Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

took delivery of my Black edition etron 55 in navarra blue today. Not had chance to take it anywhere as of yet but looking forward to getting out in it and seeing what it can do.

Was a toss up between navarra blue and the grey but seeing the blue today with the gloss black couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great choice on the Navarra Blue, absolutely beautiful! Love the wheels as well, I haven't seen those yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations and that's a great color. I'm due to take delivery of my e-tron in Feb 2021 (covid restrictions mean this is likely to be pushed out) Would love to hear how you get on with the car in the coming months and any tips you might have as i'm in the UK also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations and that's a great color. I'm due to take delivery of my e-tron in Feb 2021 (covid restrictions mean this is likely to be pushed out) Would love to hear how you get on with the car in the coming months and any tips you might have as i'm in the UK also.
No worries, will do once i manage to get a few miles done.

I ordered mine at the end of July and it arrived early November.

·
Registered
9 Posts

[/

great you managed to get it before lockdown. Congrats again on the new car and look forward to hearing how it goes. My delivery date is still saying February but I suspect it will be after that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Gav0896

Having ordered mine last month, I am interested in your experience of getting the Audi/PodPoint box fitted (assuming you did).

What was the process? At what point between July and delivery did your dealer sort everything out? How long then before it was installed?

I'm interested because just after my dealer placed the order for the car they went into furlough so I can't easily ask him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still waiting for my pod point to be installed, it is being done next week. Audi called 1 week before the car was being delivered to organise the pod point.
Pod point same as pretty much everyone currently are working remotely so I found the only way of moving matters along was to call them constantly.
To be fair after chasing them they did push through an earlier date to install but the 19th was the earliest I could make.

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
91 Posts
My PodPoint was installed extremely well and to my exact needs (straight well clipped cabling etc) but I found that I was only able to achieve 5.3kW charging power. After forgetting about it and occasionally wondering why it wasn’t faster I called them and spoke to tech support. They did an over the air upgrade/settings change and I got up to 6.4kW. I suspect it’s possible to get the full 7.1kW but it might not necessarily be worth the risk of overheating the wiring. I can’t recommend PodPoint enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am still waiting for my pod point to be installed,
PodPoint seem to have a good reputation but I think that Audi does leave it until the last minute (actually, past the last minute in your case).

Although the Government website says that the grant is available from 4 months before the car is scheduled for delivery, I guess that Audi don't want to pay out their share until the car is actually delivered.

Interested to hear of anybody else's experience.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was able to order my PodPoint installation using just my sales invoice as evidence, the government grant was obtained automatically by the installer. In fact Audi didn’t have anything to do with my installation because I don’t think they really had a process at the time, I was probably within the first 20 cars in the UK or so..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting. How did you then get Audi to pay for the installation?

(Unless they were not offering this when you got your car in which case the issue does not arise.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
At the time it was just a government rebate of £500 towards the installation. I just had to pay the difference against the total cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

took delivery of my Black edition etron 55 in navarra blue today. Not had chance to take it anywhere as of yet but looking forward to getting out in it and seeing what it can do.

Was a toss up between navarra blue and the grey but seeing the blue today with the gloss black couldn’t be happier.

View attachment 822
I just ordered exactly the same car yesterday!! 55, Black Edition with the virtual mirrors!!

Haven't got a delivery date yet but expecting it be sometime around late March or Early April!

I was also stuck between Navarra Blue or Daytona Grey, but seeing your pic has made me realise I made the right choice!! 😎👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts