Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of negotiating price on a 2021 E-Tron Premium Plus with an Audi Dealership and was curious was to whether my expectation on pricing is unreasonable. Based on my research as well as the values listed on KBB prior to OEM or dealer incentives I should expect to pay about 68,000-69,000 USD with an MSRP value of 77,000 USD approximately. From your experience would you state that 68,000-69,000 USD is a fair price? After incentives; not including the 7,500 USD federal tax rebate the price paid is approaching 59,000. Numbers are summarized below. Any input would be appreciated!

E-Tron Premium Plus:
MSRP: 77,000
KBB Fair Purchase Price Range: 68,000-71,000 USD
Incentive: 9000
Price Paid: 59,000-62,000 USD before taxes/fees.

·
Registered
132 Posts
April numbers aren't as aggressive as March, but I have seen multiple dealers doing 6-7% off msrp before any incentives in the past week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I negotiated down to $56k for the premium with convenience package from an MSRP of $72k. So you should definitely be able to get it lower. Probably closer to low 60s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I negotiated down to $56k for the premium with convenience package from an MSRP of $72k. So you should definitely be able to get it lower. Probably closer to low 60s.
How recently did you purchase your E-Tron as well as what is the year if you do not mind the inquiry??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes it was a purchase. $8250 of rebates. Rest was negotiating. This excludes the $7.5k tax credit because that comes during tax time at the end of the year. You can not use it upfront except in case of a lease.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
218 Posts
Pre-incentive discount 11.7% if $68k is pretty aggressive. In mid-March, yes, it was possible with robust inventory in CA.

In April with very low inventory and Costco incentive coming to an end in 4 days, that will be a challenge to find a dealer to go that low. 6-8% pre-incentive seems to be more the target, but YMMV depending on your geographic region.

Good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Puts you at about 11% before incentives. Same place I landed at the end of last month. Deals seem to be much fewer and further between in April due to the volume bonus for etrons audi was offering dealers in March and how much inventory has cleared out. All the dealers put here that would do 10-11% last month won't touch more than 6-7 right now.

One might be able to find a dealer eager to push something out before Costco goes away at the end of the month and they're stuck with way worse programs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One dealership in my region has seven E-Trons on their lot with an overall inventory of approximately 100 vehicles. I am contacting then tomorrow as the dealership with which I am negotiating at the moment is offering a 1.5% reduction in MSRP considering it is their only E-Tron on lot.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Prestige
24 Posts
Should be able to get Premium+ with a good discount - I went for Prestige and it was like a golden egg. Had to travel to get the car as they wouldn't trade it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best I could do was 9% off pre incentive - I only contacted 3 dealers who had what I wanted on the lot (premium plus with black optic in a grey or silver color). The inventory is quite low on the Etron at the moment as they seemed to have moved a good number last month with the big incentives from Audi.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
that seems more and more likely to happen, especially with the arrival of new dedicated EV platforms: one from VW side of the house and then the one being developed with Porsche in tandem. I am happy to see progress.

·
Registered
442 Posts
that seems more and more likely to happen, especially with the arrival of new dedicated EV platforms: one from VW side of the house and then the one being developed with Porsche in tandem. I am happy to see progress.
Well that would be great, not even one month into ownership and already a potentially orphaned car. :(

One of the reasons I traded my I-Pace was for fear that Jaguar wound not retain financial solvency. There were certainly other reasons, but that was one of them.

If this does come to pass, the value of these E-trons will plummet overnight.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
If this does come to pass, the value of these E-trons will plummet overnight.
... or not - knowing what I know about ID.4, my Q4 love is somewhat conditional at this time. I do not know how much it will feel like Audi and how much like VW in disguise. The new dedicated platform shared with Porsche might be something else but it is still in the future. For the time being, it seems that there is nothing matching the ooomph of eTron aka Q8 in disguise. I do not think cars will be orphaned, but new production might be suspended and moved to new EV platforms. Time will tell.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is information that is posted on Audi’s media site on the 2022 model, seems a S Line trim will be coming, I wonder if they will had an S version here like overseas.

2022 e-tron / e-tron Sportback
The brand’s first fully electric SUV returns for the 2022 model year with significant package changes. The Premium Plus package continues to offer the available Black optic package that now adds a new 21-inch sport wheel design supported by Dynamic orange brake calipers. The Prestige model is now replaced with the new Chronos Edition that includes Chronos gray exterior paint, S-line exterior, Black optic package, Digital Matrix LED headlights, black 21-inch wheels with orange brake calipers, black headliner, Volcano gray ash wood inlays, and rear side airbags.
The brand’s first SUV Sportback, the e-tron Sportback, enters 2022 with several package updates. The Premium trim is now available with the Convenience Plus package, which includes the comprehensive Driver Assistance package, Top view camera system, and the bold Black Optic exterior kit. The Premium Plus package continues to offer the available Black optic package that now adds a new 21-inch sport wheel design that is supported with Dynamic orange brake calipers. The Prestige package now offers a Black optic plus package that includes a new 22-inch sport wheel with the addition of Dynamic orange brake calipers. Also, for the 2022 model year, the potential federal tax credit of up to $7,500 is still expected to be available to customers for both models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts