Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I must admit, when I went looking at EV's the feature of "what I could do with it on my phone" was not even on my list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I must admit, when I went looking at EV's the feature of "what I could do with it on my phone" was not even on my list.
Yet once you get a taste of that convenience it’s hard to go back without. Being able to control how much I want to charge my car from my phone or being able to lock the doors from my phone has become important to me

·
Registered
267 Posts
Having owned a Tesla MS, I think there’s some romanticizing of Tesla’s software. Frequent updates often broke things and owners bitched & moaned about it often on the TMC forum. Further, I had numerous instances (as did many) where software glitches blanked out the center screen, rendering important information unavailable. Try backing out of a spot with a black center screen. Try listening to your radio with a dead center screen.

Many times I was forced to reboot the center screen while driving because of other glitches. Sometimes I needed to reboot both the center screen and the dash displays. Nice. So hearing how ‘wonderful’ Tesla’s software is, just makes me laugh. It’s simply not true. I’ve had none of these glitches thus far on the E-tron. None. So I may be the exception here, but I simply don’t see this huge leg up Tesla has with software.

Want to talk about charging infrastructure? No arguments, Tesla wins big, but not quite as big as even a year ago.

Want to talk about plug n play charging? No arguments, Tesla wins big, period. However with most doing their charging at home, that’s not quite as important for most. If you do frequent long trips, that’s a different story.

So all of this is before we even discuss panel misalignments, door handle issues, rattles, wind noise etc. I’d like to think if I was still young I’d have the good sense to recognize the overall quality of two competing products and not be blinded by one or two features that may or may not be important.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Having owned a Tesla MS, I think there’s some romanticizing of Tesla’s software. Frequent updates often broke things and owners bitched & moaned about it often on the TMC forum. Further, I had numerous instances (as did many) where software glitches blanked out the center screen, rendering important information unavailable. Try backing out of a spot with a black center screen. Try listening to your radio with a dead center screen.

Many times I was forced to reboot the center screen while driving because of other glitches. Sometimes I needed to reboot both the center screen and the dash displays. Nice. So hearing how ‘wonderful’ Tesla’s software is, just makes me laugh. It’s simply not true. I’ve had none of these glitches thus far on the E-tron. None. So I may be the exception here, but I simply don’t see this huge leg up Tesla has with software.

Want to talk about charging infrastructure? No arguments, Tesla wins big, but not quite as big as even a year ago.

Want to talk about plug n play charging? No arguments, Tesla wins big, period. However with most doing their charging at home, that’s not quite as important for most. If you do frequent long trips, that’s a different story.

So all of this is before we even discuss panel misalignments, door handle issues, rattles, wind noise etc. I’d like to think if I was still young I’d have the good sense to recognize the overall quality of two competing products and not be blinded by one or two features that may or may not be important.
That's great and all, but does the charging port on your e-tron open when you say "Open Butthole"?

·
Registered
‘21 e-tron SUV
1 Posts
Crossing fingers this is a database migration from eu-central-1 to us-west-2... or removing all the t2.micros that seem to power myAudi

·
Registered
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
52 Posts

Good stuff to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if Tesla’s app updates faster when requesting status from the car… mine takes over 30 seconds min every time. Hope that’s being addressed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wondering if Tesla’s app updates faster when requesting status from the car… mine takes over 30 seconds min every time. Hope that’s being addressed.
I’ve had 3 BEVs, a Tesla, an I-Pace and now an Audi. I see no difference in the speed with which these apps respond. None are particularly fast. I can even add a Honda Clarity & a Sonata Hybrid and those too were no different.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts