Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was dealing with a lot of the same issues people are complaining about. iPhone wouldnt lock or unlock kept saying the user didn't have the rights or the vehicle was unreachable. The preconditioning would work. I switched over to an old Pixel phone I had and everything worked great no issues.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought my Tron used from a BMW dealership.

How do I connect myAudi app? Do I need to go to the Audi dealership? Do I speak to the service department?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you didn’t get the little plastic tag that does with the keys you will need to call the parts dept at your local audi dealer and order it. Costs about $80.00. Once they get that in you will go to the dealer and pick it up. If your parts and service is connected to the sales dealership you will need to work with a salesperson to confirm your identity to become the key user.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 2019 eTron in for service 6 weeks ago for an error message about tire pressure and was told that a MAJOR upgrade was needed for the vehicle. My car was in service for a week and when I got it back I noticed that the myAudi app was no longer connected. After all kinds of futile attempts by the dealership personnel; here I am six weeks later with it still NOT connected. A new key code was acquired for me and a reset to factory settings was done; but the car will NOT let me enter that key code as the area in the MMI to enter the code is "grayed out" and will not open to allow entering the code. NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. Has anyone had this problem or can point me in the RIGHT direction?
HURRAY, HURRAY.
SOMEONE FINALLY TOLD MY TECHNICIAN THAT THE GREEN LIGHT ADJACENT TO THE SOS BUTTON IN THE ROOF OF MY eTron Needed TO BE ILLUMINATED. IT WASN'T ON. ONCE THE TECHNICIAN ACTIVATED THAT GREEN LIGHT THE myAudi app accepted the keycode and it back working like it should!
It took 6 weeks for someone to realize the problem.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Really sorry for your problem and I feel your pain!

In setting up a Key User, the first thing you do in the MMI is enter the email address (which serves as your MyAudi account user name) of your MyAudi account. My thinking is that, if you have entered that email and the space for the Key User # is still grayed out, then the Servers are not recognizing your email as a valid username for an available MyAudi account (for example, the account could already be in use, or it has been locked).

When I first got my car and was setting up the MyAudi account at the Dealer ( this is prior to my Key User problem that I describe in the next paragraph!), we found we could not use my regular email address (a gmail.com email). Ended up that I had used that email address with a previous Audi car to set up a MyAudi account and that for some reason that account had not been successfully removed and could not be deleted from the Audi servers. The solution we found was to use another email I had that I really didn't use (comcast.net) and had never been used with Audi. I bring this up since you mentioned a factory reset, which might affect how it might try to interact with a MyAudi account that had already had a key user. My thinking here is that you did not go through the regular process of removing a Key User, so from the point of view of the Audi Servers, your MyAudi App may still be associated with your old Key User #, even though the car has been disconnected.

Now for my second problem. When I was setting up my Key User via the MMI, I had problems for about three weeks. I would enter the Key User # (unlike you, it allowed me to enter the code after I entered my comcast email address) but the screen would bounce back several seconds later with a message that it could not reach the server, or some message like that. The solution to the problem ended up being for me to log out of my MyAudi App and then log back in. (I guess the car's request to connect to my MyAudi account kept being rejected until it timed out.) Possibly, for some reason my MyAudi app had gotten locked. I may have had to change my MyAudi password, but, being a year ago, my recollection is a little fuzzy. After that the set up went smoothly.

So, if you haven't already, you might try logging out of your MyAudi account and log back in. Also, It might help to look through the app to see what connections it shows as being active.

Ultimately, you might see if they can completely delete your MyAudi account and start from scratch. You just want to make sure they completely delete it!

From my message, I think you see that Audi has some issues with their server/online world! After reading what I wrote, I see that my weird 2020 actually started in 2019. Still, everything worked out and I am really pleased with the car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never use this remote connect feature from the App, when I do it’s flaky and doesn’t work 8 out of 10 times.
Sitting here trying to turn on the Aircon for the last 20 mins. Doesn’t work, never had this issue with Tesla.
I originally set up MyAudi account for an A7,
I’m using the same email address, maybe I’ll try a different one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I've solved it!

My phone, my wife's phone and the website could not contact the vehicle all day. I sat in the car in the evening and had a look through the settings in the MMI. Under the wireless / mobile data settings there is an option to turn off the mobile data - just like you can on a phone. I (literally!) turned it off and back on again and the app started working straight away.

So it seems the problem is with the car's SIM card / mobile data connection rather than the app, website or Audi servers. It just loses its own network connection to the world and can't recover.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think I've solved it!

My phone, my wife's phone and the website could not contact the vehicle all day. I sat in the car in the evening and had a look through the settings in the MMI. Under the wireless / mobile data settings there is an option to turn off the mobile data - just like you can on a phone. I (literally!) turned it off and back on again and the app started working straight away.

So it seems the problem is with the car's SIM card / mobile data connection rather than the app, website or Audi servers. It just loses its own network connection to the world and can't recover.
That's really interesting. I subscribe to both the Connect Prime and Prime Plus (wifi hotspot) services. For the last couple of times I have had trouble with using MyAudi to connect to the car, I found when I finally went out the car and started it up, when I got to the point of connecting my phone to the car hotspot, suddenly all the communication with the MyAudi app started working again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds as if it goes into a 'sleep' mode that only wakes up when you go back to the car, rather than accepting a signal to wake it up.

Reactions: Witchfinder

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
154 Posts
Sounds as if it goes into a 'sleep' mode that only wakes up when you go back to the car, rather than accepting a signal to wake it up.
That's really interesting. I subscribe to both the Connect Prime and Prime Plus (wifi hotspot) services. For the last couple of times I have had trouble with using MyAudi to connect to the car, I found when I finally went out the car and started it up, when I got to the point of connecting my phone to the car hotspot, suddenly all the communication with the MyAudi app started working again.
There's a TSB for myAudi app unable to reach eTron when in deep sleep state https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10176420-0001.pdf I had this done on my Premium Plus and it started connecting again.

Reactions: tonybkent

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's a TSB for myAudi app unable to reach eTron when in deep sleep state https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10176420-0001.pdf I had this done on my Premium Plus and it started connecting again.
That's really great to hear calbear92. Thanks for posting it here. I'll get in contact with my dealership to schedule in an update. I've had it happen a couple of times in recent weeks, once when I could really have done with remote starting the heating to clear a heavy frost. I had to go out to the car to reset it manually (first world problems, eh?!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having issues logging in to myaudi app and the car today. Contacted Audi through chat and was told that there is a server issue that should be resolved in the next 1-2 days. Frustrating app experience so far in 3 days of owning the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having issues logging in to myaudi app and the car today. Contacted Audi through chat and was told that there is a server issue that should be resolved in the next 1-2 days. Frustrating app experience so far in 3 days of owning the car.
I had a problem connecting the app and Audi portal in a web browser to the car again last week. I solved it by turning the mobile data off in the MMI and back on again. It's happened three or four times to me in seven months of ownership. Only takes a minute to fix. It seems the car's own SIM card just loses its Internet connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a problem connecting the app and Audi portal in a web browser to the car again last week. I solved it by turning the mobile data off in the MMI and back on again. It's happened three or four times to me in seven months of ownership. Only takes a minute to fix. It seems the car's own SIM card just loses its Internet connection.
I'll try this, but I can't even log in to the app or the web portal directly without even connecting to the car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The app is certainly much better than it was. Connectivity is still flaky at times, but it's been massively improved.

·
Registered
785 Posts
At least here in the US, we had a big Audi Cloud outage for servicing that lasted a couple of days. After it came back up, I'm finding my Prime and Prime Plus connectivity is much, much faster and reliable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I contacted Audi today as my Wife’s 2021 e-tron has not been online since Friday. They did say that there had been a worldwide outage.
interestingly my 2020 e-tron hasn’t had any issues.
They also said that it will be necessary to log back into my Audi in the vehicle. Apparently you can only do this if the signal strength is at least 4 bars!
Prior to this I had a much better app on a Volvo it went down 3 times in 4 years !

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’ve got a 21 e-Tron and I’ve had no trouble with the app since it came back from the scheduled update outage.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I contacted Audi today as my Wife’s 2021 e-tron has not been online since Friday. They did say that there had been a worldwide outage.
interestingly my 2020 e-tron hasn’t had any issues.
They also said that it will be necessary to log back into my Audi in the vehicle. Apparently you can only do this if the signal strength is at least 4 bars!
Prior to this I had a much better app on a Volvo it went down 3 times in 4 years !
4 bars? Really? That's a new one on me. Dealers are getting really innovative with their excuses. I doubt that is true. Of course, I'm assuming that it was someone at the dealership that told you that. Have you called the Audi Connect Service desk?

61 - 80 of 83 Posts