Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
just bought my 2019 Audi e-tron, drove it from Selma, Texas to Anacortes, Washington State. Great road trip. I didn’t do any sight seeing just straight up driving all the way. left the dealer in Selma TX around 5pm Saturday slept 3 nights, I made it to Anacortes on Tuesday night. Used Electrify America charging stations exclusively. I was extremely worried about the charging time and frequency but honestly it was not an issue at all. This car is amazing 😁

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Rakan and congratulations on your new e-tron! That sounds like a great road trip, how did the e-tron handle the trip to Washington? Also is it your first EV?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @Rakan and congratulations on your new e-tron! That sounds like a great road trip, how did the e-tron handle the trip to Washington? Also is it your first EV?
Thank you very much. The car was a dream to drive. Between the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist the journey was very relaxing. leaving Oregon into Washington we had some crazy rain and wind the but the car handled extremely well .Yes this is my first EV my other car is 2012 Jaguar XJ supercharged

·
Registered
395 Posts
Congratulations on your new E Tron. It's good to hear your experience with EA went well. A lot of the history written here seems to lay a lot of the responsibility for frustrations on long trips clearly at the feet of the Charging stations. Until the charging network is as reliable as your neighborhood gas stations, it will be a constant source of range anxiety.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome @Rakan.
That's actually a great way to break in your e-tron. What was range like throughout the trip?
Were you considering any other vehicles before going with the e-tron?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations on your new E Tron. It's good to hear your experience with EA went well. A lot of the history written here seems to lay a lot of the responsibility for frustrations on long trips clearly at the feet of the Charging stations. Until the charging network is as reliable as your neighborhood gas stations, it will be a constant source of range anxiety.
Honestly I was absolutely dreading the trip back because I was ex worried about range and the charging infrastructure, but honestly I was very surprised how effortless the experience was. The most I had to do when a charger was not working right example charge rate is low I just switch to another one and honestly there always a charger that works. I have never gotten into any issues charging. That being said I am sure some people had a very different experienc.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome @Rakan.
That's actually a great way to break in your e-tron. What was range like throughout the trip?
Were you considering any other vehicles before going with the e-tron?
So thats very interesting because i was disappointed when I was in Texas my range was no more than 150-160 miles but it was below 30 degrees Fahrenheit And I was blasting the heater. But then I was driving in California and was getting over 200 miles. And I learned real quick that aggressive driving uses a lot of battery juice. So range really varies based on weather, driving style, weather You’re using the AC , heated seats and how much load is on the car. I was told a guy in California was able to get 277 miles. So I learned a lot from my trip and what range to expect depending on weather condition.
I honestly was considering an BMW X5 I was willing to overlook its looks for the technology that It offers But then I found the e-tron the rest was history.

·
Registered
395 Posts
So thats very interesting because i was disappointed when I was in Texas my range was no more than 150-160 miles but it was below 30 degrees Fahrenheit And I was blasting the heater. But then I was driving in California and was getting over 200 miles. And I learned real quick that aggressive driving uses a lot of battery juice. So range really varies based on weather, driving style, weather You’re using the AC , heated seats and how much load is on the car. I was told a guy in California was able to get 277 miles. So I learned a lot from my trip and what range to expect depending on weather condition.
I honestly was considering an BMW X5 I was willing to overlook its looks for the technology that It offers But then I found the e-tron the rest was history.
Glad to hear your experience was pretty good. In learning about my E Tron, I have come to really appreciate it's ability to Coast. I pretty much always use the paddle shifters in Manual mode and drive using Coasting as much as I can. It's amazing how far this car can roll! I'm convinced that the best way to squeeze the most miles out of this car is to use Coasting as much as possible....after all 30% of the energy processed by regen is lost as heat. I'm beginning to appreciate how much Coast/Regen is a distinct driving style.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was good talking to you at the Indio EA station. Glad to hear that you made it the rest of the way back up. That's a lot of driving but the e-tron is a pretty comfortable touring car which helps. And thanks for the tip on the other station. It got me out of Indio quicker which is always a good thing.

I wish that Blythe went as well for me. I have no idea why EA is so bloody slow on getting their Quartzite station up,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts