Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. Recently bought an Etron 55 Quatro Sport S line Black edition or whatever the long name is. I love the car.

1) What decides the ambient lighting or whatever it's called. My cockpit is lit up by blue stripes, then next day it's red stripes. And so on. I haven't changed anything in the MMI.

2) How do I enable the Etron S line door to ground lighting?

3) How on earth do you use the voice commands? It's not very good IMO.

4) How can I click 1-2-3-4 while on a phone call with android auto? I keep calling stuff where I have to click a number to get to the right department, but there's no function to do so that I've found. And my phone doesn't give the option while on android auto.

5) Where do you store your sunglasses?

6) How do you reattach the parcel shelf haha. I took it off and feel like an idiot now.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
147 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'll try to help, but don't know all the answers.
1,2) It's somewhere in the settings. I don't have a Prestige line, so don't know where exactly
3) Press the voice command button and speak. The list of available command is rather limited, so don't expect Google Assistance level functionality. If you use Android Auto, perhaps better to use phone instead
4) dunno, don't have AA
5) For those missing the sunglasses storage compartment
6) Not sure what's a parcel shelf. lol, please, clarify

Enjoy your new e-Tron and post your experience!

·
Registered
205 Posts
The ambient lighting has different modes. You can select fixed colors but it sounds like that is not what yours is set to. More likely, it is set to drive mode in which the color is based on the drive mode you are in. Comfort is white, Auto is yellow, not sure what the others are. The side benefit of the drive mode is that it indicates different things you do in the car. If you lower the temperature, it will switch to blue for a few seconds; if you raise it, it will show red. Similarly, it shows red on all for doors if you switch to reverse if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ambient lighting has different modes. You can select fixed colors but it sounds like that is not what yours is set to. More likely, it is set to drive mode in which the color is based on the drive mode you are in. Comfort is white, Auto is yellow, not sure what the others are. The side benefit of the drive mode is that it indicates different things you do in the car. If you lower the temperature, it will switch to blue for a few seconds; if you raise it, it will show red. Similarly, it shows red on all for doors if you switch to reverse if I remember correctly.
Thanks dude!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts