Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
So for those in the UK, Audi UK are not willing to help.
I contacted their exec team having had success with a previous Audi a long time ago but this time round, they are not willing.

The full response is:
I was sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the Audi App.
We are unable to assist with any connected vehicle enquiries and must forward them to the Digital Services Team.
I will however contact the team to request that they look into this with a matter of urgency and contact you directly, it is likely that a soft wear update is being investigated and therefore there may be no further information at this time.
Whilst I fully appreciate you may remain unhappy I cannot offer any further information from Audi UK regarding your concern.

To say I'm getting cheesed off is an understatement. I don't know how many 2019/2020 e-trons were sold in the UK but there are only a handful available for sale so either there are lots more out there with the issue and not realised/realised but not raised or there are only a handful globally (mostly on this forum) with the issue. But there is just not enough traction on this higher up.

I have started to contact some of the automotive review sites in particular, EV review sites to see if they're able to make it more public. I'm more interested in sites who have published reviews on whether you should buy a used e-tron today as most used will be from our era.
Even the earliest model will still be under the original 3 year warranty so most used will be available from Audi directly however it is important for people to know they're most likely going to be without a number of functions. Eletrifying.com have already responded to say they're looking into it adding this issue to their review of the used e-tron + adding a tech review on apps.

I can only suggest given digital services are not pulling their finger out on this, maybe a group effort of starting to contact review sites, your countrys HO for Audi, digital services (if you have not already) and just anyone who can make this more public might eventually get into the lap of the right person.
Anyone who is good with creating vlogs should do so explaining this issue.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
So for those in the UK, Audi UK are not willing to help.
I contacted their exec team having had success with a previous Audi a long time ago but this time round, they are not willing.

The full response is:
I was sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the Audi App.
We are unable to assist with any connected vehicle enquiries and must forward them to the Digital Services Team.
I will however contact the team to request that they look into this with a matter of urgency and contact you directly, it is likely that a soft wear update is being investigated and therefore there may be no further information at this time.
Whilst I fully appreciate you may remain unhappy I cannot offer any further information from Audi UK regarding your concern.

To say I'm getting cheesed off is an understatement. I don't know how many 2019/2020 e-trons were sold in the UK but there are only a handful available for sale so either there are lots more out there with the issue and not realised/realised but not raised or there are only a handful globally (mostly on this forum) with the issue. But there is just not enough traction on this higher up.

I have started to contact some of the automotive review sites in particular, EV review sites to see if they're able to make it more public. I'm more interested in sites who have published reviews on whether you should buy a used e-tron today as most used will be from our era.
Even the earliest model will still be under the original 3 year warranty so most used will be available from Audi directly however it is important for people to know they're most likely going to be without a number of functions. Eletrifying.com have already responded to say they're looking into it adding this issue to their review of the used e-tron + adding a tech review on apps.

I can only suggest given digital services are not pulling their finger out on this, maybe a group effort of starting to contact review sites, your countrys HO for Audi, digital services (if you have not already) and just anyone who can make this more public might eventually get into the lap of the right person.
Anyone who is good with creating vlogs should do so explaining this issue.

Thoughts?
Have you tried my "turn mobile data off and on" from post #118 (3 days ago) in this thread aj_etron? I had to do it again this evening after a 40 mile journey, at the start of which it was fine. It fixed it immediately. When I parked up half way through it was giving me an error about not being able to update the e-tron charging service prices (a new one) as well as saying it had never connected before. Same when I got home. Mobile data off. Leave a few seconds. Mobile data on. Pull down in app to refresh data. Problem sorted.

Apologies if you have tried this. I've had a quick scan back through the thread but couldn't tell.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup certainly did. I just popped to the car just now to do it again but no change.

Vehicle status cannot be retrieved and auxiliary air conditioning could not be started.

Also had digital services email this evening for the fod case to leave car on for 5 mins , switch off, open door for 20 seconds and close door /start car.
Did it and as expected, still no matrix lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased my 2021 Sportback 2 months ago and the dealership says they still can't register me for the MyAudi app due to an outage with the Audi system. Does anyone know if that is true or is the salesman just not able to figure it out? Of course, after reading this thread it seems like I'm not missing much...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I did not think 2021's were affected by an outage, but may be wrong. Which registration are you talking about (?):

1) Registration for your Key User Agreement (the Dealer registers you with Audi as the owner of that particular car, so that the Key User Code will unlock remote access features, etc.) You can't do much until this happens.
2) Get you set up with a MyAudi account: need your VIN, login and PW for your Audi Cloud account. All this is set up through your phone MyAudi app.
3) Get your free trial period Audi Connect Prime and Prime Plus services set up. Should be set up though the MyAudi app, as well.

Have you spoken with Audi Connect Services--877-505-2834 ? They usually know a lot more than anyone at the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did not think 2021's were affected by an outage, but may be wrong. Which registration are you talking about (?):

1) Registration for your Key User Agreement (the Dealer registers you with Audi as the owner of that particular car, so that the Key User Code will unlock remote access features, etc.) You can't do much until this happens.
2) Get you set up with a MyAudi account: need your VIN, login and PW for your Audi Cloud account. All this is set up through your phone MyAudi app.
3) Get your free trial period Audi Connect Prime and Prime Plus services set up. Should be set up though the MyAudi app, as well.

Have you spoken with Audi Connect Services--877-505-2834 ? They usually know a lot more than anyone at the dealership.
I am referring to number 1. The dealer is saying they can't register any new owners as a Key User so even though I have a MyAudi account and the app neither of them do much except remind me to make a payment.

I will call Audi, thank for the recommendation! Has anyone here purchase a new Audi since May, 2021 and successful be registered as the Key User by their dealership?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I am referring to number 1. The dealer is saying they can't register any new owners as a Key User so even though I have a MyAudi account and the app neither of them do much except remind me to make a payment.

I will call Audi, thank for the recommendation! Has anyone here purchase a new Audi since May, 2021 and successful be registered as the Key User by their dealership?
It might be a good time to check. This problem this thread is referring to is about a 7 week period when most 2019MY cars were not able to access any of the remote features. The problem seemed to be database-related, and could have involved the Audi Cloud not being able to verify Key User info to grant access. Audi is useless for meaningful feedback, but possibly that might have led them to stop registering new cars until the problem is sorted out. Now that the 2019MY appear to be able to connect again, maybe they can register vehicles again!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I plugged in last night and it didn’t start charging right away and wrapped up at 6:25 am, as I had it set. I did have that issue when my screen blacked out when I tried to use CarPlay, on my drive home yesterday. I restarted the car and it started working. Not sure if an update occurred but that was the only different thing I noticed, since plugging in Sunday night, when it started charging and ignoring the timer again.

For now, it’s working correctly again.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Yes I did (in June). I think your dealer is clueless. It works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got the “E:VSR.PA.1” error this morning, no communication with the car. Same if logging in from a browser (so it’s not the app). To test the hypothesis of the Service Bulletin related to wake-up from deep sleep mode raised earlier in this thread, I went and powered up the car - fixed it. Looks like there’s an intermittent bug when the LTE module tries to wake up the MMI to send/receive data.

As for other comments in the thread:
SATCOM? No, that’s BS. The comms mode is displayed in the top right of the MMI screen. It’s a cell modem with a SIM card. Runs on LTE and GSM.
Needs 4 bars to work? More BS. There’s very little data being transferred, either there is connectivity or there isn’t.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Has this app improved at all? Feeling a bit disheartened reading all this.

Feels like something very basic a high tech car company should be on top of.

Same with OTA updates. Experiencing Polestar beeing streets ahead is just saddening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I still have the same problem when I try to connect to My.Audi, both on the main user and on another user connected to the same My.Audi account:

Error R.89VB3-E.10.6, R.BDNQQ-E.HTTP.5, R.37M62-HTTP.5

121 - 140 of 141 Posts