Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my blue E-Tron two day ago at Audi South Austin. So far I am loving it.

Coming from Tesla, I bought a 2020 Tesla Model X performance for my wife few months ago. There are a lot of things I like about Tesla i.e performance, the instant torque and navigation on autopilot but I had enough of their arrogant, built quality. That's why I decided to go with Audi e-tron.

What I like about e-tron.

1. Built Quality. By far, so much better than Tesla. I feel so good every time i step inside my e-tron. On my Tesla, there is a chrome piece by the window stick out so much that it's visible 20 feet away. When the Tesla technician checked it he told me that's "within spec". I wonder if I can pay Elon Musk $10k less and tell him it's "within range". LOL.
2. Quietness. By far, so much better that Tesla. Tesla had to replace the window glass to minimize the wind noise. even after that, it's a noisy EV.
3. Service. Since I bought my Tesla, I have Tesla technician come to my place every two weeks. Every time I have an issue, I have to make an appoint thru the app and it's always two weeks out. There is no phone number to call or talk to a human being. On Audi, I have an issue on the taillight, got an appointment the same day and a loaner car. Tesla only issue Uber credit. LOL.
4. Buying Process. Everyone at Audi South Austin treat me like an important customer. For Tesla, the delivery process is a joke. We showed up at the gallery, they handed me a set of keys and that is it. They told us there are few videos we can watch to learn all about Tesla. They don't even walk you to the car. And I am talking about buying a $115k car.

People talking about how Tesla more superior than Audi.

1. Range. For example, my Tesla X is rated 305 miles but Tesla only recommend to charge up to 90% so I get 265 miles. Audi let you charge it to 100% of the advertised range which is 204 miles. So far, of course i only had my e-tron a few day, Audi is closer to the real world range. I will never get any close to what it shows on the dashboard.
2. Full Self Driving. Really... Full Self Driving??? Not even close. Most of the features are in "beta" for a long time. I think "beta" will always be there so Tesla can't be held liable. I can't even complain about because Tesla says it's a "beta" version. And I paid $7000 for it.
3. No spare tire or Run-Flat tires on Tesla. Good luck on that.
4. High Speed Charging. Tesla advertise 250kw charging capability. That's only with Tesla Superchargers. I paid $450 for a ChaDeMo adapter and it's only good for up to 50kw on a DC Fast Charger. On the e-tron, I tried it to charge on a public DC fast charger it got 87kw consistently.

Don't get me wrong, Tesla is still the king of EVs but they need to step up their game before I even consider buying a Tesla.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I also recently bought my E-Tron from Audi South Austin a few weeks ago. Great service so far. I also passed on Tesla for many of the same reasons. They're still in "no competition mode" and are just trying to shove as many out the door as they can. In fact, I think you'll find many folks here share the same opinion and experience.

Mad respect for what Tesla has done for the industry, but glad other manufactures are finally catching on and applying their unique brands to the electric vehicle. Nothing better than some healthy competition to keep everybody accountable and pushing to raise the bar.

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Was that the one on the show room floor? I remember seeing one that looked exactly like that a few weeks ago. That color looks even better in sunlight, very nice!

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
I can’t say enough good thing about Audi South Austin. Service is top notch.
Awesome, I knew that E-Tron looked familiar. Hah. But yeah, great dealer experience as well. No pressure, no games, etc. I'll be testing their service department next week.

Complete opposite of my experiences with North Audi. Walked away, each time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Service department at Audi South Austin is excellent as well. Made a same day appointment. I pulled my car in at the scheduled time, greeted by a friendly advisor and I was out with a Q5 loaner in less than 10 minutes. I didn’t even had a chance to grab a water. LOL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations! That is a beautiful car and I think you'll love owning it. The few glitches I'm seeing are fairly minor and universal (all brands, all models). I can't imagine having problems with a Tesla and having to "Uber" everywhere until God knows when it's fixed. That is just bonkers. It's not like they're priced as no-frills cars.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congratulations! That is a beautiful car and I think you'll love owning it. The few glitches I'm seeing are fairly minor and universal (all brands, all models). I can't imagine having problems with a Tesla and having to "Uber" everywhere until God knows when it's fixed. That is just bonkers. It's not like they're priced as no-frills cars.
Its only getting worse.
Model Y issues aren't going away any time soon, and this is the most critical time for the new Tesla. Likewise with the Model 3 and not so much with the Model X from what I hear. At least these E-Tron's provide a consistent experience.
On that note...

Was anyone here an ex-Tesla owner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here as well, just bought our e-tron from Charles at South Austin as well! I cannot agree more, the quality of service is top notch and having knowledgeable staff gives them an edge in my books. When I spoke with other dealerships I felt like I was educating them on the car... what a joke! @Texasfun your summary of Tesla quality was fantastic. We looked very heavily into a Model X and the first thing my wife saw was the out of line door handles. She asked if that was on purpose and commented how terrible it looked, my response was that it's software first and car second... quality control is limited. The Audi is German engineered and so freaking solid!

We ended up with the Manhattan Grey with Okapi Brown interior and everybody that gets in it comments on how expensive the car looks.

Looking forward to happy times in MegeTron!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New here as well, just bought our e-tron from Charles at South Austin as well! I cannot agree more, the quality of service is top notch and having knowledgeable staff gives them an edge in my books. When I spoke with other dealerships I felt like I was educating them on the car... what a joke! @Texasfun your summary of Tesla quality was fantastic. We looked very heavily into a Model X and the first thing my wife saw was the out of line door handles. She asked if that was on purpose and commented how terrible it looked, my response was that it's software first and car second... quality control is limited. The Audi is German engineered and so freaking solid!

We ended up with the Manhattan Grey with Okapi Brown interior and everybody that gets in it comments on how expensive the car looks.

Looking forward to happy times in MegeTron! View attachment 535
Congratulation on your beautiful e-tron.

E-tron is a beautiful car and the quality is unmatched. In my opinion, e-tron is the most beautiful SUV/Crossover in Audi lineup beside the Q8. I feel like I am getting an Audi Q8 for a Q5 price. Best of all it's all electric. I don't think I can ever go back to a gas car again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts