Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great thanks, I have a new avenue to have a whinge lol
I got 'told off' and told to go back to my lease company as they should be doing the chasing not me. A fair few times Audi concierge have made me feel like I shouldn't contact them!

My car had moved to stage 30 now and it's en route to port! Let more delays commence 🙈

I did however manage to put my vin number until the audi app and it recognises it! I'm hoping that's positive...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got 'told off' and told to go back to my lease company as they should be doing the chasing not me. A fair few times Audi concierge have made me feel like I shouldn't contact them!

My car had moved to stage 30 now and it's en route to port! Let more delays commence 🙈

I did however manage to put my vin number until the audi app and it recognises it! I'm hoping that's positive...
I’m glad yours has escaped production, hopefully it won’t be stuck in port limbo like mine and Bristols..

the myAudi app is good to confirm the car exists and the options you selected are on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Update for me today... car is officially at port but I've been advised it could be there for 10-14days before leaving to come over to UK. Realistically the dealership has said I'm looking at mid Aug!

Anyone else had an progress?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update for me today... car is officially at port but I've been advised it could be there for 10-14days before leaving to come over to UK. Realistically the dealership has said I'm looking at mid Aug!

Anyone else had an progress?
Hi again, Ben, we hope you're well. Having checked, we can see that your e-tron Sportback S-line is currently at the Port in Emden. It has been released for shipping, however, is still awaiting ship assignment for transport to the UK. Can we look into anything else at all for you today?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in Europe and generally believe the systems and processes over there to be better.
But I do have to say the US process of "go to the car store and buy a car" seems a bit better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in Europe and generally believe the systems and processes over there to be better.
But I do have to say the US process of "go to the car store and buy a car" seems a bit better.
An interesting observation. In many ways I would suggest that the perception here has been the reverse (although it may be changing).

Forty years ago, the "go to the car store and buy a car" model you mention was absolutely the normal throughout Europe. Gradually things have changed, particularly in the UK to follow what is widely perceived to be a US model of transaction.

It has not happened overnight of course but now a wide range of companies are frequently involved to provide debt financing, non-statutory insurances, leasing contracts, extended warranties etc. Simply walking in and buying a car appears to have become a minority approach for many transactions.

The UK has followed this trend much more enthusiastically than most of Europe but other countries are now also following this pattern as dealers push these things harder - particularly debt financing (although the actual mechanism to sell that debt varies from country to country depending on local regulation - lease is more common in the low countries with PCP being dominant in the consumer market in the UK).

I have to agree with you that going back to what you describe as "go to the car store and buy a car" must ultimately be better for the consumer but not quite sure how we now get back there as many of the commercial structures which rely on those additional revenue streams from the public are now deeply embedded.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts