Audi e-tron Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
The Audi charging tariff is not attractive at all and on the very high side. I still keeping my BMW charge card with much lower tariff in Netherlands at EUR0.32/kWh for AC, EUR0.55/kWh for DC and EUR0.22/kWh for IONITY (monthly subscription is EUR4.99 with addon IONITY of EUR13)

If you can get hold of BMW VIN, you can subscribe and get above rate too.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did a 400 mile round trip at the weekend and getting IONITY chargers to work was a pain (other chargers seem ok). A few people have said it’s simple when subscription is set up.
Still awaiting card, been told it could take 2 weeks. Called Elli freephone number today and it transpires that you can use via myAudi app before card has arrived - but option not showing for me. Turns out there is bug for pro customers which should be fixed by Thursday 12th 🤔

· Registered
21 Posts
Did a 400 mile round trip at the weekend and getting IONITY chargers to work was a pain (other chargers seem ok). A few people have said it’s simple when subscription is set up.
Still awaiting card, been told it could take 2 weeks. Called Elli freephone number today and it transpires that you can use via myAudi app before card has arrived - but option not showing for me. Turns out there is bug for pro customers which should be fixed by Thursday 12th 🤔
I assume you are using Ionity without physical card? Because when I used my BMW Charging card for Ionity. it's just a simple tap and charge process. I believe it should be the same once you got your Audi Charging card.

· Registered
240 Posts
My card arrived too. They emailed me the card number the other day prior to it arriving, and pre-activated it in my account.
Once I’d figured out how to unlock the charger from the app (not straightforward!,- you can’t do it from the map- it’s a shortcut setting. Well, at least for me anyway), it was dead easy to charge at Ionity Milton Keynes. Click the shortcut, scan the QR code on the charger, and bobs your uncle…..

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thought i would bump this, as I’ve had more experience of using card.

BP Pulse/Polar
Card doesn’t work on (you have to ring up and give number, which is a faff, especially at busy times if they don’t pick up

Shell (Allego)
Card doesn’t work and you can’t call for them to activate charger. And prices are steep

Ionity
Works even without card on Plug and Charge - got 122.5

Gridserve
Didn’t seem to like card - but couldn’t test Plug and Charge, as pin (on left of charge port) was in way - managed to get it retract after requesting breakdown call-out (subsequently cancelled)

Phew - steep learning curve that test patience, but great when it works…

21 - 30 of 30 Posts