Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I took delivery of my lease e-tron a couple of weeks ago, I think I've worked through the initial minor niggles and am now just enjoying the car and seriously reduced running costs :)

Car was initially ordered in July, as to be expected with the pandemic, production, shipping and delivery was somewhat delayed

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome. I ordered mine at 1 October, but have just had an email changing the ETA from mid January to end of March 2021 now...arrgghhh - so now an estimated 6 months turnaround???!!!???

·
Registered
14 Posts
That does sound a long time!

Ordered mine last month with anticipated delivery of March but we shall have to wait and see. Does yours appear on the Audi tracking system yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
That does sound a long time!

Ordered mine last month with anticipated delivery of March but we shall have to wait and see. Does yours appear on the Audi tracking system yet?
tracking system isn’t working yet is it?

Audi concierge are still telling me unconfirmed build week. Keeps changing between weeks 8, 12 and 3. Lol. but dealer says March delivery now. Will wait and see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#fail, just realised how to do multi-quotes in a post 🤫

Welcome to the forum. What specification did you go for?
I'm pretty sure its a base spec e-tron 50 Technik, got an absolutely awesome lease deal through the NHS. So I'm missing some subtle little quality of life things like wireless phone charging, but hey at £300 a month with everything (insurance, lease, tyres, servicing, breakdown, etc) all included. I'm not about to grumble and having to plug my phone in 😁

Any of the little niggles you want to share? Due to receive my e-tron in March.
The largest niggle I can think of are the initial registration in the app (it just didn't work). I ended up in an endless cycle of trying to verify my identify through the app, getting zero feedback and being returned back to the "verify your identity screen". Contacted the app support and Audi and they were no help. Eventually solved it myself by going through the verification process on website instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would be great to hear your thoughts on the range of the 50. I'm in London so majority of my driving will be city driving with short distance with the occasional long trip back home to Ireland.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think realistically you're looking at a 150 mile range on a 100% charge, although a lot will depend on your driving style, ambient conditions, and suchlike. Day to day, I charge to 80% and see anywhere between 130-140 miles which is plenty.

For long trips you'll likely see better range as the E-Tron seems to perform best at 60-70 mph. If you can average 3mi/kWh then you'll get over 190 miles. Just plan your route home to Ireland carefully and allow time for a more leisurely pace with good breaks for rapid charging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where is home? I think that although places such as Wexford and towards Cork are well catered for with decent chargers, they are rather thin on the ground in Kerry, Galway Mayo etc. There are still fast chargers of course but rapid chargers do not seem to be that common yet. Interested in your observations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think realistically you're looking at a 150 mile range on a 100% charge, although a lot will depend on your driving style, ambient conditions, and suchlike. Day to day, I charge to 80% and see anywhere between 130-140 miles which is plenty.

For long trips you'll likely see better range as the E-Tron seems to perform best at 60-70 mph. If you can average 3mi/kWh then you'll get over 190 miles. Just plan your route home to Ireland carefully and allow time for a more leisurely pace with good breaks for rapid charging.
I've the trip already planned out in ZipMap but must also try abetterrouteplanner. Apparently Irish ferries has a slow charger on the actual Ferry and there is no additional charge you just need to pre book it. As you said a good route and some planning should take a lot of the stress away. Once I do the trip I'll put up a report in case anyone else is looking to make a longer trip in the 50.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where is home? I think that although places such as Wexford and towards Cork are well catered for with decent chargers, they are rather thin on the ground in Kerry, Galway Mayo etc. There are still fast chargers of course but rapid chargers do not seem to be that common yet. Interested in your observations.
Clare is home, specifically west Clare which is very limited charger wise. There is on 22kw charger in my home town. Will likely also use my parents 3 pin plug for charging if needed. I do very little miles once home. The route from Dublin to Clare is pretty good with some Ionity chargers and also a number of Apple Green chargers do a free 50kw charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Before it started getting colder, I was easily getting 130-135 miles on a 80% charge, its dropped a bit with the ambient temp. Having the pre-conditioning kick in every morning, before the nursery run will be hurting my range, but at the average cost per mile, its something I'm more than happy to live with.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Before it started getting colder, I was easily getting 130-135 miles on a 80% charge, its dropped a bit with the ambient temp. Having the pre-conditioning kick in every morning, before the nursery run will be hurting my range, but at the average cost per mile, its something I'm more than happy to live with.
If you use the MyAudi app to set up a timer to charge and precondition the car by your departure time, the car will precondition the cabin by drawing current from the wall. It does not impact you fully charged battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts