Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Not sure if I am reading the app wrong or not, but i have a profile set up for my home charging. within the settings, i have my house in the location and it is correctly identified when i am parked at home.

i have the target charge set to 60% and the time window set from 00:15 - 07:08. however, when i come home at 17:00 and plug it in, it charges immediately. shouldn't it charge from 00:15 - 07:08 instead? it correctly stops at 60% but i don't want it to start charging until 00:15.

thanks.

· Registered
155 Posts
You have to set the timer up in the car (make sure its all correct), then when you turn the car off - and before you open the door - tap the screen on the left end of the timer shown on the screen. A red line will appear under that button indicating its enabled. It will remain enabled until it runs, then will be disabled so you have to set it again the next time. When plugged in, the car's charge light will flash green.
Given all the givens with the app, its best to just manage timers in the car and just use the app to monitor what the car is doing.

· Registered
3 Posts
On the e-tron gt, the trick is setup 2 timers not just one, you want one for weekday (must be Monday to Friday) and one for the weekend(both Saturday and Sunday) make sure both is enabled, and then turn on timer mode from the mmi when you turn off the car. Now timer mode won’t turn off after a charge as another active timer is pending. And will remain active no matter what day you plug in and finish the charge.

· Registered
117 Posts
... then turn on timer mode from the mmi when you turn off the car.
THIS is the difficult thing to remember. I have EV electric rates at home that start at 11PM. It frustrates me when I forget to activate the timer, plug in, and then the e-tron charges immediately because I forgot to activate the timer (wish you could just have it automatically activated everyday per a schedule like my Pacifica PHEV -- why you have to manually turn this on EVERY SINGLE DAY is not helpful). So now I've adjusted my routine to plug in, and stand by the charge port for 15 seconds until I confirm the green light fast flashes instead of slow pulses, indicating the timer charge vs. immediate charge.

· Registered
3 Posts
THIS is the difficult thing to remember. I have EV electric rates at home that start at 11PM. It frustrates me when I forget to activate the timer, plug in, and then the e-tron charges immediately because I forgot to activate the timer (wish you could just have it automatically activated everyday per a schedule like my Pacifica PHEV -- why you have to manually turn this on EVERY SINGLE DAY is not helpful). So now I've adjusted my routine to plug in, and stand by the charge port for 15 seconds until I confirm the green light fast flashes instead of slow pulses, indicating the timer charge vs. immediate charge.
read what i post again, (this works on the GT, not sure if it's the same for non GT (but i assume it's the same))

the trick is to have 2 timer enabled, this allow you to only need to activate timer mode once, until you manually deactivate from the mmi again.

here is my setup

Home location, Time to charge 9:00PM to 4:00PM (my Time of Use rate for lower rate)

auto release AC charger when done charging is "enable" (this allows me to unplug without unlocking the car, and not accidentally unlock and lock the car again without unplug, and it jump to next timer and try to charge again)

timer 1 Monday, tuesday, wendsday, thursday, friday, departure 7:30AM,
timer 2 Saturday, Sunday, Departure 9:30AM,

make sure they are both enabled, in the app or in the car,

now you only need to turn off the car and activate timer mode one time from the car.

and it will now not deactivate timer charging mode, when done charging, unless you manually do so.

this makes it whenever i plug-in on the weekday, it will only charge after 9:pm (car flashes blue timer mode) and when it finish a charge at 7:30AM, it won't deactivate timer, as timer 2 is active and pending.

and whenever i plug-in on the weekend, again it won't charge until after 9 and when it finish a charge in the morning, it can't deactivate as Timer 1 is still active and pending.

(only bug i notice with this, is on friday, it will say pending charge complete 7:30AM on saturday, and on sunday it will say pending charge 9:30AM on monday, if i check the app before 12:01AM as it hasn't crossed over to the next day, once it cross over into saturday and monday, it will correct itself, and show the correct pending charge departure time.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts