Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The end time is not calculated based on actual time but on the time required reported by the car. It has to be this way as charging is often non-linear and some charging solutions deliver varying current over time. This means that the app has to 'ask' the car what the situation is, this happens when you refresh.
Thanks. That sounds reasonable to me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Audi is at it again. My App wasn’t connecting to my car when I got home last night. Check to see if there was an update on my phone, there wasn’t any for the App showing. I did a search for the App and that is then it showed Update next to the icon, instead of Open. I read the changes and some sound interesting, seems like it will also now allow you to connect to the charger, not sure if it is the one we have or if there is a newer version or that will come with the e-tron GT or Q4. The Q4 was mentioned in things that changes will support. I performed the update, still not connecting to the servers, deleted the App, installed, still not connecting, restarted the phone, still not working.

Hoping when they fix this, it will get my timer functions working again.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
290 Posts
Yep the app isn't working for me today since the update overnight. The app loads but can't connect to the car at all, says it has never connected to it.

Waiting for Audi to fix it before I start uninstalling/reinstalling etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep the app isn't working for me today since the update overnight. The app loads but can't connect to the car at all, says it has never connected to it.

Yup - I've got the same. I dropped out of the beta programme in case that was the issue and reloaded the app but it's still FUBAR. I'm getting "Vehicle status could not be retrieved. Server error: The server sent an invalid response. Error: R.KU2PT-E.HTTP.3.502 (2107291410).

"502" in the middle of that I think relates to "Bad gateway error" so it looks like they've got a big issue at the moment.

I'm going to try and contact the WhatsApp service to see if they know anything.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
385 Posts
Much is made in the press about the thousands of software engineers hired by VAG and other makers. Maybe those folks were available for a reason.

Reactions: tonybkent

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've just spoken to the Digital Support team (0800 279 2884 in the UK) who said it's definitely a global issue but they don't have a time-to-fix estimate yet. I asked that they make sure that all outages are communicated through their social media to keep customers informed and reduce "avoidable contact" i.e. people like me phoning up every two minutes bugging them for the same information. A simple post from AudiOfficial saying "our services are down" or "The myAudi app is now working again" would go a long way towards a good customer experience.

As others have said in this thread, where is the resilience? Systems in use globally should not be subject to such long outages. This is really poor.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
290 Posts
@tonybkent totally agree with everything you said and thanks for the updates.

Mine seems to have come back in the past 1hr - the connection to the car is very slow still. A bunch of errors came up but it looks like I have some/almost all data pulling through.

That was a long outage, totally unacceptable considering the global coverage and number of users. Highly embarrassing. And I'm sympathetic to IT folks in this part of the industry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@tonybkent totally agree with everything you said and thanks for the updates.

Mine seems to have come back in the past 1hr. A bunch of errors came up but it looks like I have some/almost all data pulling through.

That was a long outage, totally unacceptable considering the global coverage and number of users. Highly embarrassing. And I'm sympathetic to IT folks in this part of the industry.
Phew! Mine's back too. Likewise, from another IT bod I expect far better than this.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Mine is a MY19 and is generally ok, apart from having to turn off / on mobile data in the MMI every now and then so the car can communicate with the cloud after losing connection.

What doesn't work for you? Are there specific errors?
About 6 weeks ago, pretty much all the remote features stopped working. The app/AudiCloud/car do not communicate with each other. When I do get an error, it is usually something like "Server returned invalid reply".

·
Registered
42 Posts
About 6 weeks ago, pretty much all the remote features stopped working. The app/AudiCloud/car do not communicate with each other. When I do get an error, it is usually something like "Server returned invalid reply".
Have you tried turning the mobile data off and back on from within the MMI? It sounds like the problem I get sometimes - not that app itself but the car's own mobile data connection. It fixes it every time. I've had to do it every couple of months. It takes a few moments for the "off" part to complete before you just toggle it back on with the same button in settings.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Have you tried turning the mobile data off and back on from within the MMI? It sounds like the problem I get sometimes - not that app itself but the car's own mobile data connection. It fixes it every time. I've had to do it every couple of months. It takes a few moments for the "off" part to complete before you just toggle it back on with the same button in settings.
So, I went to "cog" in the upper right of the Connected Devices Screen and clicked on that. Then I turned off/on the "Turn on Phone or Mobile Data" feature. Is that what you are recommending? If so, unfortunately, it made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I know this doesnt apply to everyone but my audiusa customer support agent told me that there is currently an issue with the 2019s and connection to the app. They are not sure when it will be resolved, but I am extremely upset about it. The remote controls worked before the update on the car, but now nothing ever works remotely. It takes a long time to even get data from the car to my phone, and trying to lock or set climate control always fails out. Super disappointing. It doesnt make sense, its such a simple thing to do, and they screwed it up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, I went to "cog" in the upper right of the Connected Devices Screen and clicked on that. Then I turned off/on the "Turn on Phone or Mobile Data" feature. Is that what you are recommending? If so, unfortunately, it made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion!
Sorry to hear that didn't work. It sounds like it's the same setting, but maybe a different route to get to it. Below are some photos of what I do as well as the steps:

Go to main menu (Home icon)
Scroll across to "Connection settings" and click.
I'm presented with four options: "Mobile network, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, data plans"
I selected "Mobile network".
I'm presented with four lines, the first of which is: "Switch on car phone/data module" (enabled for me so I just click it off, wait and click it back on).

I noticed underneath that there's "Automatic network section" but it's on and greyed out. There's a sub-item showing it's using "Audi connect" as the network provider.

I wonder if there's an issue with the network provider that the SIM card is connecting to. Not so much a hardware issue in the car or software issue with the app, but an issue with Audi's own "mobile network". I'm not in the US, but I did hear recently that some mobile networks in your part of the world are turning off their 3G capability and this has affected BMW i3s from a few years back that can't connect over 4G. Audi connect network probably sits on top of a mainstream provider like Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T.

Have you tried Audi's social media people?

Font Gadget Multimedia Audio equipment Gas
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Window Automotive exterior
Font Gas Electric blue Office equipment Display device

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sorry to hear that didn't work. It sounds like it's the same setting, but maybe a different route to get to it. Below are some photos of what I do as well as the steps:

Go to main menu (Home icon)
Scroll across to "Connection settings" and click.
I'm presented with four options: "Mobile network, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, data plans"
I selected "Mobile network".
I'm presented with four lines, the first of which is: "Switch on car phone/data module" (enabled for me so I just click it off, wait and click it back on).

I noticed underneath that there's "Automatic network section" but it's on and greyed out. There's a sub-item showing it's using "Audi connect" as the network provider.

I wonder if there's an issue with the network provider that the SIM card is connecting to. Not so much a hardware issue in the car or software issue with the app, but an issue with Audi's own "mobile network". I'm not in the US, but I did hear recently that some mobile networks in your part of the world are turning off their 3G capability and this has affected BMW i3s from a few years back that can't connect over 4G. Audi connect network probably sits on top of a mainstream provider like Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T.

Have you tried Audi's social media people?

View attachment 2451 View attachment 2452 View attachment 2453
Yes, that is the setting I tried. Audi is well aware of this problem that is affecting a lot of MY2019. It is pretty clear, and Audi support has acknowledged this, that the problem is with the database in the Audi Cloud that mediates communication between the app and the car.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts