Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tusker are now officially saying early August, although I'm taking it with a pinch of salt given this the 9th date which they have indicated!
As of this morning it’s still awaiting entry to port of exit and they’re suggesting I contact the Audi Centre the order is with..hmm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the cancellation charge is only around £350 or so, still a bit galling though.
That is useful to know, when speaking on the phone the Tusker rep suggested it would be in the thousands.

Although for me personally there are further considerations beyond the cancellation charges. My employer requires me to have a suitable vehicle to fulfill my role as a precondition to my employment contract and if I cancel my eTron order my existing Tusker vehicle which is currently on a contract extension - a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - will need to be immediately returned. At short notice I'd therefore need to find an almost new SUV (under 3 years old) with AWD capabilities. Unfortunately I don't have thousands in the bank to buy a vehicle outright and therefore a big attraction of Tusker is I didn't need to find a deposit or sort out alternative finance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is useful to know, when speaking on the phone the Tusker rep suggested it would be in the thousands.

Although for me personally there are further considerations beyond the cancellation charges. My employer requires me to have a suitable vehicle to fulfill my role as a precondition to my employment contract and if I cancel my eTron order my existing Tusker vehicle which is currently on a contract extension - a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - will need to be immediately returned. At short notice I'd therefore need to find an almost new SUV (under 3 years old) with AWD capabilities. Unfortunately I don't have thousands in the bank to buy a vehicle outright and therefore a big attraction of Tusker is I didn't need to find a deposit or sort out alternative finance.
I see, so it’s a tricky situation. I’m sure once the car eventually arrives all this uncertainty and frustration will be forgotten..it’s just getting to that point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Week 22, completed build on 2/6/21.
Nightmare! I was told by my dealership that once it's at port of Exit there is an sla of 15days!

Mine was build week 24 and has taken 3 weeks for a vin number, but still not on way to port of Exit! I have a call back on Friday so they can update me. The guy thinks it will be 2-3weeks until I see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Do keep me updated. Always useful to understand others journeys - wish there was more out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m in the very same position. Audi Conceirage saying “Sales Team who advised that they've been made aware of a delay along the line which is affecting vehicles heading towards the Port. This does, unfortunately, include your vehicle and we sincerely apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. We are hopeful your e-tron will be at the Port soon and if you continue to pop back through to us periodically, we'll be happy to keep you updated.”

Basically providing an update without actually telling me anything new. It’s a hard skill to master but Audi definitely have it down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m in the very same position. Audi Conceirage saying “Sales Team who advised that they've been made aware of a delay along the line which is affecting vehicles heading towards the Port. This does, unfortunately, include your vehicle and we sincerely apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. We are hopeful your e-tron will be at the Port soon and if you continue to pop back through to us periodically, we'll be happy to keep you updated.”

Basically providing an update without actually telling me anything new. It’s a hard skill to master but Audi definitely have it down.
Wish there was a dislike button!

Think we're all in the same boat :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
There’s apparently a long conga line of E-trons outside the gates of Emden..
🙈🤣🤣🤣

@Exraycat @ciaran85 @Bristolboy @benjefferies another person has posted something similar...

@Zeebo this thread is from people in similar situations...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think perhaps unbuilt cars are now facing chip shortages as well as shipping delays? My delivery date still says early September for build week 20 and I’m thinking that’s looking more and more like a best case scenario.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I got word for word exactly the same reply from Audi last week - clearly standard response given the large number of outstanding cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My latest update from Audi on Tuesday

Currently, the last vehicle order update was regarding a confirmation that your Audi e-tron Sportback S line is in the port of exit and that it entered the compound on 09/07/2021. From the time your vehicle enters the compound at the port of exit, it can take approximately 15 working days for the transport order to be raised and your car shipped to the UK. Once in the UK port, it can take around two weeks for a transport order to be issued and your car delivered to your Audi Centre. From that point, your preferred Audi Centre will carry out the final vehicle checks and should be able to provide you with more details regarding the vehicle handover. You're always welcome to contact us any time and we'll be more than happy to check your order status for any further updates?

141 - 160 of 202 Posts