Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened at least 3 times to me this month, when I drive slowly out of a Plaza or my driveway, the transmission jumped to N without any notice... I can make the issue happen again on purpose, wondering if maybe some kind of transmission protection?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a thread on this current: Issue report: Jump to Park when Autohold at traffic light~

This seems to be a major issue, and it's a significant safety concern for many etron GT owners. I own a '22 RS etron GT and it's currently at the dealership for troubleshooting.

The car has gone into either Neutral or Park while coming to a stop, or at a stop. No real rhyme or reason, it appears to happen at random.

The safety issue is this happened during an unprotected left turn in the middle of an intersection! Coming to a stop to make a left, the car then shifted into Park. The light turned yellow, and the car had no power. Wife went into panic mode as the car was stuck in the intersection, and then realized it was in Park. Except she said it wouldn't easily go back into Drive. Finally, she got it to go into drive by turning the car off and on, while people were honking at her as she sat in the middle of the intersection.

Absolutely ridiculous, a complete fail on Audi's part. Clearly these cars were not tested for bugs prior to mass production, and this is a big problem. If they cannot resolve this, every etron GT owner should be concerned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a thread on this current: Issue report: Jump to Park when Autohold at traffic light~

This seems to be a major issue, and it's a significant safety concern for many etron GT owners. I own a '22 RS etron GT and it's currently at the dealership for troubleshooting.

The car has gone into either Neutral or Park while coming to a stop, or at a stop. No real rhyme or reason, it appears to happen at random.

The safety issue is this happened during an unprotected left turn in the middle of an intersection! Coming to a stop to make a left, the car then shifted into Park. The light turned yellow, and the car had no power. Wife went into panic mode as the car was stuck in the intersection, and then realized it was in Park. Except she said it wouldn't easily go back into Drive. Finally, she got it to go into drive by turning the car off and on, while people were honking at her as she sat in the middle of the intersection.

Absolutely ridiculous, a complete fail on Audi's part. Clearly these cars were not tested for bugs prior to mass production, and this is a big problem. If they cannot resolve this, every etron GT owner should be concerned.
Hi xkpgx,

I posted that thread too : )

Actually, for that issue I believe I found the reason as I replied on that thread:

Updated: Maybe here is the reason:
The autohold is not very easy to active for EtronGT, so sometimes we totally brake the car there but without the A light on, if we are not holding the brake, the vehicle will automatically shift to P, I test it many times, and I believe this is the reason, for now...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi xkpgx,

I posted that thread too : )

Actually, for that issue I believe I found the reason as I replied on that thread:

Updated: Maybe here is the reason:
The autohold is not very easy to active for EtronGT, so sometimes we totally brake the car there but without the A light on, if we are not holding the brake, the vehicle will automatically shift to P, I test it many times, and I believe this is the reason, for now...
That would be pretty crazy if that's the issue, because it seems to have this behavior even creeping up (example, being in an intersection at an unprotected left turn) - so activating autohold in that scenario, or bumper to bumper traffic, is a huge safety issue.

Hopefully a simple software update can resolve this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be pretty crazy if that's the issue, because it seems to have this behavior even creeping up (example, being in an intersection at an unprotected left turn) - so activating autohold in that scenario, or bumper to bumper traffic, is a huge safety issue.

Hopefully a simple software update can resolve this.
Yes, you are right! Unexpect Jump to P or N from D is a serious issue!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly, its my wife's daily driver and she told me this morning she doesn't trust driving it anymore, especially with the kids and refuses to drive it until its guaranteed to be fixed. Being stuck in an intersection at a red light with cars blasting by her with the horns blazing really shook her up. Crazy to happen to a brand new $160K car, and it's not a one off situation - seems to be a problem with many of them!

·
Registered
'22 e-tron GT & '22 e-tron 55
55 Posts
Exactly, its my wife's daily driver and she told me this morning she doesn't trust driving it anymore, especially with the kids and refuses to drive it until its guaranteed to be fixed. Being stuck in an intersection at a red light with cars blasting by her with the horns blazing really shook her up. Crazy to happen to a brand new $160K car, and it's not a one off situation - seems to be a problem with many of them!
Relax & tell your dealer / service facility to apply TSB 2067546/1. I had this done a month ago and the car has been perfect since then. Up to that point it unexpectedly shifted from drive to park on 3 separate occasions the previous week, when I was sitting at a traffic light for more than a minute with my foot on the brake. At least in my case this is a problem solved.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Audi Fletcher Jones in Costa Mesa. They performed the software update yesterday, so I'm hoping this solves the problem!! Happy that this could be the simple fix so we can go back to enjoying the car without any worries again :)
Thank you for let me know, I have talked with Audi FJ for serval times, the service team leader Frank is good.

May I ask how long have you leave the car there? just waiting there for about 1 hour?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for let me know, I have talked with Audi FJ for serval times, the service team leader Frank is good.

May I ask how long have you leave the car there? just waiting there for about 1 hour?
I dropped it off yesterday morning and it was done by the end of the day, and just picked it up this morning. I'll update this if the issue happens again, if not- no news is good news!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just completed TSB 2067546/1. My service advisor said because my car was a newer build, Audi said my car doesn't need the TSB so we had to get the approval from corporate.
It got done, now I'll see if the issue happens again.

My service advisor is very knowledgeable, they actually answer the phone and communicate every move including a video with detailed description of what they did.

For you OC folks it's Jorge Salceda from Audi Noth OC (657) 315-4400

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just completed TSB 2067546/1. My service advisor said because my car was a newer build, Audi said my car doesn't need the TSB so we had to get the approval from corporate.
It got done, now I'll see if the issue happens again.

My service advisor is very knowledgeable, they actually answer the phone and communicate every move including a video with detailed description of what they did.

For you OC folks it's Jorge Salceda from Audi Noth OC (657) 315-4400
Great info! I believe the North OC audi is just opened so have good service : )

1 - 20 of 53 Posts