Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
App still causing problems. I've been back and forth with the apps team in Germany for weeks now, and it's getting beyond a joke. I just had a software update today and it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I eventually deleted everything - unlinked the car from my account, uninstalled the app, deleted my account from the car, and even did a full reset on the profile in the car. Finally it seems to be working! I managed to remote start the climate control this morning without any trouble.

Touch wood, I won't have any more problems with this. I'm going to keep an eye on it and keep my support ticket with the Apps Team open.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
I’ll be honest I read your post with regard to still not working and was logging onto to suggest a clean install and restart again. I was glad to read that’s the route you have taken. Often a glitch somewhere and this has resolved “your” issue if it’s ok I’ll edit the thread title with “Solved” in the title too?
I find those thread titles important.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It doesn't help when the app returns to its old behaviour a couple of weeks after the problem was supposedly fixed. This is beyond a joke now. The incompetence of Audi's software team is mind boggling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Witchfinder 100%.
I've had connection issues since roughly 2pm yesterday 20 September. Just can't connect to the car despite uninstalling/reinstalling.
Will try the full fat workaround to unlink the account at some point today.... but I really don't want to. Anyone else having issues? This could be a system outage at Audi perhaps?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've just done a status refresh and it did seem to work. My experience of the app so far has been generally OK but it sometimes hangs when I try to manually start to auxiliary air conditioning. I have to force it to close and then start it.

However, whilst typing this, although the refresh changed from last night's status (where it was unlocked and charging) to this morning (where it's locked on my driveway), it has just shown a "Vehicle status could not be retrieved" error. E.PA.VSR.1 (2009210904).

I've now forced a second refresh and after about it minute I'm seeing the same error, but with a "7" as the last digit instead of a "4".

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm also doing a status refresh in my browser on a Windows 10 computer. It waits for ages and then fails. That rules out the app but leaves Audi's servers and the car -> Internet connection in the running.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just done a status refresh and it did seem to work. My experience of the app so far has been generally OK but it sometimes hangs when I try to manually start to auxiliary air conditioning. I have to force it to close and then start it.

However, whilst typing this, although the refresh changed from last night's status (where it was unlocked and charging) to this morning (where it's locked on my driveway), it has just shown a "Vehicle status could not be retrieved" error. E.PA.VSR.1 (2009210904).

I've now forced a second refresh and after about it minute I'm seeing the same error, but with a "7" as the last digit instead of a "4".
Good stuff Tony thanks.

I had the same error earlier with last 3 digits 737 vs your 904 and 907, looks like an incrementing transaction ID.

Some posts on here over the weekend from owners in the US having issues due to maintenance (now restored). I wonder if this is the European equivalent? If so, I really hope its maintenance to improve resilience! Taking service down in order to do maintenance is pretty poor.

I’d submitted a support case this morning, no reply yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today's issue seems to be resolved, for me at least. Car mileage and charge percentage started working at roughly 10:15-10:30am and all functionality appears to be back in the hour or so since. No response from Audi support and no in-app messages.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here. It started working intermittently at 10:25 (that's what the "last update" showed) but was still failing when I was sending Audi support screen grabs and other diagnostic stuff. As soon as I saw your reply I tried again on the app and in the browser. Both worked fine.

It would be useful if there was some sort of "Down Detector" published by Audi to let customers know that there was either planned maintenance or a known issue. The person I spoke to on the phone (after being on hold for 19 minutes) said that she wasn't aware of any issues but would send an email asking me for diagnostic data.

I've owned the e-tron for less than a week and so far this is the only downside (apart from old Ecotricity chargers!).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, the app seems to be back to normal now. You'd think that if Audi were performing maintenance on their backend, they'd have some sort of high-availability provision so that they don't bring the entire service down!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, the app seems to be back to normal now. You'd think that if Audi were performing maintenance on their backend, they'd have some sort of high-availability provision so that they don't bring the entire service down!
It's starting failing for me again now in both the app and browser. Last successful update 13:22. Refreshing now gives "An error occurred. Please try again". It's now :13:35.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
I was still getting connection errors Monday morning. Cleared app cached/data and after login, back to normal. There was a recent app update as well. Sounds like something didn't go quite as expected.

They need to set up a status page so users know if there are outages, updates, or scheduled maintenance. I'll be passing that feedback to Audi. I'd suggest others do the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is hardly unique to Audi. Amazon, Google, Harmony, Arlo, Hue....the list goes on. All have server based operations that they take down for maintenance periodically with no warning. When I have an app that stops working the first thing I do is wait 24 hours and then try it again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is hardly unique to Audi. Amazon, Google, Harmony, Arlo, Hue....the list goes on. All have server based operations that they take down for maintenance periodically with no warning. When I have an app that stops working the first thing I do is wait 24 hours and then try it again.
I don't think anyone is saying this is a unique issue, of course there are plenty of terrible apps and services that drop operations to carry out maintenance. The good ones and those with reasonable funding do not. I think we're all expecting Audi to be somewhere in that category.

Amazon and Google btw are actually famously good examples of not dropping operations for maintenance (AWS is a service whose USP is pretty much enabling service providers this type of resilience and availability).

Some in app messaging, or just a simple email telling us there's been an issue, would be nice!

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I have an app that stops working the first thing I do is wait 24 hours and then try it again.
That's hardly an option when people rely on the app for key functions like monitoring state of charge on your vehicle, or preconditioning in harsh weather. It's something that has been paid for, therefore should be subject to uptime guarantees and SLAs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Amazon and Google do have good reputations, but I have been affected by their down times on more than one occasion without advance notification. I'm not defending it, I'm just saying that it is a fact of life. It's like calling tech support and the first thing they tell you to do is to check if you have plugged it in. When I have an app not respond, I don't panic---I wait a while. Otherwise you can spend countless hours screwing things up worse than they were!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts