Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate any insights on why any favourites, last destinations and even the home and work addresses keep getting forgotten by my 2020 e-tron 50.
I've faffed about a bit and it might be associated with the my Audi app but I cannot be sure.
All types of Navigation information mentioned above don't stay in memory for very long. I've read the manual and I'm confident I'm not doing anything wrong (it is, after all, a simple process to store these things). The manual links stored navigation data to the my Audi app if the car's logged in. On both my 'phone app and via a browser on the PC, sending destinations and routes to the car fails with an error message.
This is a vexing problem. When I, my wife or even both of us head up north and depend on the UK rapid charging network, it would be good to have a selection of prime and contingency chargers laid in ready for use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem in my e-tron that I picked up less than a week ago from East Kent Audi.
First they advised the the fix is to switch off privacy in the car's settings but I didn't have privacy switched on in the first place and so now they say the car has to go back to them to be investigated.
This is one of three faults to appear in the first week. Not impressed with the car or East Kent Audi who are less than concerned because it is not a safety issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This may be on the extreme end of the 'teaching your Grandma to suck eggs' scale. But here goes:

Last week I couldn't understand why the regen setting was reverting to manual from my preferred setting of automatic...turns out my wife was getting in to the car and using my profile instead of hers. She'd switched the regen setting to her preference, manual. She believed just pressing #2 on the door (electric seat memory position) would activate her profile.

Its not something like that, which is causing your issue perhaps? Otherwise, others in the forum others have said software updates have fixed the issue for them (though you'd expect a new e-tron to come with the latest updates)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may be on the extreme end of the 'teaching your Grandma to suck eggs' scale. But here ... have fixed the issue for them (though you'd expect a new e-tron to come with the latest updates)?
Thanks for replying, I've done a bit of experimenting - see below.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not totally certain but I'm pretty sure now that the apparently random loss of favourites is due to the car logging in to myAudi.

When not logged in, the car remembers a certain set of favourites that are set when not logged in. These are profile specific.

myAudi contains a different set of favourites set up either by the phone app or by the browser or by the car itself when it is logged in. The phone app and browser seem to work slightly differently: In the browser you select a destination, you can rename it then send it to the car. If you flag it as a favourite before sending, it becomes a favourite in the car otherwise you can find it in 'sent destinations' via the MMI navigation menu. In the app, you also see all the favourites that myAudi knows (in the browser you cannot). You can select new destinations and send them to the car but this time you can't rename them!

When the car's logged in to myAudi, myAudi (temporarily) overwrites the vehicle's favourites with its own (and I think these go to all profiles). While it remains logged in, the car can change things on the favourites like their names and add new favourites and this information is sync'd up to myAudi.

So, if you've set up favourites in the car but none in myAudi, when myAudi logs in, the car favourites will be temporarily lost; there will be no favourites.

This should be all quite good. I think you can set an option on the car where it will automatically log in to myAudi (and this may be profile specific).

However, when the car's not logged in to myAudi, it loses those favourites. This is typically when the car's first started and it takes a few minutes to log on. But it also seems that, if the car loses its myAudi connection, the previous profile-specific favourites re-appear. This happened, I think, when I was in a place with very poor mobile signal - when I checked favourites they had fallen back to the non myAudi ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts