Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually had this issue with my RS GT about 6 months ago. Dealer said they had no idea how to fix it. I sold the car for several reasons, that issue being one of them. I have a new one coming tomorrow and it looks like the first thing I'll need to do is have that update done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I actually had this issue with my RS GT about 6 months ago. Dealer said they had no idea how to fix it. I sold the car for several reasons, that issue being one of them. I have a new one coming tomorrow and it looks like the first thing I'll need to do is have that update done.
You mean you sold and bought the same color and same spec GT?!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Relax & tell your dealer / service facility to apply TSB 2067546/1. I had this done a month ago and the car has been perfect since then. Up to that point it unexpectedly shifted from drive to park on 3 separate occasions the previous week, when I was sitting at a traffic light for more than a minute with my foot on the brake. At least in my case this is a problem solved.
Going to park vs going to neutral is a completely different issue. Going to Park has a TSB. That TSB has zero mention of going to neutral (it's completely unrelated, actually, since the basis for going to P is being stopped, whereas going to N is triggered while moving). So, I don't think the going to N has been addressed yet. I have had both happen, and the going to N is legitimately scary. Coasting in the middle of traffic and you have to come to a complete stop to reboot the car. Happened to me for the 3rd time today. Dealer appointment not until Oct. 4th.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Going to park vs going to neutral is a completely different issue. Going to Park has a TSB. That TSB has zero mention of going to neutral (it's completely unrelated, actually, since the basis for going to P is being stopped, whereas going to N is triggered while moving). So, I don't think the going to N has been addressed yet. I have had both happen, and the going to N is legitimately scary. Coasting in the middle of traffic and you have to come to a complete stop to reboot the car. Happened to me for the 3rd time today. Dealer appointment not until Oct. 4th.
Agreed with you, N is much worse than P, for the safety considering.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I got the TSB a few days ago and a few hundred miles, hasn't gone to into P or N yet.

Before it went into P, but N a couple of times. It's definitely scary when you roll backwards and the throttle doesn't work.
Now that I expect it, I'm more aware to brake if it happens again.

I'll report back if it TSB doesn't fix the issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well it happened after the TSB. Car went into neutral
I didn't freak out, was almost expected it. Judy put in drive and took off
This is unfortunate to hear. Goes without saying but we shouldn't be dealing with issues like this. Now that you've been through it enough, do you have a step by step on how to resolve it on site for someone who may be experiencing it for the first time?

·
Registered
669 Posts
This is unfortunate to hear. Goes without saying but we shouldn't be dealing with issues like this. Now that you've been through it enough, do you have a step by step on how to resolve it on site for someone who may be experiencing it for the first time?
I had my foot in the brake pedal and I was on a flat surface. I just stepped on the throttle, it didn't move, immediately looked down saw it was in neutral, put it into drive, took them back to normal driving.
Only way to deal with the issue is to almost expect it to happen and not over react. Keep foot on brake then put it in gear.

This is the third time it happened to me. First time was on a hill which threw me off. Why am I rolling backwards? Braked, put it in gear and took off.

Problem is I don't want to take it in for service because it could possibly be lemoned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my foot in the brake pedal and I was on a flat surface. I just stepped on the throttle, it didn't move, immediately looked down saw it was in neutral, put it into drive, took them back to normal driving.
Only way to deal with the issue is to almost expect it to happen and not over react. Keep foot on brake then put it in gear.

This is the third time it happened to me. First time was on a hill which threw me off. Why am I rolling backwards? Braked, put it in gear and took off.

Problem is I don't want to take it in for service because it could possibly be lemoned.
Thank you for that. I had an issue with my first RS GT where I was at a stop light, then tried to go - and the car didn't move. It said it was in D, but the throttle didn't work. I frantically tried everything while the cars behind were honking and eventually shut the whole car off, and restarted it. Then I could go again. Hated every second of that experience.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thank you for that. I had an issue with my first RS GT where I was at a stop light, then tried to go - and the car didn't move. It said it was in D, but the throttle didn't work. I frantically tried everything while the cars behind were honking and eventually shut the whole car off, and restarted it. Then I could go again. Hated every second of that experience.
I've experienced this more than neutral. Mind you this was at 100 miles on the car.
The TSB fixes the going into park problem, not the neutral.
I got the honk last night too

·
Registered
669 Posts
How did you get dealer to agree to TSB if it wasn't eligible?
The service advisor had to open a ticket with Audi TAC (technical assistance center) so they can approve and monitor the situation. This will help build a solution for another TSB.

These drivetrain issues are no joke and huge liabilities for any OEM. They are the easiest way to lemon out a car because it's safety related

·
Registered
63 Posts

Interesting. The 2 times I had it go into neutral I had to turn the car off then back on again in order to get it into drive.
And yes - good call on expecting it. I've done the same, but it's still nerve racking especially last time when coasting on a freeway exit that turns into a very busy 5 lane road...hard to find the best spot to come to a complete stop. :/
They need to figure this one out ASAP.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Exactly the same thing as me. Actually, I can let it happend again on my drive way, you just need to let the car goes as slowly as you can, on the slope surface.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exactly the same thing as me. Actually, I can let it happend again on my drive way, you just need to let the car goes as slowly as you can, on the slope surface.
Can you give just a bit more detail? You're saying: the car is on a slight slope, you let your foot off the brake completely? And within a few feet/seconds it will go into neutral? Do you have to start/stop car or can you get it back into drive by just pushing on the brake and bringing it to a stop? Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Can you give just a bit more detail? You're saying: the car is on a slight slope, you let your foot off the brake completely? And within a few feet/seconds it will go into neutral? Do you have to start/stop car or can you get it back into drive by just pushing on the brake and bringing it to a stop? Thanks for sharing!
1. the car on a slight slope;
2. Hold the brake to let the car as slowly as you can;
3. the car will Jump to N;
4. Push brake to stop the car, then you can switch to D or P.

Somehow I wonder if this is a protection of the transmission?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts