Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger NEMA 14-50 Plug or Hardwired. I am planning to hard wire it. I am planning to buy a 50Amp breaker. Can someone recommend me a good quality breaker. Please provide the link at Home depot or Lowe's, since my electrician only buy at these two stores. I had saw someone mention that it is better to do with a non GFCI breaker. Also a link at home depot or Lowe's for the 6 gauge wire too.

Thanks in advance.

There is a note from the charge point charger installation manual:
Note: If local codes require a GFCI breaker for plug-in installation, ChargePoint recommends a hardwire installation. We do not recommend using a GFCI breaker as the Home Flex has charging circuit interrupting device (CCID) protection. Using a GFCI breaker in the panel can cause nuisance tripping.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
60 Posts
What breaker you need to buy depends on your breaker box and other things. If you have an electrician, they will know what to buy. Same with wire. If you don't and are asking these questions to try to do it yourself, perhaps you don't know enough to do it correctly yourself. Consider that.

If you don't have an electrician, I suggest you get one. Get it done correctly. You will sleep better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts