previous car. Fortunately the existing car has been extended and with lockdown I've not been doing much driving - I'm also taking some comfort from the fact that it will cost me ~£100/month than the old vehicle so at least I'm benefitting financially from the delay.

Following advice elsewhere on this forum I've contacted the dealer to get my Audi order number so I can try with Audi Concierge.
Are you currently with Tuskers as well or someone different ? If with Tuskers, I assume they had no choice in extending for you?

Out of interest - what spec have you gone for for your etron then?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you currently with Tuskers as well or someone different ? If with Tuskers, I assume they had no choice in extending for you?

Out of interest - what spec have you gone for for your etron then?
Yeah - currently with Tusker so they are just extending month by month.

Just the basic 50 Technik. I did look at other options, but when I was buying anything else was ~£150/month more expensive.

I can see from your signature that your delivery was due 7th May - has it arrived and if so how are you finding it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah - currently with Tusker so they are just extending month by month.

Just the basic 50 Technik. I did look at other options, but when I was buying anything else was ~£150/month more expensive.

I can see from your signature that your delivery was due 7th May - has it arrived and if so how are you finding it?
All arrived and ever since the British weather has been...well, the British weather LOL. Only done about 250 miles myself (wife has done about 50), but both loving the car. Still sorting out the Audi Connect stuff - but its been on and off a bit temperamental but I think its because I set it up when it was during maintenance, so think a delete users / add key user approach might be needed to rectify / check its working properly - nothing major, just sometimes tells me I'm not logged into my MyAudi account, yet I am.

Finding it really comfortable, love the interior and the ride quality, quiet and smooth. Handles nicely but still getting used to the power it has - pull out and doing 35/40 before you know it in a 30 limit LOL.

I've also got the 50 technik with a few add-ons. Most surprised yours has not been sorted as Tuskers themselves had some in stock on their "In Stock / Available soon" page just recently, so not sure why you didnt get one of those.

Reactions: Bristolboy

·
Registered
27 Posts
All arrived and ever since the British weather has been...well, the British weather LOL. Only done about 250 miles myself (wife has done about 50), but both loving the car. Still sorting out the Audi Connect stuff - but its been on and off a bit temperamental but I think its because I set it up when it was during maintenance, so think a delete users / add key user approach might be needed to rectify / check its working properly - nothing major, just sometimes tells me I'm not logged into my MyAudi account, yet I am.

Finding it really comfortable, love the interior and the ride quality, quiet and smooth. Handles nicely but still getting used to the power it has - pull out and doing 35/40 before you know it in a 30 limit LOL.

I've also got the 50 technik with a few add-ons. Most surprised yours has not been sorted as Tuskers themselves had some in stock on their "In Stock / Available soon" page just recently, so not sure why you didnt get one of those.
That's great to hear about your experiences being generally positive so far!

Yeah - I'm surprised Tusker haven't offered me them either, but perhaps it's because I've selected a couple of options which makes me non-standard.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's great to hear about your experiences being generally positive so far!

Yeah - I'm surprised Tusker haven't offered me them either, but perhaps it's because I've selected a couple of options which makes me non-standard.
Probably is - I think that was why mine was delayed.

What did you select?

·
Registered
29 Posts

Thanks!
Wow!!! That's long. How come it has taken so long!

I spoke to a dealership today and they said that there was issues with the comfort and sound pack and good luck!

My build is Still unconfirmed but moved from week 26 back to 24 - fingers crossed it will be confirmed next week!

·
Registered
2021 E-Tron 50 Black Edition
44 Posts

I spoke to a dealership today and they said that there was issues with the comfort and sound pack and good luck!

My build is Still unconfirmed but moved from week 26 back to 24 - fingers crossed it will be confirmed next week!
I ordered a few extras including Bang & Olufsen sound, maybe that’s why I’m at 7 months and counting. At least the car is in the UK now! Expect delivery in a few weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have no idea why it is taking so long - the lease company through work (Tusker) have been very unresponsive and unfortunately the dealer have been told not to deal directly with customers of Tusker.

I'm due to be in Watford next week so tempted to head to their head office and ask in person!

Edit: Thanks for the update, it's good for all prospective eTron owners that it seems like the waiting times are decreasing which hopefully indicates that Audi are managing to work through the backlog!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no idea why it is taking so long - the lease company through work (Tusker) have been very unresponsive and unfortunately the dealer have been told not to deal directly with customers of Tusker.

I'm due to be in Watford next week so tempted to head to their head office and ask in person!

Edit: Thanks for the update, it's good for all prospective eTron owners that it seems like the waiting times are decreasing which hopefully indicates that Audi are managing to work through the backlog!
I have found audi concierge to be more helpful than the dealership! I call the dealership today for an update and she didn't even check! Concierge gave me a completly different build week!

Keep us updated on your progress!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have found audi concierge to be more helpful than the dealership! I call the dealership today for an update and she didn't even check! Concierge gave me a completly different build week!

Keep us updated on your progress!
Trouble is you need the order number off of the dealership to let Audi Concierge look into it so if bristolboy is being told he cant speak to the dealer / dealer wont speak to him, then he cant get the order number.

@Bristolboy - what dealer have they gone through for yours - mine went through Audi Hatfield and I found a lady there really helpful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Trouble is you need the order number off of the dealership to let Audi Concierge look into it so if bristolboy is being told he cant speak to the dealer / dealer wont speak to him, then he cant get the order number.

@Bristolboy - what dealer have they gone through for yours - mine went through Audi Hatfield and I found a lady there really helpful.
Haha mine is via Hatfield! Must have got a different lady because the one I spoke to didn't even check.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Yeah - that's my problem. No details of the order number provided by Tusker or the dealer.

Lookers Corporate are the dealers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All

My new e-tron arrived today after being ordered back in July 2020. It's an e-tron 50 with the upgraded alloys, tinted glass and virtual mirrors.

This is my first EV so really looking forward to figuring out how life with an EV is going to work out! This is also the first EV I have seen with the new green striped UK number plates to symbolise that it's an EV!

Some pics below:
View attachment 1110
View attachment 1111
Looks great, what level of tint did you go for? I got mine Tuesday changed the wheels

61 - 80 of 102 Posts