Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just purchased my first Audi E-Tron 2019 and can not get enough of it lol :cool: It is such a beauty:love:How's everyone charging it? Does anyone use an Amazon JuiceBox? Irina

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hello everyone. I just purchased my first Audi E-Tron 2019 and can not get enough of it lol :cool: It is such a beauty:love:How's everyone charging it? Does anyone use an Amazon JuiceBox? Irina
Welcome to the forum!

Most folks are going to use a home EV connector (i.e., charger) to recharge overnight. I've got the JuiceBox 40amp, but it's made by Enel X. It just happens to be one of the more popular ones on Amazon. But there are plenty to chose from and Amazon is a good place to check some review; just be sure you consult an electrician for installation if you don't already have the proper wiring and plug in your garage.

Congrats and be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

Most folks are going to use a home EV connector (i.e., charger) to recharge overnight. I've got the JuiceBox 40amp, but it's made by Enel X. It just happens to be one of the more popular ones on Amazon. But there are plenty to chose from and Amazon is a good place to check some review; just be sure you consult an electrician for installation if you don't already have the proper wiring and plug in your garage.

Congrats and be sure to post some pics!
Hi Omegafiler,

What are the advantages of using other chargers besides the Audi charger?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi Omegafiler,

What are the advantages of using other chargers besides the Audi charger?
In terms of charging speed, the included Audi charger is 40amp, so unless you go higher than that, it'll charge just as fast. But once again, you need to have sufficient power in the garage with any solution. If you just plug that included charger to a normal 110v outlet, it'll go super slow (e.g., days vs hours to charge).

I went for the separate charger as we have 2 EV's, wanted the app to monitor charging (or schedule), and would rather just keep the Audi charger in the vehicle for future trips and such. Then there will always a Level 2 charger in the garage, ready to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have two different EVSE units for two different houses. A smaller Clipper Creek unit where the electrics aren't adequate and a ChargePoint where they are. I prefer to keep the Audi unit in the car for just in case instances.

The Chargepoint is nice as I don't have to fuss around with the car timer for on-peak/off-peak electricity rates. It's capable to time of day charging whereas the Clipper Creek isn't.

Reactions: audifan

·
Registered
357 Posts
@Happy1inflorida how many miles are you planning to put on every day/week? I think its a good place to start because some people can get away with the standard Audi charger.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations on your Audi. I had my electrical service upgraded to put a 240V/40A outlet in the garage, compatible with the charger that comes with the car. I am using the Audi charger in the garage and it works like a charm. I figure that if I ever am going to take longer trips, I can just unplug it and toss it in the frunk. In considering your options a couple of things to consider: 1) your standard dryer circuit cannot be used for EV chargers. Chargers use specific types of plugs; 2) make sure you locate your charger so that the cable will reach your car charging port! The cable lengths are generally fixed, but vary from brand to brand. If you buy a charger the deciding factor might be whether or not it can reach your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts