Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to get up and running on the new Audi Charging scheme yet? Guess you can’t take advantage of it until card comes (for which they quote 5-7 days here in the UK. Really hoping card gets here quicker than that.

· Registered
232 Posts
I tried registering using the old e-from charging service card I had, but, it didn’t recognise that card number.
Because I had a card, during set up, I clicked that option, rather than ordering a new one, so have now emailed them saying to send me a card please

Whilst the first year is free for new car’s, it’s not quite a full year if you have to wait 2% of it to get the card to make it work. I’m currently on a holiday (from today) and was planning on using the service to charge several times. Now I have to pay Ionity at full PAYG prices.
……. 1st world problems, I know….

· Registered
211 Posts
I tried registering using the old e-from charging service card I had, but, it didn’t recognise that card number.
Because I had a card, during set up, I clicked that option, rather than ordering a new one, so have now emailed them saying to send me a card please

Whilst the first year is free for new car’s, it’s not quite a full year if you have to wait 2% of it to get the card to make it work. I’m currently on a holiday (from today) and was planning on using the service to charge several times. Now I have to pay Ionity at full PAYG prices.
……. 1st world problems, I know….
I imagine you can use the myAudi app to initiate a charge at many charge points without needing to use RFID card.

Does the new service support plug and charge? The e-tron Charging Service does, I used it twice during December at Ionity Skelton Lakes without needing to do anything other than plug in.

· Registered
211 Posts
Interesting. I don’t see an option in the app to start a charge….?
Plug and Charge is supported, with cars that work with it. Apparently the GTs don’t!

hmm. Was at Skelton Lakes today!
I see the option to ‘enable/unlock a charging station’ using a QR code, a manual id code, choosing it on a map. See screenshot for example via the map.

Human body Slope Line Font Parallel

Font Number Screenshot Magenta Circle

· Registered
9 Posts
Not working for me in Ireland yet! I was able to sign up to the pro plan yesterday for 0cost/month (even though my car is 1 year old). App shows all chargers in the map but doesn't give the option to enable charging.

· Registered
9 Posts
Just came across this on the AUDI CHARGING SERVICES website . Looks like the " Plug and charge " comes into effect Q2 2023

The use of Plug & Charge requires a Plug & Charge-compatible plan (basic, plus, pro) as well as a Plug & Charge-compatible vehicle. The use of Plug & Charge is expected to be available from Q2/2023 for the following models: Q8 50 e-tron quattro, Q8 55 e-tron quattro, SQ8 e-tron, SQ8 e-tron Sportback, Q8 Sportback 50 e-tron, Q8 Sportback 55 e-tron, SQ8 Sportback e-tron, Q4 40 e-tron, Q4 50 e-tron quattro, Q4 Sportback 40 e-tron, Q4 Sportback 50 e-tron quattro,ar week 48/2021. Plug & Charge is available at all IONITY charging stations, among others.

· Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
114 Posts
Does this also mean that Audi no longer offer the £150 charging credit you used to get as a new e-tron owner on the old service? Seems like another sucker punch for those with delayed orders missing out on it...

· Registered
211 Posts
Can guarantee that will only be the new Q4s in 2023 🤪
My MY2023 Q4 delivered November 2022 is definitely plug-and-charge compatible[*] with the ‘e-tron Chargjng Service’ so I expect it will work with the ‘Audi Charging Service’ too when the time comes.

*: Might need software version 3669 or later though, mine is 3812.

· Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
189 Posts
I’m waiting for the new Audi charging card to arrive after registering for it on the MyAudi app. My e-tron charging card expired as I’ve had it over a year, so I wonder if I’m eligible for the pro plan offer. I will call Audi when I get the card.

Customers who have taken out an Audi charging pro plan and who use a fully electric Audi (cash purchase, lease, financing) can be exempted from the basic fee. Their vehicle must correspond to either the current or the previous year's model year. This offer is only valid for the first contract that is taken out and cannot be transferred to others. After one year, the normal conditions for the plan apply. This promotion from AUDI AG will be displayed to you upon concluding a contract via the myAudi app which is connected to a main user. You can take advantage of the discounted price starting 01/01/2023. Plug-in hybrid vehicles are excluded from this offer

· Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
189 Posts
I thought I would try as I feel I’m almost on first names terms with Audi Digital and Customer Service after a year of battling with the hopeless software in my car And the useless MyAudi app.
:):)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts