Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
27 Posts
At the time it was just a government rebate of £500 towards the installation. I just had to pay the difference against the total cost.
I simply asked the lease company (WeeVee) to get it as a no cost option and they did. PodPoint install was almost faultless.. and to begin with it didn't stay charging - just kept switching off, but as soon as I alerted PP about it - they updated it wirelessly and it works perfectly now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the avatars are great it's just a struggle to find a picture of a physical car. Obviously there are tons of pictures every other variant, i'm trying to convince the wife who is leaning towards and EQC 😖.

Guessing you haven't taken delivery of yours just yet?
If you are still making up your mind - my neighbour/friend has an EQC - much smaller in the back seat area. And its till has a transmission tunnel - hangover from C SUV platform.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are still making up your mind - my neighbour/friend has an EQC - much smaller in the back seat area. And its till has a transmission tunnel - hangover from C SUV platform.
Thankfully ordered the E-Tron - I had a good look at an EQC that I saw parked up and I just don't think it looks like a £60k+ car, like you say it's way too similar to the GLC. I've also heard they are not selling well so i'm assuming there will be some big discounts to be had.

I'm still struggling to find any physical pictures of a car with the same spec as my order aside from the one at the very start of this thread. They are a rare beast!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mate, iv got a standard Etron 50 Black Edition but in Mythos black. Got it delivered in January. Just got the front windows tinted and it looks like a beast! It's a great car and you will love it. Il post a pic of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mate, iv got a standard Etron 50 Black Edition but in Mythos black. Got it delivered in January. Just got the front windows tinted and it looks like a beast! It's a great car and you will love it. Il post a pic of it.
Mega! Looking forward to seeing the pictures

·
Registered
8 Posts
My PodPoint was installed extremely well and to my exact needs (straight well clipped cabling etc) but I found that I was only able to achieve 5.3kW charging power. After forgetting about it and occasionally wondering why it wasn’t faster I called them and spoke to tech support. They did an over the air upgrade/settings change and I got up to 6.4kW. I suspect it’s possible to get the full 7.1kW but it might not necessarily be worth the risk of overheating the wiring. I can’t recommend PodPoint enough.
Hi, I m booked to get the podpoint installed and I have gone for 7KW. Could you please tell how long does it take to full charge the car? Only couple of days ago I have got the delivery of my Etron Sportsback 50 Quattro

Thanks
Raamiz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Similar to pressurized , my PP is 6.4kW (per hour) so 10hours is 64 kW.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, I m booked to get the podpoint installed and I have gone for 7KW. Could you please tell how long does it take to full charge the car? Only couple of days ago I have got the delivery of my Etron Sportsback 50 Quattro

Thanks
Raamiz
Hi, my 7kw PodPoint takes nearly 12hrs to charge my e-tron 50 from <5% to 100%. I normally put it on charge at about 6pm and its done between 4 and 5.30am depending on how low it was to begin with......

·
Registered
99 Posts
The same as pressurized and RICH290, the car takes 6.4kW from the PodPoint so in the 4 hours of 5p electricity I get per night the car adds 25.6kWh which equates to just under 70 miles at this time of year (March/April).

It costs me £1.28 😁

·
Registered
97 Posts
Crikey, I hope I get my sums right...

My VW diesel Passat does about 42 miles / gallon. At a price of £4.88 / gallon, that's 12p / mile.

Chasing Car's e-tron: 2p / mile

With Octopus Go at 5p / kWh and my e-tron managing around 2 to 2.5 mi/kWh I'm in that ballpark too. Pretty good, I'd say.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Crikey, I hope I get my sums right...

My VW diesel Passat does about 42 miles / gallon. At a price of £4.88 / gallon, that's 12p / mile.

Chasing Car's e-tron: 2p / mile

With Octopus Go at 5p / kWh and my e-tron managing around 2 to 2.5 mi/kWh I'm in that ballpark too. Pretty good, I'd say.
How do you get Octopus Go at 5pm /kWh? If I may ask ! I only have the one Octopus tariff and it's about 17p. I have asked for a smart meter but they can't seem to get them installed at the moment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's only 5p / kWh between 00:30 and 04:30 and you have to have a smart meter so they can assess when the energy was taken. Outside that period it's around 14p / kWh.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's only 5p / kWh between 00:30 and 04:30 and you have to have a smart meter so they can assess when the energy was taken. Outside that period it's around 14p / kWh.
Thanks - just checked my tariff which is Flexible (15.9p kWh) as I don't have smart meter yet.. have been registering my interest for some time !

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought that smart meters were available to all. Is it where you live that means you can't get one installed?

If you are paying 15.9p, would you not be better off just going to one of the (non-smart) Economy 7 deals until a smart meter install becomes available?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought that smart meters were available to all. Is it where you live that means you can't get one installed?

If you are paying 15.9p, would you not be better off just going to one of the (non-smart) Economy 7 deals until a smart meter install becomes available?
that's a thought - will review other non smart options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
that's a thought - will review other non smart options.
just to close this out - if you call Octopus and speak to someone directly you can book a smart meter installation ! (booked for May 8th) .. [I had just naively been waiting for them to respond to my "interest I registered" !] Then I can move to the cheaper overnight tariff at 5p/kWh. 😁👍

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone recent placed their order have an estimated delivery or build date?
I picked mine up last month and had waited 5 months from order. From what others have said that time has lengthened a little recently to perhaps six months. Some have had their quoted build dates moved after they had been issued but mine stayed fixed all the way through the process. The only (small) unexpected delay was shipping from Sheerness to the dealer, which meant that I actually got the car a week later than expected.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts