Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2022 Etron, trading in our Q5. I have yet to be able to get the foot activated tailgate to open for me. This was never an issue in my Q5. Is there some trick? We do have a trailer hitch so that might be an issue.

Also, like many others, we have yet to be able to successfully log in to MyAudi in the car. No problem logging in elsewhere. Our dealer doesn't have a solution other than to keep trying! Four days now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the factory trailer hitch and it works fine. Make sure you do the kick motion just to the right of the hitch. Kick it toward the front in one swoop and you have to go fairly far like almost kicking the underbody. Also, make sure you (or anybody else) is not standing too close to the car or it will just do nothing.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I saw this about the app. Check it out; MMI & MyAudi - 2022 Issues/Update its something to do with service being switched from ATT to Verizon. I hope it helps.. Also, I had no luck with my tailgate opening.
LOL. Getting the tailgate to work is a common problem. Assuming yours is properly operating, my advice is to "kick it like you hate it." For me, facing the back of the car standing midway between the drivers side and mid car, I will give a quick,forceful swipe left to right in a slight arc. My leg is lifted high enough that sometimes my shoe top might brush the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the trailer hitch. When facing the rear, it seemed as though the left side of the trailer hitch activated it, but I usually just aim for the middle. It usually works first go for me, except when I really, really need it on the first time. Also, I've swept my garage with a push broom and the motion under the rear bumper activates the rear hatch, when I don't want it to. Broom is on the ground so surprised that activated it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts